• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai Recommendation

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Planning a trip to Kauai next summer. Anyone have a recommendation for the best Wyndham property on the island? Would prefer something with an ocean view and close to a beach. Just hubby and me so a 1 BR would be fine.

Thanks in advance!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Planning a trip to Kauai next summer. Anyone have a recommendation for the best Wyndham property on the island? Would prefer something with an ocean view and close to a beach. Just hubby and me so a 1 BR would be fine.

Thanks in advance!
My favorite for a beach is Kauai Coast at the Beach Boy, oceanfront units. There are 1 and 2 bedrooms that are oceanfront. It's not a Marriott (Waiohai is very nice!), but Kauai Coast is gorgeous and in a terrific location and right on a beautiful beach.

With all of that being said, it's a booger to rent because people don't know about it. I have had an ad on RW, TUG and go-koala.com for months for a week that I have to cancel with huge penalties by 15 days out, or I lose 100% of the points. As it is now, I am losing 20% of the points. It's a Shell resort. I have to cancel today because it's 6/15.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Wyndham and close to beach are mutually exclusive terms on Kauai.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Wyndham and close to beach are mutually exclusive terms on Kauai.
Aloha,
Kauai Beach Villas (KBV) is managed by Wyndham and has serious long term problems that are discussed extensively in https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/kauai-beach-villas-ioa-public-square.61/
That said, KBV is centrally located and on the beach ( https://www.google.com/maps/@22.0106202,-159.3391246,294m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu ) and should remain in operation through 2025 if not longer. Exchangers are extremely unlikely to get ocean front (or view). Current owners, myself included, are very unhappy with the situation, but other than warning anyone thinking of taking ownership of a week the situation should not impact exchangers looking for a Wyndham week.
Jack

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Aloha,
Kauai Beach Villas (KBV) is managed by Wyndham and has serious long term problems that are discussed extensively in https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/kauai-beach-villas-ioa-public-square.61/
That said, KBV is centrally located and on the beach ( https://www.google.com/maps/@22.0106202,-159.3391246,294m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu ) and should remain in operation through 2025 if not longer. Exchangers are extremely unlikely to get ocean front (or view). Current owners, myself included, are very unhappy with the situation, but other than warning anyone thinking of taking ownership of a week the situation should not impact exchangers looking for a Wyndham week.
Jack
20191130_124343.jpg

Do you still get to use the pool at the resort next door when staying at KBV? It's really nice.

The long driveway leading into the resort is a beautiful tunnel of trees. DH said he wasn't that impressed with the Tunnel of Trees you pay to do after staying at KBV.

KBV is more centrally located to do things while staying on Kauai. There's a Costco in Lihue. Get gas there. We bought our Kauai Estate coffee, various macadamia and coconut candies there. They also had some really good fresh poke bowls too.

The resorts in Princeville to the north are nice but if you plan on doing a lot of stuff around the island that drive south gets old real fast. You'll get to experience the KaPa'a crawl. At busy times the traffic going south through KaPa'a slows to a crawl and there's no other road you can take to avoid it. Plan on that stretch taking you an extra 10-20 minutes. That might be a little too optimistic so maybe 15-30? We haven't been there since 2019.

The picture of the Sleeping Giant was taken at KBV and enlarged to show it better.

Last edited:

thestinkys

Reaction score
Aloha,
Jack
Hello, a few days ago I was in contact with a fidelity for a resale ownership at KBV. I thought it was a great purchase however I just found the forum discussing the changes or the drama of KBV. I have not signed anything yet just provided my name, address and email. Before I move forward, is this not a good idea because of everything going on? Thank you!

jlg49k8u

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VZUv!KKS9t9q7q
Who knows anything about building G and H's shutdown at KBV? They don't answer emails. The sites they direct you to don't exist and the front desk doesn't know anything. Now how is that possible? I have owned two weeks in building G for 24 years. Beware of ownership...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Who knows anything about building G and H's shutdown at KBV? They don't answer emails. The sites they direct you to don't exist and the front desk doesn't know anything. Now how is that possible? I have owned two weeks in building G for 24 years. Beware of ownership...
We have a whole forum on this topic: https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/kauai-beach-villas-ioa-public-square.61/

Most people feel that the resort is going to close down, because the necessary repairs are estimated to be over $56 Million. However, there is a pending lawsuit from the full-time owners that is holding things up.

The resort doesn't respond, because they don't want to discuss the demise of the resort and everything that led up to it.

If you want to make a reservation - use this email and ask whether you can reserve G or H. The last I heard, you couldn't, but F is open: vipservices@wyn.com

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who knows anything about building G and H's shutdown at KBV?
G and H are still closed, as far as I know. As Denise mentions, F is still available, and classified as Ocean View, so you can book there. I think it is also possible to book in one of the other buildings given the circumstances, but that's a corresponding downgrade in location.

The smaller special assessment intended to get G and H back to a state where they can be occupied only generated about 45% or so of what they needed to proceed, so nothing is going forward right this second. I doubt that anything happens with G and H until and unless we have the vote on continuing, and my bet is that they never re-open.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Here's a video by @Clifbell of the Kauai Coast at the Beachboy:

The waves are strong at the beach there, but it's a good resort if you like to lounge next to the water because there's a lot of shade.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Such a beautiful resort. It is expensive to book with Shell, but not compared to any Hawaii maintenance fee. I think Wyndham would be cheaper to book it.