• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Living Stone/Water in Collingwood, all their outdoor pools are closed for the season

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
So they run all these promo's to come and stay there, but guess what. It's summer! What do you expect a family with children would like to do...go swimming right?!?!!? Anyways, I called and found out the both outdoor pools at Living Stone and the outdoor at the Living Water is undergoing maintenance and renovations and are closed for the season!!!!!! I am sooooo not happy right now. Just an FYI in case anyone was planning to go!!!! I am an owner at Living Stone and that does not make me happy. Has anyone gotten any compensation?

Last edited:

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Why would they wait until peak season to do maintenance and renovations? :doh: Sounds like there might be more to their story. Did you get any advance notice? I wonder if the resort advised RCI for folks exchanging in?

~Diane

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Possibly because the lake is warm enough for swimming now?

Georgian Bay doesn't really get warm until towards the end of the summer. It is huge body of water off Lake Huron. IMHO it doesn't get really warm enough to swim in at all -guess I'm spoiled by swimming in the Caribbean.

~Diane

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would they wait until peak season to do maintenance and renovations? :doh: Sounds like there might be more to their story. Did you get any advance notice? I wonder if the resort advised RCI for folks exchanging in?

~Diane
doubt!

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are so few timeshare resorts in Ontario, families who have booked into these resorts will certainly not be happy. I am not a fan of lake swimming, and Georgian Bay is downright cold to me. I would be furious is we had booked a stay there.

Dori

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
A scam or the other s word. Not sure why people think the beaches at Wasaga Beach are cold in the summer. Very shallow even makes it warm. Then when you get the days over a 30 cold is what one wants. I moved to just north of the equator to get away from extreme heat and smog.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
We are going there this afternoon.

Nobody told us anything about the pools being closed.

We booked through Interval as an exchange.

Received an email earlier in the week asking us to make an appointment to check in. I googled the sender and she is a sales representative. I emailed her back and told her I am not interested in buying anything, just coming for a nice holiday. She said this process is due to covid and have the lobby with less people at any given time. i booked a time, but when I get there I will just go to the front desk and try to check in without meeting this person.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We asked at the front desk and they said we can use the outdoor pool at their golf course up the road from resort. You have to book 1 hour time for use. Going tomorrow if the weather is sunny.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Went today to the Cranberry Golf Course and used their pool. You go to the club house and they direct you to the pool and even give you towels to use. We are going back tomorrow.

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went today to the Cranberry Golf Course and used their pool. You go to the club house and they direct you to the pool and even give you towels to use. We are going back tomorrow.
You're lucky the pool at the golf green was opened. When we were there in July the whole pool was empty, so I'm glad to hear it's up and running again!

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe they were having issues with the pool and had to drain and take care of it.