• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there a TUG thread for non-deeded points program?

suraimcfly

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to TUG. We're shopping for a non-deeded points program that can be cancelled and does not have to be "resold." RCI pure points may be an example but I'm not sure and overwhelmed with info. Is Club Wydham also non-deeded?

Seeking list/summary of non-deeded points program. Can someone help or point me to a TUG page?

Thank you!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham has a Club within a Club called Club Wyndham Access that is not deeded. Worldmark is also a pure points play (they call them credits) that is non deeded.

But you cant just "cancel" you can sell your membership, or you can default (not without consequences) or you can take advantage of a Wyndham program called "Ovation" and Wyndham will agree to take it back, But you cant just walk away

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
RCI and some Wyndham ownerships have underlying deeds.

I don't know of any timeshare purchase that can be unilaterally "cancelled" - it has to be sold or given away, with a legal transfer of the ownership.

Ty1on

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to TUG. We're shopping for a non-deeded points program that can be cancelled and does not have to be "resold." RCI pure points may be an example but I'm not sure and overwhelmed with info. Is Club Wydham also non-deeded?

Seeking list/summary of non-deeded points program. Can someone help or point me to a TUG page?

Thank you!

Most all timeshare programs, even the non-deeded flavors, carry an ongoing obligation. You might take a look at WinPointVIP, which allows you to buy in up front, only pay for the points you use, and walk away any time (As I understand it).

The best way to use timeshare without continuing obligation is simply to rent from owners, in my opinion.

suraimcfly

Reaction score
Thank you! I will take a look at winpointVIP.
There is a RCI Pure Points program for sale through several brokers that claim you can cancel with a 30 day notice in writing. They claim this is a new product backed by RCI and is the "next generation" in timeshares.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
perhaps you meant to purchase an Right to Use (RTU) timeshare interval that has a finite lifespan?

this is common with mexican resorts (and disney for example)...is that what you meant?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Thank you! I will take a look at winpointVIP.
There is a RCI Pure Points program for sale through several brokers that claim you can cancel with a 30 day notice in writing. They claim this is a new product backed by RCI and is the "next generation" in timeshares.

Please post a link to one of these Ads.

RCI doesn't sell timeshares - it's an exchange company. You can enroll your timeshare in RCI for a hefty fee, or buy a deeded timeshare that is already enrolled, so I'm skeptical that RCI is actually sponsoring this.

It's more likely a vacation club type membership, in which you have access to RCI resorts, but you don't own anything. I haven't seen a vacation club yet, that I would consider joining. There have been many in and out of business.

Last edited:

suraimcfly

Reaction score
Here's another site selling RCI pure points: [see 2nd paragraph]

http://www.alltimeshare.com/rcipoints.html
There are two RCI Points programs:

1. The same type of RCI points owners have who bought a timeshare from a resort. This is the type where you own a timeshare and you have all the costs such as maintnence fees, taxes, special assessments. has an annual maintenance fee.

The other type is the one we recommend called the RCI Points Access program. Also known as RCI pure points,you actually have better and unlimited access to RCI Points, with none of the negatives of type one above.

Use your Points for Hotels, Car Rental, Cruises, Airlines, Entertainment and more! RCI Points Partners allow you to use your points for non-accommodation needs. With over 48,000 hotels worldwide, most major airlines, several leading car rental companies, family theme parks like Disney World and Universal Orlando, Golf clinics and all major Cruise Lines, RCI Points can save you even more money. These outside providers are called RCI Points Partners.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They aren't selling them - you won't own them. Basically, you will have access to them through a club.

Ty1on

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's another site selling RCI pure points: [see 2nd paragraph]

http://www.alltimeshare.com/rcipoints.html
There are two RCI Points programs:

1. The same type of RCI points owners have who bought a timeshare from a resort. This is the type where you own a timeshare and you have all the costs such as maintnence fees, taxes, special assessments. has an annual maintenance fee.

The other type is the one we recommend called the RCI Points Access program. Also known as RCI pure points,you actually have better and unlimited access to RCI Points, with none of the negatives of type one above.

Use your Points for Hotels, Car Rental, Cruises, Airlines, Entertainment and more! RCI Points Partners allow you to use your points for non-accommodation needs. With over 48,000 hotels worldwide, most major airlines, several leading car rental companies, family theme parks like Disney World and Universal Orlando, Golf clinics and all major Cruise Lines, RCI Points can save you even more money. These outside providers are called RCI Points Partners.

Here is what they are not telling you. "Someone" is paying maintenance fees, taxes, special assessments associated with those points. They wouldn't be giving you use of the points unless they are making a profit over and above those costs. Maybe it's right for you, but in the end, it's another form of rental.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is what they are not telling you. "Someone" is paying maintenance fees, taxes, special assessments associated with those points. They wouldn't be giving you use of the points unless they are making a profit over and above those costs. Maybe it's right for you, but in the end, it's another form of rental.

Agreed - It would be better just to rent individual weeks from timeshare owners:

-No upfront buy-in
-No ongoing obligation
-Nothing to lose if the Co. goes under

Have you looked at the rentals on our Last Minute Rentals forum for $100 or less per night? http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree that thats exactly the case... another form of rental

My question is how is this possible? . given that rci forbids rentals of their exchanges. or have these operators gotten some exception to the rule?