• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Monarch at Sea Pines...MONO unit???

dls0210

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked a Thanksgiving 2012 week at Monarch back in August 2011 via an Interval exchange. View is not that important to us, so I didn't focus on that when we booked it. We just REALLY wanted to go to Hilton Head. :)

In looking back at the email confirmation I received from Interval, it says the Unit No: is MONO. The actual Confirmation Certificate does not say anything about the view. The Marriott confirmation email (after I added my Rewards # to the reservation) says "View Request Not Gtd; Request Noted", but it doesn't indicate what the request is.

As I said, the view is not that important to us, but I'm starting to get curious. I could not find any references to the MONO code when doing a search on this forum, so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone can provide the answer.

Thanks.
dls

Deej82

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own an OceanFront 2B unit at the Monarch, and it shows as MONO in my II account... so either all units are the same code or you have an oceanfront unit. Good luck! We love the Monarch.. will be there on July 21! Enjoy..D.J.

dls0210

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Even though I say we don't really care about the view, an oceanfront would be terrific to have. I hope that is the answer, and not that all units have the same code.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think they are also fixed units. There are only two unit types that I know of, the 3BR Ocean Front Suites and the 2BR units. Given the fixed units, I don't think there are any view designations. As far as I know all 2BR units have a MONO unit code.

If it is a floating unit system and given that it is a SC Marriott, there is little guaranty that you would actually get what you exchanged in to if it were ocean front or view vs a garden type view.

Monarch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Monarch first of timeshares

I think they are also fixed units. There are only two unit types that I know of, the 3BR Ocean Front Suites and the 2BR units. Given the fixed units, I don't think there are any view designations. As far as I know all 2BR units have a MONO unit code.

If it is a floating unit system and given that it is a SC Marriott, there is little guaranty that you would actually get what you exchanged in to if it were ocean front or view vs a garden type view.
Monarch has only one 3 BR and it is the Oceanfront penthouse. You will NOT get that!
Otherwise there are VERY limited oceanfront units. Most units look out onto the garden and lagoon areas with some having a snippet of oceanview. Most of us with oceanfront either continue to use them, let family use them or rent them out ourselves outside of the Marriott "system".
The floating units at Monarch are in one of the back buildings with lagoon and garden view. They came into existence when marriott took over and could not sell the remaining back building quickly enough.
We have never heard the term MONO in any reference in 30 years.

Thanksgiving is a lovely time with so much to do even away from the ocean.
We hope you enjoy wherever you land!

tlwmkw

Reaction score
We've stayed at Monarch on an exchange and were in an oceanfront room. The thing there is that many of the units were sold as fixed week/fixed unit so you get exactly what was traded by the owner. We got that unit because the owner traded with II. There are a few floating units but we were told that there aren't many. I don't know what they do as far as unit if a floating unit was traded. Good luck! We enjoyed our stay there.

tlwmkw

Shell8660

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Monarch last year in a garden view room, my unit was coded MONG so I would guess MONO Is ocean front. I usually call 2 weeks before check in and request the Azelea building which is the building with the ocean front units. They have always accommodated our requests, but never an OF room. I've stayed 2 consecutive weeks and had to switch rooms because an owner was coming. Sounded like if you are an owner they give you your room but if you are trading via II they could move you around. I would call and make a request that you want the OF view you traded into.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looking back at that Marriott II Unit Codes list, it does seem that I had noted MONO was Ocean Front.

I have added MONG as Garden View.

dls0210

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, everyone. It sounds like I've traded into an ocean front room, but might not get it because I'm not an owner there. No big deal, it won't ruin our vacation.

Thanks to dioxide for the link to the Marriott codes. Now I know where I can go look in the future instead of doing a forum search for the code.