• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Vacation Club Offer, Worth it?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Just received a call this afternoon from MVC, they offered me the package at super low price in exchange of 90 minutes presentation. Did anyone purchase the package below and what was your experience? Is it worth the time? I'm thinking to add few nights with the Hawaii package to extend my Ko Olina week.

Dear Family,

First, congratulations on being one of the owners selected for this special promotion. As a valued Marriott Vacation Club® Owner, we invite you to enjoy a unique opportunity to get away to:

NEVADA

Grand Chateau, Las Vegas

4 Days/ 3 Nights, 1 Bedroom Villa

$199 Wed-Fri Arrivals, $99 Sat-Tues Arrivals

(Additional nights are based on availability)

CALIFORNIA

Marriott Vacation Club, San Diego

4 Days/ 3 Nights, Suite $99

Newport Coast Villas, Newport Beach

4 Days/ 3 Nights, 2 Bedroom Villa $299

Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe

4 Days / 3 Nights, 1 Bedroom Villa $299

(No additional nights available)

ARIZONA

Canyon Villas, Phoenix, AZ

4 Days / 3 Nights, 1 Bedroom Villa $399

HAWAII

Marriott Vacation Club, Waikoloa Hawaii

6 Days / 5 Nights, 1 Bedroom Suite $699

(5/5/17 – 12/15/17)

Kauai Beach Club, Lihue, HI

6 Days / 5 Nights, Guestroom $699

Ko’Olina Beach Club, Oahu, HI

ARUBA

Aruba Surf Club, Palm Beach, Aruba

5 Days / 4 Nights, Guestroom $399

After 4/22/17

AUSTRALIA

Surfers Paradise, Queensland

8 Days/7 Nights, Guestroom $849

These special promotions are available for travel within the next 6-9 months. While you’re with us on vacation, you will join us for an informative 90-minute presentation to learn about the exciting travel options available through the new Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ ownership program. This would be a great opportunity to bring questions about the program and in relation to what you currently own; to maximize the time that you will have with the licensed representative.

Please keep in mind that all prices and locations are subject to change at any time.

Happy Vacationing!

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
If you're willing to attend the presentation, it's worth it. I had a similar offer; would have done it, but DW refuses to attend presentation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received a call this afternoon from MVC, they offered me the package at super low price in exchange of 90 minutes presentation. Did anyone purchase the package below and what was your experience? Is it worth the time? I'm thinking to add few nights with the Hawaii package to extend my Ko Olina week.

Dear Family,

First, congratulations on being one of the owners selected for this special promotion. As a valued Marriott Vacation Club® Owner, we invite you to enjoy a unique opportunity to get away to:

NEVADA

Grand Chateau, Las Vegas

4 Days/ 3 Nights, 1 Bedroom Villa

$199 Wed-Fri Arrivals, $99 Sat-Tues Arrivals

CALIFORNIA

Marriott Vacation Club, San Diego

4 Days/ 3 Nights, Suite $99

Newport Coast Villas, Newport Beach

4 Days/ 3 Nights, 2 Bedroom Villa $299

Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe

4 Days / 3 Nights, 1 Bedroom Villa $299

ARIZONA

Canyon Villas, Phoenix, AZ

4 Days / 3 Nights, 1 Bedroom Villa $399

HAWAII

Marriott Vacation Club, Waikoloa Hawaii

6 Days / 5 Nights, 1 Bedroom Suite $699

(5/5/17 – 12/15/17)

Kauai Beach Club, Lihue, HI

Ko’Olina Beach Club, Oahu, HI

ARUBA

Aruba Surf Club, Palm Beach, Aruba

5 Days / 4 Nights, Guestroom $399

After 4/22/17

AUSTRALIA

Surfers Paradise, Queensland

8 Days/7 Nights, Guestroom $849

These special promotions are available for travel within the next 6-9 months. While you’re with us on vacation, you will join us for an informative 90-minute presentation to learn about the exciting travel options available through the new Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ ownership program. This would be a great opportunity to bring questions about the program and in relation to what you currently own; to maximize the time that you will have with the licensed representative.

Please keep in mind that all prices and locations are subject to change at any time.

Happy Vacationing!

We did take advantage of a similar offer last summer. Five nights at the Mayflower in DC for $199.00. We were visiting our son's; one lives in DC the other in MD within 30 minutes. This was a planned week vacation in MD, so the offer provided an opportunity to extend it 5 nights. As for the presentation it lasted just over an hour; as it was apparent that we were not buying anything. It was a great value for us. Downtown DC within walking distance of everything during restaurant week! So i believe it's an excellent way to extend your vacation.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I would love to receive this offer. Some of the deals on the list are outstanding values; all are good. Any insight on how they select who receives the offer?

RHawk88062

Reaction score
We've purchased several similar packages from Marriott (way back in the day) and they are legitimate - however, the 90 min. sales presentation can be a very "hard sell" type of deal (we had one that lasted 3 hrs. and couldn't "escape"). The various levels of sales people are on commission (and need the $)- so, if you the type to handle that (or buy), it's worth it. We are Marriott owners at two locations - they run classy operations & sell hard.

SJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the selection criteria is, but I have received this offer before. In 2015 I combined a Sabel Palms getaway with a similar promotional stay at Crystal Shores 4 nights at $199.00. The getaway was $250 or less I believe. Yes you give up 90 minutes, "and by the way my wife hates them" especially when you only have a few days. We vacationed on Marco Is. about 30 yrs. ago so this was just to good an opportunity to pass on. That said see below the sales representative that handle both (Mayflower 2016) promotions. Reach out and see what information she can provide.

Carole Hardaway

Marketing Executive

Marriott Vacation Club

50 South Forest Beach Dr.

Hilton Head Island, SC 29928

(843) 342-1447

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We've purchased several similar packages from Marriott (way back in the day) and they are legitimate - however, the 90 min. sales presentation can be a very "hard sell" type of deal (we had one that lasted 3 hrs. and couldn't "escape"). The various levels of sales people are on commission (and need the $)- so, if you the type to handle that (or buy), it's worth it. We are Marriott owners at two locations - they run classy operations & sell hard.
You're only obligated to 90 minutes. If held beyond your will, you should call 911 and tell them you're being falsely imprisoned. :eek:

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received a similar call a few weeks ago. Our destinations choices were different though. I wonder how often they change them.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
We took advantage of one of these sales promotional offers last June to visit Frenchman's Cove in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Because June is low season for them, they were even willing to extend our stay to six nights and upgrade us to a 2BR unit (for additional cost). It turned out to be a very affordable way to take a great vacation, and the sales presentation was not painful. Be aware that guests who are staying at the resort on a promotional package will almost always receive the worst units (no view, low floor, traffic noise, etc). We twisted every arm to get into a better unit with no luck. Still, it was wonderful vacation with many great memories.