• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Limitless Vacations - Did we make a mistake?

Mamabear6

Reaction score
I stumbled on the TUG site while trying to find feedback on a Limitless Vacations package we purchased while at Vidanta Riviera Maya 2 weeks ago. We had a small points package with Bluegreen Timeshare (only owners for 6 months so we're very new to all this) that we sold to them to purchase this new package. I was concerned that is has been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten any password or site info to sign onto and browse the offerings. Reading through these posts, we may have made a grave lapse in judgment. I am past the 5 day rescind window that so many have eluded to, I'm not sure what to do. I went on to the Limitless Vacations website and submitted a question, telling them we were new and wondering where password info to their site was so we could get going.

Should I call my credit card company and stop the transaction? And then contact Bluegreen to let them know what we did and hopefully they could help? We have a phone conference tomorrow with lawyers from timeshare resale to finalize our Bluegreen timeshare sale.

Some posts actually had positive things to say about Limitless vacations, we really liked their offerings if they are legit. Can anyone offer advice?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes sadly, those "trade in" schemes are notoriously bad deals for owners.

doubt they did much of anything with your bluegreen ownership.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @Mamabear6
Welcome to TUG

The trade in was smoke and mirrors to get you to buy
1 )Tell timeshare resales you have decided to keep Blue Green & therefore won't be paying their fee

2) If you wish - call Vidanta Member Services to explain above.
[They won't care about cancelling the trade in ; and you are past the 5 day rescind date]

3) read TUG threads in Mexican forum & Blue Green forum

FYi - the word attorney in Mexico does not mean lawyer . Attorney is someone who represents someone in a transaction
(ie) anyone can be an attorney in Mexico. A Mexican lawyer has graduated from law school .

Dakine

Reaction score
In 2005 we fell for a vacation club and lost Over $6000 and never got anything in return. That’s when I discovered this site.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I stumbled on the TUG site while trying to find feedback on a Limitless Vacations package we purchased while at Vidanta Riviera Maya 2 weeks ago. We had a small points package with Bluegreen Timeshare (only owners for 6 months so we're very new to all this) that we sold to them to purchase this new package. I was concerned that is has been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten any password or site info to sign onto and browse the offerings. Reading through these posts, we may have made a grave lapse in judgment. I am past the 5 day rescind window that so many have eluded to, I'm not sure what to do. I went on to the Limitless Vacations website and submitted a question, telling them we were new and wondering where password info to their site was so we could get going.

Should I call my credit card company and stop the transaction? And then contact Bluegreen to let them know what we did and hopefully they could help? We have a phone conference tomorrow with lawyers from timeshare resale to finalize our Bluegreen timeshare sale.

Some posts actually had positive things to say about Limitless vacations, we really liked their offerings if they are legit. Can anyone offer advice?
You can try to dispute the charge to the credit card, but if the company has a contract with your signature, you may lose that dispute.

Birdcrazy03

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Liki Tiki

I am just wondering how this turned out for you? My daughter and I just purchased into the limitless vacations when we were at the Grand Mayan in Puerto Vallarta last month. Now I have TMR calling to get the $1879 for my timeshare trade-in. I want to get rid of my timeshare but after reading the threads on here it definitely sounds like that will not happen even if I pay them up front. At this point I am willing to keep it rather than pay to give it to TMR but my only fear is that Vidanta will come after me to get the equity credit back. Which as we all know was not really an equity credit. If you kept your membership with limitless vacations have you been happy with it?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I am just wondering how this turned out for you?
Good morning @Birdcrazy03 & welcome to TUG
@Mamabear6 has not return to TUG since March 2023. I believe you can sent a PM - Conversation by clicking on the blue user name.

My daughter and I just purchased into the limitless vacations when we were at the Grand Mayan in Puerto Vallarta last month. Now I have TMR calling to get the $1879 for my timeshare trade-in. I want to get rid of my timeshare but after reading the threads on here it definitely sounds like that will not happen even if I pay them up front. At this point I am willing to keep it rather than pay to give it to TMR
If you are willing to keep it - then tell that to TMR & do not pay them.

You can also contact Vidanta Member Services & advise them as well.
[ They do not care about the trade in as it was simply a way to remove an objection to your buying]

but my only fear is that Vidanta will come after me to get the equity credit back. Which as we all know was not really an equity credit. If you kept your membership with limitless vacations have you been happy with it.
1) Vida Sales wanted to sell you & did - using the trade in / equity credit ploy.
2 ) Don't fear - Vidanta will not do anything to change what you bought.
3 ) now learn how to use Limitless Vacations - an Arriva brand product that gives access to Vidanta Resorts.

Here is a link to another TUG thread on Limitless Vacations. However there is very little in it about usage
Limitless Vacations - Thread started 2021

@Birdcrazy03 - It would be great if you could add information on how to use and book through the program.

From what I understand :
1) It gives access to Vidanta Resorts (various brands) for a cost per week of a usage fee + a small booking fee ($99 ?)
2) It does not have a registered week
3) You need to have some flexibility of travel dates - since full Vidanta owners with registered weeks may have priority to book
peak season times.Peak season at Vidanta is Christmas to Easter / snowbird season (ie) you may not easily get Presidents Week.
4) Since Vidanta continues to build - you should not have a problem getting yearly access to vacation weeks.
Limitless Vacations / Arriva brand is designed to help keep vacationers in Vidanta suites year round.

Last edited:

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
IMPORTANT... DO NOT PAY ONE DIME TO THE RESALE COMPANY THAT VIDANTA HAS REFERRED YOU TO. It is 100% a scam. They did not take your Bluegreen membership in trade, they simply removed your objection.

If you pay the company to sell your Bluegreen condo, you will lose that money PLUS you will still own and be obligated to the Bluegreen membership.

You are lucky you found this site before you had a call with the resale 'attorneys', who by the way are not attorneys. They are old timeshare salesmen who kickback to Vidanta sales after scamming you.