• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Marriott Harbor in Orlando] Ebay Purchase tonight - good deal or not

CarolRocks

Reaction score
Hello,

I am certainly a newbie and need expert advice. I already own at the Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando and was interested in purchasing a second timeshare for TRADING PURPOSES mainly. Tonight I was on EBAY and there was a 2 bedroom GOLD season for sale at the Marriott Harbor in Orlando. This unit has a lock-off which I found appealing. Anyway, I bid on it and was immediately the high bidder and won the auction a hour later. The final price as $2,025. I know nothing about the person selliing the seller nor whether I got a good deal. I should have done my research first. I would appreciate all feedback and advice ASAP. Thanks so much.:wall:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310153652836&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Carol - I don't know anything about this resort, but ebay TS auctions are not binding per ebay rules:

By participating, you are not entering into a contract to purchase this property. You are, however, expressing serious interest in the property and in pursuing contract discussions.

If you decide to bow out, you want to do it ASAP, before you send any money. Then I'd recommend that you do a lot of research before you bid again.

Good luck!

Last edited:

CarolRocks

Reaction score
Thanks. I fogot to mention that this price was for every other year use.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I've never owned a Marriott, but their maintenance fees seem to be on the high side to use just for trading. Personally, I'd look for a high demand week with a more reasonable annual cost. Maybe the lockoff feature makes up for that if both sides trade well.

Sheila

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a good seller. I have purchased several weeks from them and I would buy from them again. As far as the week and whether it was a good deal I would ask on the Marriott forum. They are typically more knowledgable about Mariott resorts than any here on TUG.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a general rule, I never recommend eBay for buyers unless they are VERY timeshare savvy!

That is a fair price for that ownership. Recent similar sales have been between $2500 to $3500.

Be aware, however, per my info- that unit is a standard two bedroom, not a lockout. (There are VERY few lockouts available at this resort via resale)...

This seller will use his own closing agent, Title Outlet. Be sure to insist on a copy of the deed and estoppels before sending in your funds to close- and verify with the front desk that the unit is indeed a lockout if that is important to you. This seller's inventory normally comes from PCC's, so mistakes often occur with the initial verification. Thomas has a good reputation for being fair when mistakes happen, however- so if it isn't a lockout as advertised- he should allow you to cancel.

If that feature isn't your main concern- I think you got a good value. Fees shown on the ad are correct, and that's a fair amount for Orlando.

There are a few other differences between this resort and your Grande Vista unit. The construction is a little different- so it won't be as sound proof as the Grande Vista. Also, most units don't have the big jacuzzi tubs- but just a standard tub. On the bright side- most clients I speak with who have kids prefer the themed pool at the Horizons over the Grande Vista.

Enjoy your purchase and good luck! If you decide not to complete this purchase and want a broker referral, I'll be happy to provide one.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think I would look at a Orlando ts for trading purposes only as you have a combination of high mf with lower trading power.