• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ July 2021 ] Luxury Affordable Timeshare Rentals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Morning! Trying to help my girlfriend find a HH week late August/ early Sept. and there’s a posting on Redweek for Barony. Has anyone heard of this company? Guys name is David Bier. I did a search but didn’t come up with anything. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Morning! Trying to help my girlfriend find a HH week late August/ early Sept. and there’s a posting on Redweek for Barony. Has anyone heard of this company? Guys name is David Bier. I did a search but didn’t come up with anything. Thanks!

Is it a Verified and Protected listing?

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
It’s not..

My opinion only....unless I have personal experience with a lister I go with the extra Redweek protection that Verified and Protected listings offer.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
I rarely verify my listings after 15 years of posting on redweek. I suggest to the interested party that we chat personally. Probably not the best but redweek only began to verify listing a few years ago. I have never had any difficulties. Sometimes the renter has even called the resort to check the reservation but of course with my permission.

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
I would only rent a verified or certified listing. A little bit of extra protection.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
Hi All

I guess everyone has opinions including people with no information whatsoever. Board President of Marriott's Grand Residence Club South Lake Tahoe Owners Association for about 15 years and on that Board for 20. Even a cursory search shows this on my LinkedIn profile, as does the fact I was an Executive, Bonded by my firms, fingerprinted by the FBI for the SEC, etc. at numerous large Wall St companies for a decade. I have MANY THOUSANDS of satisfied customers, if you had only asked for any of that I would have been happy to have provided, including most brokers active on RW. Why would you possibly think only verified listings are bonafide? Why would I pay the extra to list for those unnecessary services for at times hundreds of listings? For this reason most listings are NOT verified. You can check the rsv online, with the resort or with reservations for yourself. If I defrauded anyone EVER RW would close my account, as would Paypal if used for a transaction, and I have had an account with each for years. Use common sense. Talk to people. Assess for yourself. And don't comment if you don't have any info. Feel free to contact me. I don't bite. David Bier

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
I rarely verify my listings after 15 years of posting on redweek. I suggest to the interested party that we chat personally. Probably not the best but redweek only began to verify listing a few years ago. I have never had any difficulties. Sometimes the renter has even called the resort to check the reservation but of course with my permission.
Exactly, and thanks for corroborating others having an open mind and assessing for yourself rather than some didactic "I would pay a much higher price for a Verified or full service listing" attitude. I literally have rented the SAME EXACT UNIT to someone who asked me to rent something on RW, gave them the conf with their name added as guest for their independent verification, all my info which gives you from a simple Google search my previous employers, education, home address and value, etc., they ghost me for no apparent reason, then book with one of my brokers for at least $1000 more and get--you guessed it, the same confirmation # with the same guest added. Happened twice, but the really untrusting who do this kind of thing are completely illogical. Give people a chance and tell them your concerns and see if they can allay them.

Last edited:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Deleted my post.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Hi All

I guess everyone has opinions including people with no information whatsoever. Board President of Marriott's Grand Residence Club South Lake Tahoe Owners Association for about 15 years and on that Board for 20. Even a cursory search shows this on my LinkedIn profile, as does the fact I was an Executive, Bonded by my firms, fingerprinted by the FBI for the SEC, etc. at numerous large Wall St companies for a decade. I have MANY THOUSANDS of satisfied customers, if you had only asked for any of that I would have been happy to have provided, including most brokers active on RW. Why would you possibly think only verified listings are bonafide? Why would I pay the extra to list for those unnecessary services for at times hundreds of listings? For this reason most listings are NOT verified. You can check the rsv online, with the resort or with reservations for yourself. If I defrauded anyone EVER RW would close my account, as would Paypal if used for a transaction, and I have had an account with each for years. Use common sense. Talk to people. Assess for yourself. And don't comment if you don't have any info. Feel free to contact me. I don't bite. David Bier

I posted and deleted when I just read that you posted, I am surprised, borderline shocked that the OPs post wasn’t deleted because it listed a name. The point of how to best protect yourself when renting is a valid one. Listing a name when one did nothing wrong is not. With an email address which is required in Redweek and a name, 95 % of the time one can get a ton of info. one could actually reach out and get a number to talk. What a novel idea.

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
My apologies on this post. I certainly didn’t mean to offend or break any rules. I was just trying to help a nervous non time sharing girlfriend feel confident using Redweek.

I can’t remember if I had googled first. I did search Tug but that’s as far as I went. I don’t remember. This was quite a few months back. If a moderator could delete this post that would be great.

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
My apologies on this post. I certainly didn’t mean to offend or break any rules. I was just trying to help a nervous non time sharing girlfriend feel confident using Redweek.

I can’t remember if I had googled first. I did search Tug but that’s as far as I went. I don’t remember. This was quite a few months back. If a moderator could delete this post that would be great.

Lisa
I don't think you need to apologize for anything and think your questions is perfectly valid. You did not say anything negative about any one and there are post on here all the time asking for people experience dealing with different venders of all types.

I actually think the recent response on this thread was overly defensive and actually insulting to anyone who decided to use a another layer of protection when rent from someone they have not dealt with before.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
Lisa thanks for reconsidering. Imagine my surprise doing an internet search for myself on a lark and finding this thread. I get to defend my integrity, not that anyone even accused me of anything at all. If you all want to debate verified vs unverified please do it on a thread not about me.

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lisa
I don't think you need to apologize for anything and think your questions is perfectly valid. You did not say anything negative about any one and there are post on here all the time asking for people experience dealing with different venders of all types.

I actually think the recent response on this thread was overly defensive and actually insulting to anyone who decided to use a another layer of protection when rent from someone they have not dealt with before.

Thank you.. I appreciate your post. And agree.. I never started the verified and protected debate either. Never even mentioned it in my original post. Oh well… too much energy to fret over this.. and it was last summer. I’d delete the post but have no idea how. Or if it’s even possible.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @Lisa8192 @Marriott GRC owner @tatmtr7 & others.

I appreciate this thread for the overview of renting information I learned.
I have not rented yet , but I am considering doing so; because of a change to 1 in 4 on a RCI listed resort.

Thanks for adding to my knowledge

Frankdhiker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vail Streamside

My friend was searching for a bargain timeshare for two 24 year old girls and made literally last minute offers to several that David Bier had listed as “last minute bargains”. My friend rents habitually from Redweek at the posted prices. He bit her head off in a very bizarre, unprofessional, hostile manner. Once she explained and said she wouldn’t contact him again regarding renting a week, he said “GOOD! Mission accomplished”. I think the public and timeshare owners who list with him should be aware he is hurting THEM and ruining business for THEM.

And he’s a bit unhinged, as his response here indicates also….just a little more push and he’s going to go nuts on someone…..

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
Unhinged? The last line of each of my ads state in bold letters “NO REPLIES TO LOWBALLERS.” This person replied to numerous $5000+ ads in Hawaii over New Year’s Eve with $100 per night bids. I ignored the first couple then replied back “please read the last line of my ads and stop emailing me with ridiculous bids.” Is there an owner here who looks forward to these type of predators/opportunists? Of course not, they prey on you if you have no choice. Rather than leaving it at that this actually unhinged person wrote back crowing how they allegedly got some poor owner to do just that and justifying their ridiculous cheapness. I would never ask an owner to do this for me! They told me they’d never rent a unit of mine. Well that was the point of the “NO REPLIES to lowballers”—never to have to speak to someone like this who will never be a client of mine and not to waste my or their time. I have at least 10,000 happy returning clients. I don’t want this person as my client or people like them preying on owners. I want them to skip my ads. A fair price for a great unit. I am usually the lowest and that’s why dozens of brokers rent from me and ad their markup.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
Not a single place in my ads did I state these were last minute bargains. And if 24 year olds can’t pay the price to stay at the Taj Mahal it is not my job to pay for them. I stay only where I can afford ! See what any company says to you when you ask for that for $100 a night!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
My owners LOVE my service. I couldn’t help them with their units nor in any way would they be happy with it for $100 a night. You are doing no one any favors!

Last edited:

Frankdhiker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vail Streamside
Hmmmm. I asked her for proof of what you accused her of and she showed me the emails and you’re flat out lying.
And you’re even more extremely disrespectful and unprofessional than I originally thought.

If you’re so focused on clients how do you have time to rant in old forums?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Residence Club
Of course I will reply rather than leave a false impression. Right now, a lesser view than one of the listings your friend bid $100 a night for is on Marriott's website for $9573.01 with tax and my unit was listed at $1999. Another of them (I didn't keep all the emails for all the $100 bids received) was a 2BR unit where the price on Marriott's website for a ONE bedroom is $7588.49) and my price was $2999 and it rented moments later to someone who was quite happy and appreciative, and me to them in return. $2000, $3000, $5000, $7000. $9000. None are $700 and each asked in bold do not contact me for that kind of thing. Again, I am sure no owner wishes to rent such units for $100 a night. But argue all you want to the contrary. Indeed a waste of time, but you posted here about it.

Frankdhiker

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vail Streamside
Blah blah blah. More lies.

Seriously—you’re an unprofessional wacko.

Status
Not open for further replies.