• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maintenance Fees for Craigendarroch

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a bill for MFs for Craigendarroch? Unless I missed it, I've never received a bill via postal mail (the usual route). And my online HGVC account does not show any fees due. Are they simply that late in determining maint fees?

mrharris03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: SeaWorld II; Kings' Land; Craigendarroch Lodges x2; HCNY; Residences bHC
Vistana: WKORVN
DVC: AUL, VGF
Has anyone received a bill for MFs for Craigendarroch? Unless I missed it, I've never received a bill via postal mail (the usual route). And my online HGVC account does not show any fees due. Are they simply that late in determining maint fees?

I'm going to assume you're asking about the lodges; disregard if you're asking about the suites, as I don't own there. I got my MF bill on 2 lodge-weeks in early December. If you want to pay online, you should be able to see the total bill (but not its breakdown) and pay it via Flywire -- https://app.flywire.com/#/find-invoice/2C9555 The requested "Customer Name" is your surname; the "Customer Reference ID" is your contract number (the numbers following 201- on the HGVC website); and the bill number is 12022.

To the extent helpful, in my experience, paying via Flywire does not result in earning HH points if you are using a HH amex or in the charge being coded as travel if using a card that gives bonus points for travel. You can also call the finance office directly (+44 13397 55858) and pay over the phone (just need your surname, lodge number and week to do that); if you pay over the phone, it will code as a Hilton purchase.

Hope this helps!

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
We also received our Lodges MF bill in early December. I called their Finance Office to pay the bill and can confirm that it was billed as a Hilton purchase on our HH Amex and received the extra bonus points. There was also no extra fee billed just for using a card.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. The bill must have gotten lost in the mail.

I have my prior year mails, from which I can confirm my contract number the same as mrharris indicated. Thank you for the bill number. I've paid by flywire before, so that's enough information to pay it. I'm just reluctant to do so without an actual bill. I suppose I'll call the Finance Dept, which number is also on the old correspondence from the Craigendarroch Owners Club. Thanks again.

ETA - also curious that the HGVC web site is not showing a balance due.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the Finance office at Craigendarroch, and they have sent a copy of the invoice via email. Thanks.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
We just pre-paid our 2023 maintenance fees to take advantage of the current favorable pound-to-dollar exchange rate. New and interesting is this year when pre-paying the fees was that they are adding 15% to the 2022 rate (previously it was just the current year maintenance fee and the balance was then due when the new maintenance fee is determined). They indicated that if the total charged was more than the final 2023 fee, the difference will remain as a credit on our account. I am certainly hoping that the 2023 maintenance fee is not going up 15% as that would be the largest increase for this property since we bought it, but maybe they are taking into account a club/max fee increase (which would not necessarily apply to us as we have other HGVC properties). Used our Hilton Aspire Amex card and got an exchange rate of 1.068.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
We just pre-paid our 2023 maintenance fees to take advantage of the current favorable pound-to-dollar exchange rate. New and interesting is this year when pre-paying the fees was that they are adding 15% to the 2022 rate (previously it was just the current year maintenance fee and the balance was then due when the new maintenance fee is determined). They indicated that if the total charged was more than the final 2023 fee, the difference will remain as a credit on our account. I am certainly hoping that the 2023 maintenance fee is not going up 15% as that would be the largest increase for this property since we bought it, but maybe they are taking into account a club/max fee increase (which would not necessarily apply to us as we have other HGVC properties). Used our Hilton Aspire Amex card and got an exchange rate of 1.068.
I did the same. Even if it is carried over and the exchange rate goes up, we are still sitting good. Now, if the rate drops more then the move wasn't so good.