• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Aruba Surf Club Floating Week Question

MUliano12

Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering how hard it is to reserve a week if I was to purchase a floating week on redweek. We normally go away in May-June taking the kids out of school those useless last few weeks. It seems like the weeks are floating 18-50. Would it be hard to get say week 19 or week 20? Any information you guys could give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Hey all, I was wondering how hard it is to reserve a week if I was to purchase a floating week on redweek. We normally go away in May-June taking the kids out of school those useless last few weeks. It seems like the weeks are floating 18-50. Would it be hard to get say week 19 or week 20? Any information you guys could give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just book at 12 months out exactly and you will be fine with May and June. If you delay booking you won’t have your choice of checkin day or could get shut out of holidays like Memorial Day but at 12 months the day they release inventory for what you want you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUliano12

Reaction score
Also, are there any benefits I miss out on by buying a resale through redweek?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Also, are there any benefits I miss out on by buying a resale through redweek?

You miss out in the benefit of converting to Bonvoy points which is a horrible use of the week anyway, and you can not enroll in the Destination Club points program where you can exchange your week for points and go to other destinations in MVC. If you wanted to do that later on you can buy direct from MVC (for big bucks) and enroll your week if they offer that promotion. Otherwise it will not be enrolled in the club, but you can still exchange with Interval International by paying for your own personal account and exchange to lots of other places including MVC resorts. That’s what I do bc my weeks are all resale. You can still lock off your unit for a fee and get two weeks out of it -either for use or exchange.

To me resale is definitely worth the savings. And the Surf Club is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't own a Gold week there (recently bought a Platinum 3 BR) but if you go in May/June you should have no problems at 12 months out. Some of the other weeks in Platinum season and for that matter, some weeks in Gold season will be more difficult. IMO it's also a good time to trade in so another alternative is buying elsewhere and trading in with cheaper fees depending on your specifics. If you'll go every year, I'd just buy there but if you're thinking EOY or every 3rd or mostly exchanging, I feel it'd be a poor move other than for some very specific circumstances such as NO flexibility or the need for a 3 BR routinely and the situation of no flexibility or a 3 BR consistently probably precludes buying to exchange anyway though one can often get two 2BR instead (or other combinations). Not having th option of enrolling for a cheap price is important to some, not to others. You could still enroll, it's just that it's so expensive and only when there is a special. If you own and use it without exchanging you can forego the II account but if you plan to exchange at all you'll need an II account or have to look at non II options which are poor choices for routine exchanging in this situation IMO.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
As others have said, if you plan on going most years buying resale is a great option for a great resort! May and June reservations are fairly easy, and if you reserve at the 12 month mark at 9AM you should always get the arrival day of choice. Even months later there will still be plenty of options during that period, but I'd always recommend reserving at the first possible date and, if you need to change, pay the change fee (??$29 but it may have gone up); changes can be made for any available date by calling owner services.
Aruba is a wonderful vacation spot. Even as the kids get older, if you decide you can't take them out of school and want to go over the summer, you'll be able to reserve your choice of weeks as long as you do it 12 months out.