• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mexico Destination Club - Hotel Xcaret

Krishna383

Reaction score
We attended a presentation and ended up purchasing. Here are the details:

Cost: $11,000 +$749 closing fee
Validity : 20 years (10 years plus free renewal for another 10 years).
Annual fee: $140 (No main fee just membership fee).
Type: Pearl

Benefits:
- Member rates for Xcaret hotels for us and 6 beneficiaries. Min 25% discount . Blackouts apply (Mo major Holidays and festive weekends).
- Includes 40 weeks that can be exchanges with RCI. Min 1 week exchange and would cost $819/week (includes mem, exchange, booking etc).
- Hotel discounts using Lifestyle Xperiences 365 (2 years membbership included, $250/year after that)
- Concierge service (Not sure if this is going to be different than the regular CC ones).

Perks for joining:
- 4 nights stay at xcaret ( ~$2500 value atleast. 1 night activated immediately and 3 nights after paying 100%). Blackouts apply
- 4 RCI weeks for $339 (instead if $819).
- $2000x2 Cruise rewards with Lifestyle Xperiences 365

Questions for this group:
- Are RCI weeks worth at $819. Looks like no restrictions.
- How is Lifestyle Xperiences 365 . Has any one used, the discounts they showed were awesome but not sure
- How is Cruise credits with Lifestyle Xperiences 365?

Overall:
What are your thoughts of this? Keep or rescind?
We travel a lot. The way I took is that this is a $735/year membership fee for discounts at hotel stays with out perks and $310 with perks ($2500 for 4 night stay, $2000 savings for rci weeks, $4000 for cruise). We travel a lot and if the discounts and rci weeks are worth, we may be able to make this up easily if they can save us this much each year.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Mexican resorts are easy to rent. $12,000 up front, then annual fees gives you lots of options.

RCI last call weeks are $300ish with frequent sales.
Never heard of Lifestyle Xperiences 365. Anybody's guess as to usefulness or value.
Cruises with hotel or TS links are just discounts from rack rates that nobody pays anyway. They are on 'selected' cruises, not across the board. Cash at a cruise discounter like vacationstogo work on every cruise on every cruise line.

I'd never fall for paying $735 a year (after almost $12K upfront) for some unknown discount from somebody else's number.

Rescind. Keep your money in your pocket. Do some independent research. Suspect their numbers and terminology. If it turns out to be a good deal, it'll be available later.

Jim

Krishna383

Reaction score
Thanks Jim!
Can I use $300 as a cost for each RCI week for my evaluation (Is 300ish in sale or regular price)? (BTW, the terms says when I convert 7 days to RCI I get 11 Exchange Power Units, not sure what it means).
I am not paying $735 a year, its only $140 annual fees. I was just converting the upfront $12K for 20 years ($590/year) and adding that. So its 12K upfront and $140 annual fees.

Krishna383

Reaction score
Thanks all. I am rescinding.
I am in US (Seattle WA). Any idea what is a best way to send a certified mail to Mexico along with return receipt letter ?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in US (Seattle WA). Any idea what is a best way to send a certified mail to Mexico along with return receipt letter ?

Send it via USPS REGISTERED MAIL only.....

Certified Mail is ONLY good inside the USA. Registered Mail is for worldwide mailings.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your paperwork SHOULD state the preferred method. If you have a street address in Mexico, you might try DHL. But USPS Registered Mail will give the required postmark to date the rescission (which is the OFFICIAL date/time stamp)

chebyrashka

Reaction score
We purchased a similar package and the numbers worked well for us. I would ignore RCI and the 365 reservation service, I don't think they have much value, just focus on the direct Xcaret benefits. It's hard to say if you'll get value from it because I don't know your vacation style and how many people but it's pretty easy to figure out if you break it down by days.