• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott and Aspen officially part ways (plus a Birch MF observation)

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Friend who owns in Evergreen passed this along to me:

December 8, 2005

The Evergreen BOD has just been informed that the Aspen BOD and Marriott were unable to come to an agreement for Marriott’s continuation as the management of their building after May 1st, 2006. They will remain a part of the HPUD and pay their share for the operation of the clubhouse, pool, grounds and shuttles but will be responsible for their own administration, front desk staff, maintenance, housekeeping and human resources.

Their decision, which did not come as a surprise, affects our budgeting and is reflected in the 2006 maintenance fee to a slight extent, as there are economies when all buildings have one management company.

Happy Holidays to each of You.
George Byers
Secretary, Treasurer Evergreen Association

So, as expected, off goes Aspen. It'll be interesting to see who ends up managing it.

The Evergreen BOD has also informed owners that bids have not yet come in yet on upgrades for the sprinkler/fire systems and the clubhouse refurb. I had thought the Birch increase might be due to either of those expenses, but if they're not in yet, that appears unlikely.

Still hoping to get a Birch breakdown in the near future.

Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited:

Topeka Tom

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is stuff going on. There is another thread on this general topic where I explain how Aspen building can be a winner.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Birch maint fee bills are in the mail. I received mine about a week ago, and enclosed is a newsletter explaining the Aspen issue, HPUD etc. Also included is a budget breakdown.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Can the HOA just make a decision to drop Marriott like that? Or were the owners all contacted and in agreement? The reason I ask is that BeachPlace is up for a renewal/negotiation of their 2006 contract with Marriott and hinted that Marriott may not get the contract renewed. I would like a vote on that - and don't trust the HOA to represent us properly as evidenced by their terrible control over maintenance costs over the last few years.

Brian

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As I predicted, it could and likely would happen. And that all 5 would not have to go the same route.