• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Traders ???

sdba069

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaside, Hill Country X 2
Was invited to a meeting last night concerning our timeshares, under the assumption that it was with our timeshare company. Got there, it ended up being with a company called Interval Traders. Is anyone familiar with this group, know anything about them? They were offering a way to get out of our timeshares and join, what I guess, is a travel club.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is nothing but a scam operation. Lots of those around, have people buy into their travel club and then turn out that they are nothing more than RCI Last call weeks, which means limited resorts and in shoulder season. If you have a RCI account or II account, you will do much better and without the frustration and $ to these folks. They come and go and at the end of the day, you have lost your money to them.

sdba069

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This one supposedly gets you out from under your owned timeshares, at a cost, of course. Curious if anyone may have had any direct dealings with them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Welcome - to TUG!

You won't find anyone here who would join this kind of travel club, because they have a bad reputation in the industry.

Basically, you would be giving up one set of problems, and paying for a new set of problems. There are some other issues too:

1) They fail at an alarming rate, and if a club goes bankrupt you get nothing - no timeshare and no money back.

2) They can never produce the trade inventory that they promise - basically, they just have the leftovers from other exchange companies.

HOW TO GIVE YOUR TIMESHARE AWAY ON TUG: https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
... Not to mention that you will most likely to end up still owning your current timeshare, even after you have paid these scammers to get out from under what you own and onto their "new travel club".

sdba069

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kinda what I figured.