• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this true? Heard at a sales update Club Wyndham is allowing one nite stays again.

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Went to a sales update and was told the Club Wyndham is going to have one nite stays available again. I have not seen anything announcing this, but it would be great like in the old days as we would travel north or south and plan on staying at the resorts along our rout.
more sales puffing is that Club Wyndham is going to allow check-in with room selection 24 hours before you arrive at the resort, you get to select from the available suites and check-in and have that room when you get to the resort.
There is no hard facts to this, but if true the club is giving back what they took away during COVID with the one nite stay and giving a perk with the 24 hour check-in.

has anyone herd this same story and is it verifiable?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The housekeeping is going to be the issue, if this is the case. I doubt it is true. Two-three days minimum is not a bad deal.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know why anyone really asks for validation of most anything heard in a sales presentation. The reality is that room assignments are far too fluid for anything like this to ever work. Someone checks in and there is a problem with their room. Now they have to move them to a room you were going to check into later and you are going to have to be moved to somewhere else. One move can impact several rooms.

As for one night stays, benefits lost are usually rarely returned. Just take anything unverifiable as a sales lie.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the salesman's lips were moving...

Don40

TUG Member
Reaction score
The housekeeping is going to be the issue, if this is the case. I doubt it is true. Two-three days minimum is not a bad deal.
I truly miss the one nite stays, we have unlimited housekeeping so not an issue there. The excuse for taking the benefit was COVID now that is almost 4 years ago. Worldmark, gave back the benefit was hoping same for Wyndham. the 2 nite stay is too long in places like Edisto where not much to do, plus the kids have limited vacation time.
Just wishful thinking on my end.

Don40

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the salesman's lips were moving...
I agree they lie all the time, but sometimes there are half truths, especially when you did not ask for that info.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Pure puffery!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
At the Annual Owners Meeting in Orlando on June 5th this was brought up. There are no plans to bring them back. It was made quite clear that it's not even under consideration and that ship has sailed.

In talking to other owners one suggestion I really liked was making it a VIP benefit. Maybe like 1 to 4 times a year based on the VIP level. Or just 2 regardless of the VIP level.. Owner reservations only, no guest confirmations allowed. Also only for stays within 14 days of the check in date.

DRIless

Reaction score
I truly miss the one nite stays, we have unlimited housekeeping so not an issue there. The excuse for taking the benefit was COVID now that is almost 4 years ago. Worldmark, gave back the benefit was hoping same for Wyndham. the 2 nite stay is too long in places like Edisto where not much to do, plus the kids have limited vacation time.
OMG, Edisto Island is a relaxed BEACH VACATION. It's the beach, I could stay there all summer!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
My salesman said that if I join VIP, it will be just in time for their new butler service, which goes live the very day of my next vacation. Is it true?
I don't care who you are, that right there's funny! (Hat tip to Larry The Cable Guy)

Zekes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Spinnaker
tough enough getting a weekend in express period. this would make it even more difficult. check in at 4; check out at 10. get a hotel room.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
tough enough getting a weekend in express period. this would make it even more difficult. check in at 4; check out at 10. get a hotel room.

Worldmark allows 1 night stays, EXCEPT on Fri/Sat for this exact reason

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
At the Annual Owners Meeting in Orlando on June 5th this was brought up. There are no plans to bring them back. It was made quite clear that it's not even under consideration and that ship has sailed.

In talking to other owners one suggestion I really liked was making it a VIP benefit. Maybe like 1 to 4 times a year based on the VIP level. Or just 2 regardless of the VIP level.. Owner reservations only, no guest confirmations allowed. Also only for stays within 14 days of the check in date.
This is a good idea - glad it was being discussed at the owner's meeting - were any Wyndham VIPs in on these convos there by chance? If not, perhaps @Richelle and I can float this to Annie.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Worldmark had to bring it back - it's in their founding trust documents as a listed benefit for the entire program itself - so there wasn't any choice. The only way it could be removed is if a majority of the Worldmark ownership voted to remove it as a listed benefit - which wasn't going to happen. It's not however, listed in any Club Wyndham founding trust documents in comparison, so Wyndham isn't obligated to do so legally.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
My salesman said that if I join VIP, it will be just in time for their new butler service, which goes live the very day of my next vacation. Is it true?
Last time I checked, only PR owners sorta had this as an option at one time in the past, and IIRC it's not even an option for the PR owners any longer post-COVID. Perhaps a PR owner can validate here for us.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
This one nite stay benefit was taken away prior to Covid. This was lost even prior to the developer and resale contracts point split

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really it seems longer than that lol. Thanks for the correct info.

Now that I’m thinking about it the benefit that went first was you could cancel up to the day of check in and still get your points returned.

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
Worldmark had to bring it back - it's in their founding trust documents as a listed benefit for the entire program itself - so there wasn't any choice. The only way it could be removed is if a majority of the Worldmark ownership voted to remove it as a listed benefit - which wasn't going to happen. It's not however, listed in any Club Wyndham founding trust documents in comparison, so Wyndham isn't obligated to do so legally.
I still include it in any survey's I do.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I booked two nights because we needed one night. I called in to say that we wouldn't be checking in until the next day. I was asked as to what time we would be arriving and that check-in was at 4PM. Excuse me?? Check-in was the day before.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I booked two nights because we needed one night. I called in to say that we wouldn't be checking in until the next day. I was asked as to what time we would be arriving and that check-in was at 4PM. Excuse me?? Check-in was the day before.
What did the person at the resort say when you told him/her that?