• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

King's Creek Plantation and paying maintenance fees

coachb

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

I'm wondering if any other owners at KCP have had similar experiences in paying their maintenance fees. Last year it took me HOURS to get a bill and then be able to pay for my cottage. Previously, you could go to the KCP website and pay after logging in as an owner. Or, you'd get a bill in the mail and pay it that way. Starting last year, you were directed to Equiant. The problem is Equiant doesn't have a bill for the next year. When you speak to KCP they refer you to Equiant. When you speak to Equiant, they indicate they don't have a bill from KCP. It's maddening as you go back and forth. If my memory is correct, after several attempts last year, I spoke to a rep at Equiant that gave me an "estimate" on my bill so I could then book my vacation. Making it even more challenging, when you go to my.equiant.com, there is a zero balance and no credit card option to pay if there was a balance. So, unable to solve the problem yourself online, you are forced into voicemail purgatory.
This seems to have occurred around the time of Spinnaker taking ownership of the resort. It's a horrible look for the resort. I'm wasting valuable hours at work trying to spend money and can't do so. It's not user friendly and, frankly, awful from a customer service perspective. If anyone has had a better experience or has a solution, please share.

TIA,

CoachB

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
@wackymother just reserved her 2024 weeks a couple months ago and can give you some insight on recent.

Mine is EYO, so last I booked was 2023. I called KCP member services on 6/30 to lock off my unit and make July 4th 2023 reservations. They had me pay via equiant an estiamted amount since billing not out yet, looking at my emails I did that and then on 7/1 I called back and made the reservations. I don't recall any issues making the payment on 6/30 with Equiant. I just input the amount asked for here once I logged in:

Side note: I never received billing for the difference once the 2023 MF cost came out, apparently in the switch they input a wrong zip code for me. I didn't remember to even look for the increase (once ever 2 year payment) until I got a call from a collections agency for it! Long story short, they pulled it from collection, I paid right away and it never impacted my credit. So, if you prepay, good idea to put on your calendar to check the remaining amount. I was shocked they sent to collection without even a phone call.

Last edited:

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this as I will be up for my bill next year.

Did they let you lock off the unit and reserve on the promise you would pay or did you have to call back after paying? Was the resort able to verify you paid right away?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Did they let you lock off the unit and reserve on the promise you would pay or did you have to call back after paying? Was the resort able to verify you paid right away?

I know you can't book until you pay. Looking through my emails it appears I paid on 6/30 and received my reservation confirmations on 7/1. If I recall correctly, I think it took the day to process sthe payment and then I could book.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This year I think I paid pretty early in the year, like March, and then reserved on June 29. @coachb

I just looked at it. I paid through the website. It lets you enter an amount. In the past I've manually entered whatever I paid the previous year. Are you able to get to that screen?

Last edited:

coachb

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I can't get to that screen (to enter an estimate). Also, I'm assuming you are referring to the my.equiant.com website and not KCP.

TIA, CoachB

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I can't get to that screen (to enter an estimate). Also, I'm assuming you are referring to the my.equiant.com website and not KCP.

TIA, CoachB
Yes, I go to kingscreekplantation.com, then click on Owners Login. Then, after I've logged in, I click on my.equiant.com there, from the KCP page. That takes me to Equiant. I log in at Equiant. Then click on my account number. That takes me to my account, which has a credit right now. Then click on Make a Payment and on the drop-down menu, I click Payment, then on the next page, Maintenance.

Where are you getting hung up? Are you going directly to Equiant? Or starting at the KCP page?

coachb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I got it this time. Thank you for your help. I put in a estimated amount. Hopefully, that's all I need to do to book Summer 24.

I really appreciate the help.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I got it this time. Thank you for your help. I put in a estimated amount. Hopefully, that's all I need to do to book Summer 24.

I really appreciate the help.
Excellent! It's annoying they couldn't help you, but I'm glad you got it settled.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score

No, you have to pay in advance. Then you can call back on the day you want to reserve for the following year--that is, you would call on July 1, 2023, for a reservation starting on July 1, 2024. I usually pay maintenance in March or April so I don't have to think about it too hard in the summer.