• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Latest sales presentation pitches

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
We are heading out on several trips (one being an encore package) - just curious what the latest purchasing offers/pricing is looking like.
Heading to Marriott Frenchman Cove end of Nov-
Westin St John -Dec
Hilton Head in Jan (4 nights-5 days encore package)
Westin Nanea in May
Really not planning to attend the sales pitch except for HH have to., but always like hearing what is being offered at what prices

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past year, we've done 5 or 6 presentations. Club Points have ranged from 500 to 900 and Bonvoy points have ranged from 25,000 to 50,000. Cash incentives have ranged from $100 to $300. The amount tends to be very resort specific. We've not been to any on your list, so not able to provide any resort specific information for you.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Chairman and their ultimate offer was a hybrid offer. I recently added 1750 Destination Points, so, as a result they didn’t have to offer me as many points as the legacy week contained . This drove the per point down under $8 per point and kept the maintenance fees down. We said no, but signed up for another Encore package back in Las Vegas. By doing this, I was eligible for the new Amex Card with some nice point bonuses when I spend $6000 in the first six months. I spent about $5000 in month one, so I have picked up close to 90,000 Bonvoy points already!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
In the past year, we've done 5 or 6 presentations. Club Points have ranged from 500 to 900 and Bonvoy points have ranged from 25,000 to 50,000. Cash incentives have ranged from $100 to $300. The amount tends to be very resort specific. We've not been to any on your list, so not able to provide any resort specific information for you.
What are the resorts giving 500 to 900 Destination Points? Here at MKO they are only offering 350 points.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
What are the resorts giving 500 to 900 Destination Points? Here at MKO they are only offering 350 points.

Yes....
I too, highly doubt the "usual" gift of 500-900 DC Points.....typically it's 200-350 tops.
I'm Chairman and usually get the better offers, but 500-900 has never been in the equation.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We did a presentation at BeachPlace Towers earlier this week…the choices were a $300 American Express gift card…or 400 Abound Points..or 47,500 Bonvoy Points…we opted for the Bonvoy Points

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We recently did one at Manor Club. $350 or 600 DPs. Can't remember how many Bonvoy points.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boston Custom House was 900 in June, Aruba Surf Club was 750 in August and Maui Ocean Club was 500 in September.

2boysmom

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding of the original question is what pricing/offers to purchase points is currently being presented not what the incentive is to attend the presentation.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
My understanding of the original question is what pricing/offers to purchase points is currently being presented not what the incentive is to attend the presentation.
$16.40 is the current rack rate, then discounted, I believe, by 5% for 1000 points, 10% for 2000 points, 15% for 3000 and 20% for 4000 points. Usual incentive is 2X purchase point quantity in Plus Points (sometimes 3X).

They will pitch a hybrid offer (enrolled week and points) if you ask them.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Boston Custom House was 900 in June, Aruba Surf Club was 750 in August and Maui Ocean Club was 500 in September.

OK, wow........I'll be going to Boston in 2023, so I'll see. Those DC points incentive will no doubt be useful......
I can think of a couple of places in off-season where you can spend the better part of a week for that total.

Foggy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our offer was 1,000 pts for $15,500 with a bonus of 2,000 for next year. This was after I'd inquired about their Buy Back program as we will probably be liquidating our holdings in a couple years when I pass 90..hopefully.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
I am Chairman and their ultimate offer was a hybrid offer. I recently added 1750 Destination Points, so, as a result they didn’t have to offer me as many points as the legacy week contained . This drove the per point down under $8 per point and kept the maintenance fees down. We said no, but signed up for another Encore package back in Las Vegas. By doing this, I was eligible for the new Amex Card with some nice point bonuses when I spend $6000 in the first six months. I spent about $5000 in month one, so I have picked up close to 90,000 Bonvoy points already!
Why would you have to buy an encore for the Amex card? It’s on the Bonvoy website. We got more pts from the website than at the presentation when they offered it

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
We were offered 650 vacation club points at Timber Lodge two weeks ago, even though we had already been to a Westin/Sheraton details update at Waikoloa a month before. Don't remember the amounts of the other offers. We don't need more points but my husband could not resist trying to balance everything out for the kids to eventually use. We could always rent points if we ever needed more for less than buying, so I am never going to another presentation again! (I have said that before, but this time I REALLY mean it!)

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
that is a great price! We are going to Hilton Head on Encore package and are considering buying some more points- so really trying to get a feel for what the best pricing is to look for. the AMEX is great we try and use that for all villa related fees-expenses to get the extra points. Thank you for sharing

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020

we usually get offered 300 DP- -we did an encore package- and they are giving us 1800 Destination points- and the 5 day-4 night stay in Hilton Head - believe we paid $1500 for it (we were like okay that is about what MF costs for that many points- plus the trip in it was worth it)

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
yes that was what i was trying to find out- what are the sales pitches- for purchasing points.

nomadguy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Grande Vista
Desert Springs Villas II
OceanWatch
MVC Trust Points (82 Shares)
I attended a presentation today at Manor Club and the pitch for 1000 DPs was $15,580. I was told that they have another price increase coming in three and a half weeks, so around December 1st, and that the sales agents believed it would increase to about $18 per point. I don't really believe it will jump that drastically, but they emphasized it multiple times as a tool to try to get me to commit to buying today.

The big push for Chairman owners was buying at least 1000 points to be given a DV-12 code that allows you to call Interval and use DPs to book into 399 curated resorts that MVC deems to be of Marriott quality or higher. I saw the list of resorts and they are beautiful properties, including all the new Hyatt properties. I was told that only Chairman level owners would be able to enroll in this program for the next six months, then sometime next year other levels of owners would be able to. Has anyone heard this pitch recently?

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
I attended a presentation today at Manor Club and the pitch for 1000 DPs was $15,580. I was told that they have another price increase coming in three and a half weeks, so around December 1st, and that the sales agents believed it would increase to about $18 per point. I don't really believe it will jump that drastically, but they emphasized it multiple times as a tool to try to get me to commit to buying today.

The big push for Chairman owners was buying at least 1000 points to be given a DV-12 code that allows you to call Interval and use DPs to book into 399 curated resorts that MVC deems to be of Marriott quality or higher. I saw the list of resorts and they are beautiful properties, including all the new Hyatt properties. I was told that only Chairman level owners would be able to enroll in this program for the next six months, then sometime next year other levels of owners would be able to. Has anyone heard this pitch recently?

So typical - Interval Marriott Desk knows nothing of this deal, even after checking. It's probably something just cooked up by a sales guy.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
So typical - Interval Marriott Desk knows nothing of this deal, even after checking. It's probably something just cooked up by a sales guy.
It’s MVC Sales shorthand….
DV-12 Code = Desperate Variant #12

nomadguy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Grande Vista
Desert Springs Villas II
OceanWatch
MVC Trust Points (82 Shares)

That's what I was thinking, and wouldn't commit to buying any additional points. I appreciate your checking with Interval, I hadn't yet. The Manor Club sales office did have a very nice catalog of the 399 properties printed up, which lent some credibility to their pitch, although I figured it's just a catalog of some of the best II properties available to exchange to. The ability to use DPs was the part that caught my interest, but I wanted to check it out since sales agents are notoriously untruthful. Thanks!