• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lockoff how to question

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
We have an MKO 2BR LO. I never really have to care about locking it off until now that the children can't join us anymore because they are now adults :) .
I want to lockofff and use it 2 consecutive weeks, how do I go about it? I can't seem to find an option when I try to book it online.
Also, other than Interval, is there an internal exchange within MVC that I can join to exchange my week? For example use the half in Koolina and use other half in other Marriotts in Hawaii to get 2 weeks in Hawaii?
Any suggestions on how I can maximize the use of my lockoff? Thank you

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When you book online, you just change the Villa Portion drop down to select the size of unit you want to book first. Then when you have that reserved, you go back in and reserve the other side. From the drop down below, for a 2BR, you would pick either "Master Suite" or "Deluxe Guest Room" for your first reservation. It will ask you for payment information for the $90 fee if your week is not enrolled.
1662262199619.png

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
When you book online, you just change the Villa Portion drop down to select the size of unit you want to book first. Then when you have that reserved, you go back in and reserve the other side. From the drop down below, for a 2BR, you would pick either "Master Suite" or "Deluxe Guest Room" for your first reservation. It will ask you for payment information for the $90 fee if your week is not enrolled.
View attachment 64112
HAHA I will never get over the whole lockoff fee, that’s so “Marriott”

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Dioxide is correct above. But for high demand weeks, my practice is to reserve the entire unit (online), then call later to lock off. Sometime high demand weeks are all gone in a amtter of minutes. Just a precaution.

No, there is no internal Marriott exchange program for weeks. You can exchange your week for points (if enrolled) then exchange points in the DC.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
But for high demand weeks, my practice is to reserve the entire unit (online), then call later to lock off.
When doing this, one wants to select "Full Villa Lock Off" in the Villa Portion dropdown.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
View attachment 64112

Thank you!

What does "enrolled" week mean? What is the advantage of "enrolling" my week?
When I book and lockoff to use the 1 side first week, then have to wait to book the next week use the week after if I want 2 consecutive weeks?
For example I want Sept 10-24, 2023, I call Sept 10 midnight to book 1 side and then call Sept 17 midnight to book the use of other side?
If I want to use it a different week in my use year for example December 1, 2023, to call midnight Dec 1 for next year?

We also have a Vistana. May I just ask here if the same is true with Vistana?

Please and thank you!

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enrolled means part of Marriott destination club program (about to become abound).
If you buy an MVC week resale now you can’t enroll it without a significant points purchase.
If you bought MVC prior to 2010 you can enroll.
Enrolled weeks can be used at home resort, deposited into II for exchange or elected to points and the points used to book another MVC resort directly on MVC.
You can read more about the destination club in the pink stickies at top- 2nd section from the bottom.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you!

What does "enrolled" week mean? What is the advantage of "enrolling" my week?
When I book and lockoff to use the 1 side first week, then have to wait to book the next week use the week after if I want 2 consecutive weeks?
For example I want Sept 10-24, 2023, I call Sept 10 midnight to book 1 side and then call Sept 17 midnight to book the use of other side?
If I want to use it a different week in my use year for example December 1, 2023, to call midnight Dec 1 for next year?

We also have a Vistana. May I just ask here if the same is true with Vistana?

Please and thank you!
With Marriott, weeks based inventory is released at 9am on the inventory release date. Both online and over the phone. You can't call at midnight as Owner Services isn't open.

YOu need to use the "When Can I Call" tool on the MarriottVacationClub.com website. This is under the Resources Menu, then Helpful Tools. Inventory for Ko'Olina fo a 9/10/2023 checkin will be released on 9/8/2022 at 9:00am eastern time. You would then have to do the same for the second week by calling or booking online on the 15th.

The same is not true with Vistana. Vistana inventory is released each day one year in advance. So if you want to reserve for Sept 10th 2023, you would go online or call on September 10th 2022. Vistana does release their inventory at midnight. For Vistana, in many cases you would want to book online as availability may be gone by the time the phone lones open at Owner Services.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
With Marriott, weeks based inventory is released at 9am on the inventory release date. Both online and over the phone. You can't call at midnight as Owner Services isn't open.

YOu need to use the "When Can I Call" tool on the MarriottVacationClub.com website. This is under the Resources Menu, then Helpful Tools. Inventory for Ko'Olina fo a 9/10/2023 checkin will be released on 9/8/2022 at 9:00am eastern time. You would then have to do the same for the second week by calling or booking online on the 15th.

The same is not true with Vistana. Vistana inventory is released each day one year in advance. So if you want to reserve for Sept 10th 2023, you would go online or call on September 10th 2022. Vistana does release their inventory at midnight. For Vistana, in many cases you would want to book online as availability may be gone by the time the phone lones open at Owner Services.

So For Marriott I can book Sept 8 for Sept 2023 check in, not 12 months out? I always waited to book on line at midnight the day of check in like Sept 10 @ 12am

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So For Marriott I can book Sept 8 for Sept 2023 check in, not 12 months out? I always waited to book on line at midnight the day of check in like Sept 10 @ 12am
That's correct. Marriott releases inventory based on the first checkin day of an entire weekend. You don't need to wait until the 10th, you can do it on the 8th. September isn't high season in Hawaii and waiting till the 10th probably isn't an issue as there will probably still be availability when you go online or call. This is also why you would have been able to reserve online on the 10th at midnight, because inventory was actually released at 9am on the 8th.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
That's correct. Marriott releases inventory based on the first checkin day of an entire weekend. You don't need to wait until the 10th, you can do it on the 8th. September isn't high season in Hawaii and waiting till the 10th probably isn't an issue as there will probably still be availability when you go online or call. This is also why you would have been able to reserve online on the 10th at midnight, because inventory was actually released at 9am on the 8th.

Thank you so much I did not know this! I've always just been going September the whole time that is why I never had a problem booking. This is so good to know!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Enrolled means part of Marriott destination club program (about to become abound).
If you bought your MVC week resale you can’t enroll it without a significant points purchase.
If you bought from MVC
prior to 2010 you can enroll.
Enrolled weeks can be used at home resort, deposited into II for exchange or elected to points and the points used to book another MVC resort directly on MVC.
You can read more about the destination club in the pink stickies at top- 2nd section from the bottom.
This is incorrect.
If you bought prior to June 2010 you can enroll (for free) whether you bought from Marriott or not. I bought mine on ebay and enrolled it (at the time via encore, no free option then.)

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
This is very helpful . Thanks

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is incorrect.
If you bought prior to June 2010 you can enroll (for free) whether you bought from Marriott or not. I bought mine on ebay and enrolled it (at the time via encore, no free option then.)
Sorry yes fixed.

Last edited:

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
This is incorrect.

We bought in 2015. We always use our home resort and will continue to :cool: But this is a good info to those of us who's not aware

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
We bought in 2015. We always use our home resort and will continue to :cool: But this is a good info to those of us who's not aware
Gotcha. Just wanted to clarify this as there has been a lot of confusion despite over a dozen years passing. People still think that enrollment relates to developer vs. resale, as opposed to the date of purchase. This is most like driven by ales lies as have been documented here.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Just wanted to clarify this as there has been a lot of confusion despite over a dozen years passing. People still think that enrollment relates to developer vs. resale, as opposed to the date of purchase. This is most like driven by ales lies as have been documented here.
Mine was a typo/ not proof reading what I wrote/ typing too fast.
Thanks for clarifying.

Also- I don’t think it’s beer’s fault :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Mine was a typo/ not proof reading what I wrote/ typing too fast.
Thanks for clarifying.

Also- I don’t think it’s beer’s fault :ROFLMAO:
They got to be drinking something strong to spew out what they do!:p

rmclain73

TUG Member
Reaction score
When doing this, one wants to select "Full Villa Lock Off" in the Villa Portion dropdown.

In doing it this way will Marriott give you two reservation numbers? I want to do this for a high demand week then deposit both into interval.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV

I have to get back to this again I'm sorry. I am getting very confused. I want to book Home resort week for June 21, 2025. Do I book it on June 19 @ 9 am?. Thank you

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to get back to this again I'm sorry. I am getting very confused. I want to book Home resort week for June 21, 2025. Do I book it on June 19 @ 9 am?. Thank you
Since, you want to book your Home Resort week in the Vistana system , you can book online at 12:00 midnight Eastern time on 6/21/24. You should log on to Vistana around 11:50 p.m. on 6/20. (I live on the West Coast, so I would be able to book at 9:00 p.m. on 6/20.). Good luck! CJ

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Since, you want to book your Home Resort week in the Vistana system , you can book online at 12:00 midnight Eastern time on 6/21/24. You should log on to Vistana around 11:50 p.m. on 6/20. (I live on the West Coast, so I would be able to book at 9:00 p.m. on 6/20.). Good luck! CJ
Hi CJ, It's booking a Marriott home resort week

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi CJ, It's booking a Marriott home resort week
Hi heckp, got it! To double check the date that you can make your reservation, log into your MVC account and go to Resources, then helpful tools. Choose "When can I reserve". Choose your resort and you can then find the date you are able to book your desired check-in date. If you book online, you can book at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time. I just booked a week at Marriott's Grand Chateau on the 12th for 6/14/25. Since I'm on the West Coast, I logged in and booked at 6:00 a.m..

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Hi heckp, got it! To double check the date that you can make your reservation, log into your MVC account and go to Resources, then helpful tools. Choose "When can I reserve". Choose your resort and you can then find the date you are able to book your desired check-in date. If you book online, you can book at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time. I just booked a week at Marriott's Grand Chateau on the 12th for 6/14/25. Since I'm on the West Coast, I logged in and booked at 6:00 a.m..
By the way if I want to book for June 21, 2025 (Saturday) when do I book? I tried today at exactly 0900 am and that weekend has not been available. Am I too early or people are just much faster than I am? Thanks

UPDATE: (I can't delete this post) I called owner services and cleared my confusion. I should have done CJ instructions instead and I got my answer there too. Thanks. CJ did you book on the 13th instead of the 12th for 6/14/25?

Last edited:

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
By the way if I want to book for June 21, 2025 (Saturday) when do I book? I tried today at exactly 0900 am and that weekend has not been available. Am I too early or people are just much faster than I am? Thanks

UPDATE: (I can't delete this post) I called owner services and cleared my confusion. I should have done CJ instructions instead and I got my answer there too. Thanks. CJ did you book on the 13th instead of the 12th for 6/14/25?
Actually, I booked on the 13th. If this were a Vistana res. I would have booked on the 12th at 9:00p.m. PDT. (Sorry for the confusion on my part!) The first 2 times I looked at the booking calendar only the 15th(!) was shown as available!! Then on the 3rd try, the 14th showed up as available. Marriott's glitch... Maybe I was too early, but why did the 15th appear and not the 14th? I also had that same problem three years ago! I hope you were able to get your desired reservation! CJ

Last edited: