• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Mountainside - June: Building/View Recommendation

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Hello Everyone,

We are travelling to Park City and booked into 2BR at the Marriott Mountainside for 4-Nights/5-Days.
This is part of an Encore-Package that we purchased last June when we were at Marriott Summit Watch.

Looking for recommendations on Building/View.

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is just one building, per-se. As to view, you want a high floor with either a ski slope or pool view. Except!!! these rooms will be very warm when the sun hits them in the afternoon so having the curtains open may be problematic (there is a/c here). Were it me, I would choose a high floor with a north view.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Hello Everyone,

We are travelling to Park City and booked into 2BR at the Marriott Mountainside for 4-Nights/5-Days.
This is part of an Encore-Package that we purchased last June when we were at Marriott Summit Watch.

Looking for recommendations on Building/View.
What do you enjoy as far as view, location, etc?

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've been going there for many years and I have the same two requirements. If you want a quiet room, request one that faces the back of the building into the hillside. Your view will be of a grassy hill between the resort and some houses on the other side of it. I've often seen deer and marmots hanging out while never hearing any car noise in my unit.

I always ask to be on the north end of the building in even numbered units as the odd units face the pool, the lower mountain area, the plaza and the driveway, all of which have varying levels of noise. Try to avoid units 20 or 22 on any floor as they have a service elevator between them which you can hear the sounds of in your unit.

I will be there also, June 17-July 1. I like going in June because everything is very green and not too dry as the snow has just melted. I also enjoy September there but it's a different experience because you've had the hot dry summer in between so the foliage is quite different, especially as the leaves start to change.

Last edited:

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm going to be at the Summit Watch for the first time the week before I arrive at Mountainside. Do you have any recommendations for quiet room there? I was going to tell them I wanted to face into the courtyard because that's got to be better than facing any direction that has cars!

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I've been going there for many years and I have the same two requirements. If you want a quiet room, request one that faces the back of the building into the hillside. Your view will be of a grassy hill between the resort and some houses on the other side of it. I've often seen deer and marmots hanging out while never hearing any car noise in my unit.

I always ask to be on the north end of the building in even numbered units as the odd units face the pool, the lower mountain area, the plaza and the driveway, all of which have varying levels of noise. Try to avoid units 20 or 22 on any floor as they have a service elevator between them which you can hear the sounds of in your unit.

I will be there also, June 17-July 1. I like going in June because everything is very green and not too dry as the snow has just melted. I also enjoy September there but it's a different experience because you've had the hot dry summer in between so the foliage is quite different, especially as the leaves start to change.
We will be there Jun-18 --> 22, so maybe we could clink a beer/wine. Thanks for the tips.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I'm going to be at the Summit Watch for the first time the week before I arrive at Mountainside. Do you have any recommendations for quiet room there? I was going to tell them I wanted to face into the courtyard because that's got to be better than facing any direction that has cars!
We were in Unit 5407/08 [Alpine-Building-#5] which was a High-Floor facing the street. However, since it was high-up we were not impacted by any street noise.
A couple of floors lower would be nice if you are a People-Watcher as it faces the ski-lift/shops & slopes.
The Building next to us [Wasatch-Building-#3 03/04 or 07/08 or 11/12] probably had a better direct view of the ski-lifts.

1651289687126.png

Last edited:

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in Unit 5407/08 [Alpine-Building-#5] which was a High-Floor facing the street. However, since it was high-up we were not impacted by any street noise.
A couple of floors lower would be nice if you are a People-Watcher as it faces the ski-lift/shops & slopes.
The Building next to us [Wasatch-Building-#3 03/04 or 07/08 or 11/12] probably had a better direct view of the ski-lifts.

View attachment 53430

Would Alpine be your choice for an early August trip?

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Would Alpine be your choice for an early August trip?
Depends on what you like.
We liked the mountain view.
Even in June the sunshine hit the windows directly and was warm. However, the AC's were working well.
The promenade in between the buildings was deserted and quiet due to COVID masking restrictions. May be different otherwise.
Did not experience the buildings on the other side which faces the main throughfare [Deer Valley Drive].

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you like.
We liked the mountain view.
Even in June the sunshine hit the windows directly and was warm. However, the AC's were working well.
The promenade in between the buildings was deserted and quiet due to COVID masking restrictions. May be different otherwise.
Did not experience the buildings on the other side which faces the main throughfare [Deer Valley Drive].
The promenade sounds nice. Thanks!

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We will be there Jun-18 --> 22, so maybe we could clink a beer/wine. Thanks for the tips.
One thing I forgot to mention about Mountainside is PCMR is going to be tearing down and replacing the Eagle lift in the base area this summer. They just got final approval from Park City and work will likely start shortly. That's extra incentive for me to get a room facing the back hillside as I will have the entire resort building between me and the noise.

Last edited:

ig88d

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Canyon Villas
this map was found on the mvc website. is there a map that more closely resembles the map posted above by MICROZE (showing unit numbers)

1651437038505.png

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
this map was found on the mvc website. is there a map that more closely resembles the map posted above by MICROZE (showing unit numbers)

View attachment 53562
The map posted earlier in this thread is for a different property in Park City, the Summit Watch. This map you posted of Marriott Mountainside shows the range of unit numbers in different sections. In general the even numbers are on the lower side of the building image and face into a hillside. The odd numbers face out towards the ski resort.