• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott 2021 MF's Discussion Thread

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I'm wondering if anyone has received the bill for the MF for Shadow Ridge Enclaves (or Villages). I've gone on-line and only see my DSV1 and DSV2 but not my Shadow Ridge.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
I'm wondering if anyone has received the bill for the MF for Shadow Ridge Enclaves (or Villages). I've gone on-line and only see my DSV1 and DSV2 but not my Shadow Ridge.

Nope. I own there and Barony and neither have posted. Very frustrating when other properties have been out for weeks.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
For my Grande Vista weeks, I find it interesting that the property tax on my Platinum 2BR went DOWN a few cents, (essentially 0%) but it went UP 17% on the Platinum 3BR.

2 Bedroom Grande Vista:
2020 Florida Club Fee $4.00
2021 Florida Club Fee $4.00
2020 Property Tax Fee $163.60
2021 Property Tax Fee $162.68

2020 Replacement Reserve $358.02
2021 Replacement Reserve $358.02
2020 Operating Fee $960.68
2021 Operating Fee $952.09
2020 Total $1486.30
2021 Total $1476.78

3 Bedroom Grande Vista:
2020 Florida Club Fee $4.00
2021 Florida Club Fee $4.00
2020 Property Tax Fee $186.18
2021 Property Tax Fee $218.04

2020 Replacement Reserve $472.38
2021 Replacement Reserve $472.38
2020 Operating Fee $1267.55
2021 Operating Fee $1256.20
2020 Total $1930.11
2021 Total $1950.62

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
Anyone receive MF bill for Barony?

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Anyone know when Canyon Villas plans on releasing this years MF's ? I haven't see it yet. :mad: Maybe they will be free this year? hahahahahaha

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never seen people more excited to receive their MF bill :LOL:
Yes, the later these arrive for me the better - January / February would be good

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I have never seen people more excited to receive their MF bill :LOL:
not gonna pay it yet, just want to know the damage. CV is the only one of mine not completed.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only received the Trust and Mountainside MF's so far, and am waiting for Ocean Pointe, Oceana Palms, Royal Palms, Canyon Villas, and Newport Coast. I'll be very disappointed and angry if any of them increase.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
I've only received the Trust and Mountainside MF's so far, and am waiting for Ocean Pointe, Oceana Palms, Royal Palms, Canyon Villas, and Newport Coast. I'll be very disappointed and angry if any of them increase.

Oceana Palms went up $17. I didn't get the statement yet to post it.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
As you can tell I'm doing some clean-up in the 2021 MF's sticky thread, have moved several discussion posts to this. I'm not all the way through yet, don't know if any of the missing MF's questioned here have been since posted in the sticky thread, but you can try checking your owner accounts to see if anything's posted there.

Sign in, click on "Maintenance Fee/Club Dues" under "Managing Your Ownership" in the column on the right, then "View e-Billing Invoices & Inserts" on the right below the picture on top. Click "View Statement" links for the invoices and "View Insert" links for the Operating Budget itemizations. I found mine there today.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@BluesWin! included this comment in the Harbour Club MF's post in the sticky thread, moving it here for discussion:

"The biggest issue I have with the 2021 fees is that in 2020, the Replacement Reserve was increased from $424 to $655 with the explanation that they would incur an unexpected cost to replace the emergency fire suppression system of approximately $443,000. This project was completed in 2020 and the Replacement Reserve was only decreased by $20 from $655 to $635.

In my view, this is excessive without additional explanation as to why the reserve was maintained at such a high level."

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, now I'm caught up. :)

Please consider helping out your fellow TUGgers by taking a look at the thread compilation in the first post in the sticky thread, and posting your resorts' MF's if they're not already posted. Thanks!

Foggy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you can tell I'm doing some clean-up in the 2021 MF's sticky thread, have moved several discussion posts to this. I'm not all the way through yet, don't know if any of the missing MF's questioned here have been since posted in the sticky thread, but you can try checking your owner accounts to see if anything's posted there.

Sign in, click on "Maintenance Fee/Club Dues" under "Managing Your Ownership" in the column on the right, then "View e-Billing Invoices & Inserts" on the right below the picture on top. Click "View Statement" links for the invoices and "View Insert" links for the Operating Budget itemizations. I found mine there today.
Using the same procedure, mine for Shadow Ridge were posted on 12/3 and were the same as last year.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Looks like Marriott's Willow Ridge 2 bedrooms are $1,299.67 this year.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
@BluesWin! included this comment in the Harbour Club MF's post in the sticky thread, moving it here for discussion:

"The biggest issue I have with the 2021 fees is that in 2020, the Replacement Reserve was increased from $424 to $655 with the explanation that they would incur an unexpected cost to replace the emergency fire suppression system of approximately $443,000. This project was completed in 2020 and the Replacement Reserve was only decreased by $20 from $655 to $635.

In my view, this is excessive without additional explanation as to why the reserve was maintained at such a high level."

I noticed over the years that MVC keeps excessively high cash reserve fees but, they also replaced virtually everything in their units in a 10 year rotation, keeping them fresh looking and well maintained. The rub is they seem to have a cozy relationship with their suppliers and pay top dollar for everything where the economy of scale should force prices down. However, I’m not privy to the deals and actual/true costs, so my observation may be way off.

The one thing I don’t like about MVC is the expenditures for the expansion of amenities, seemingly without owner input. For instance, those stupid huge TV’s at the pool. I go on vacation to relax, not watch the news channel by the pool. While in Vegas a couple of years ago they had FOX news on the big screen TV. I don’t care to be watching FOX, CNN, MSNBC or any other news outlet where the reporters do more yelling than reporting. It’s not relaxing. There’s also a lot of worthless art objects at Ocean Pointe, which might not be terribly expensive to maintain, but bring little enjoyment to the experience vs the cost of the pieces. any cost IMHO was more than I’d pay for those pieces, plus their placement is questionable for any beautification of the grounds. However, this is all in the eye of the beholder, but it appears as if MVC looks at owners as a cash cow to do what MVC wants to do VS what owners want done with their resort. After all, in the end owners have purchased the resort o e week at a time from MVC, as the management company they should work for us within limits necessary to maintain the Marriott name.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed over the years that MVC keeps excessively high cash reserve fees but, they also replaced virtually everything in their units in a 10 year rotation, keeping them fresh looking and well maintained. The rub is they seem to have a cozy relationship with their suppliers and pay top dollar for everything where the economy of scale should force prices down. However, I’m not privy to the deals and actual/true costs, so my observation may be way off.

The one thing I don’t like about MVC is the expenditures for the expansion of amenities, seemingly without owner input. For instance, those stupid huge TV’s at the pool. I go on vacation to relax, not watch the news channel by the pool. While in Vegas a couple of years ago they had FOX news on the big screen TV. I don’t care to be watching FOX, CNN, MSNBC or any other news outlet where the reporters do more yelling than reporting. It’s not relaxing. There’s also a lot of worthless art objects at Ocean Pointe, which might not be terribly expensive to maintain, but bring little enjoyment to the experience vs the cost of the pieces. any cost IMHO was more than I’d pay for those pieces, plus their placement is questionable for any beautification of the grounds. However, this is all in the eye of the beholder, but it appears as if MVC looks at owners as a cash cow to do what MVC wants to do VS what owners want done with their resort. After all, in the end owners have purchased the resort o e week at a time from MVC, as the management company they should work for us within limits necessary to maintain the Marriott name.
Reserve funding levels seem to vary considerably by resort.
At one of our home MVC resorts the Reserve has been underfunded, seemingly for many years.
As a result, a Special Assessment is needed for the next 4/5 years!

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Reserve funding levels seem to vary considerably by resort.
At one of our home MVC resorts the Reserve has been underfunded, seemingly for many years.
As a result, a Special Assessment is needed for the next 4/5 years!

What I’m looking at is the relative quality of MVC resorts in comparison to the other resorts I own plus those resorts refurbishment practices.

for instance, Willow Ridge in Branson has a MF north of $1,200 for a 2 bedroom. This is most likely the highest fee for this area. By comparison our French Quarter resort in Branson has a MF in the $700 range for the 2 bedroom unit. Marriott is by far the superior resort.

on the other hand a comparison of the resort we own in Breckenridge is comparable quality to the Marriott offering, and in many ways superior, with lower reserve funding. Same with the HGVC ownership in Vegas as compared to Grand Chateau, which we also own.

Don’t get me wrong, I pay the fees because I love the Marriott quality and I don’t complain a lot about them, but I do see areas of spending where I question the value to the majority of owners and feel that owners should have more say in what additional amenities are added.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I’m looking at is the relative quality of MVC resorts in comparison to the other resorts I own plus those resorts refurbishment practices.

for instance, Willow Ridge in Branson has a MF north of $1,200 for a 2 bedroom. This is most likely the highest fee for this area. By comparison our French Quarter resort in Branson has a MF in the $700 range for the 2 bedroom unit. Marriott is by far the superior resort.

on the other hand a comparison of the resort we own in Breckenridge is comparable quality to the Marriott offering, and in many ways superior, with lower reserve funding. Same with the HGVC ownership in Vegas as compared to Grand Chateau, which we also own.

Don’t get me wrong, I pay the fees because I love the Marriott quality and I don’t complain a lot about them, but I do see areas of spending where I question the value to the majority of owners and feel that owners should have more say in what additional amenities are added.
I too would not want to see expensive giants screens installed poolside and I agree that owners should have more say on what additional amenities are added.
As well as any individual owner input, this is / should be one of the key roles of the Owner Board.
Any decisions are unlikely to please all owners, but one would hope that they should meet the needs of most.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree that the number of pet projects at some resorts has gotten out of hand. I actually made a video about this when we were at Grande Vista earlier this year. Marriott management convinced the board they needed a "media wall". Yes that giant big screen. They also asked and got a towel folding machine. Great for efficiency, but when I challenged the BOD at the annual budget meeting if this would save labor costs, the answer was no. They just reallocate the employees to "other things". A HUGE expense was spent on tiling all the exterior hallways when I suspect there were much more affordable options that were just as durable.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every year I get the vote for the board letter at Grand Vista. I never know who to vote for. They should include some answers to basic questions in addition to their background.