• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is flying First Class a waste of miles on an int'l day flight?

JROBIN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, if you flight AA on business or first class, you get to use BA's lounges on the way back. They are one of best at LHR.

This statement would only be correct if you were traveling onward on a BA flight. The terminal in LHR that AA flies out of does not have a BA lounge, so you will have to use either the Admiral's Club or the Flagship Lounge in London.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
...Is there time to enjoy the Lounge?
Depends upon how early you arrive at the airport. You don't have to fear a long, boring wait in crowded quarters. So arrive with some time to enjoy the lounge.
What do you do, check in and then go to the Lounge until it's time to board? (And how do you know when it's time to board?)
As the previous post says, they will announce when it is time to go to your gate in the lounge.

One other benefit to first class that I haven't seen mentioned above (I only scanned the posts, so maybe it is there) is that your luggage will be the first to be unloaded from the plane.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This statement would only be correct if you were traveling onward on a BA flight. The terminal in LHR that AA flies out of does not have a BA lounge, so you will have to use either the Admiral's Club or the Flagship Lounge in London.

Now that I think about it...we flew to LHR on AA, and then used the BA lounge while waiting for our flight to Spain. We flew out of CDG on the way back with AA also and I can't remember whose lounge that we used. My bad:eek: but BA's lounge at LHR left a long-last impression on me:D

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've flown my family with 2 young kids, AA FC from NYC to Maui, 4 times and to NY to San Diego once AA FC. The first to Maui, not knowing what we were doing, flew Ny-LA-Maui, in 757s, which in FC is nothing to write home about. Then the next time through Chicago, we got in a 763, which had the better FC seating(leg supports) and now the super nice flat sleeper compartments with the music and TV as mentioned. It is my understanding the AA uses the 763 and 777 for most Int'l, so you will have the better planes.

With our first FC experience, it was much nicer than coach, but nothing special. Then when we found the better planes, it made a huge difference in our vacation experience. Make sure to take plenty of pictures or video as we did, because you and your daughter are in for quite an experience. Your daughter will especially love the special environment and attention.

The best way I can describe the difference is that in FC, your vacation starts, as soon as you get to the airport, whereas in coach, at least to me, your vacation doesn't start until you get off the palne at your destination. FC just allows you to start destressing immediately, and your mindset starts changing right there.

With the said, I also think you used it for the right kind of trip. In hindsight I wish we flew coach to San Diego, because domestic FC isn't worth the miles in my opinion. I'm even questionng flying FC NYC to Aruba next Feb. I don't think for NY to Aruba AA flys 763, so in a 757 FC isn't worth it, as the miles will be better spent on our next Maui trip.

Anyway in my opinion, miles well spent.

Regards.