• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II retrade

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Marriott owner. I have a II exchange week for a Frenchmans Cove week for first week of july (sun-sun). I would like to get a saturday checkin for june 14 or second choice would be june 21. So If I do a retrade can I do a second retrade for another date later. Didnt know if I could do multiple retrades, if another week came available that works better for us. If a 3br came available can You upgrade for a 3br also. Didnt know what limitations there are

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You didn't state if the week you used for the exchange is enrolled in Abound. If it is, you can retrade as many times as you like Marriott to Marriott or Marriott to Vistana for $0 exchange fees. You can also upgrade in unit size if you can see the larger unit when doing your search. Any applicable unit size upgrade fees apply if retradeing more than 59 days from checkin.

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am enrolled in marriott points. This unit that i used was one of Marriott weeks that i had booked and couldnt use. I didnt convert it to points. So would it be different rules for a retrade

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am enrolled in marriott points. This unit that i used was one of Marriott weeks that i had booked and couldnt use. I didnt convert it to points. So would it be different rules for a retrade
If that week isn't enrolled and is in an individual II account, then any time you do a retrade you will need to pay the $164 exchange fee.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am reading this a little differently from @dioxide45. I think you meant that this is an enrolled week with free trades but you had deposited it as a week instead of electing points. If it is enrolled then all Marriott-Marriott trades are free. You can keep retrading.

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it is an enrolled week and I did deposit it as a week. So I can retrade as often for free. If a 3 bedroom came available would that be free or is that a fee. I deposited a 2BR week.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it is an enrolled week and I did deposit it as a week. So I can retrade as often for free. If a 3 bedroom came available would that be free or is that a fee. I deposited a 2BR week.
If it is within 60 days of the date of stay, then there is no upgrade / upsize fee, otherwise you pay 1 size upgrade fee. If you have a standard II account, it's $99 per size upgrade. I have platinum II account and it is $59 per size upgrade for me.

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if its less than 60 days the upgrade is free. Is there a limit time before you checkin for the free bigger upgrade. Ex. So you could get a bigger room 2 says before checkin. Is there any time limit

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So if its less than 60 days the upgrade is free. Is there a limit time before you checkin for the free bigger upgrade. Ex. So you could get a bigger room 2 says before checkin. Is there any time limit
You can regrade up to the day prior to checkin.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am reading this a little differently from @dioxide45. I think you meant that this is an enrolled week with free trades but you had deposited it as a week instead of electing points. If it is enrolled then all Marriott-Marriott trades are free. You can keep retrading.
Thanks for catching that. Ultimately if one didn’t pay an exchange fee for the first exchange, retrades are also $0.

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I learned a lot. I always used my Marriott weeks and never used II for exchanges. Seems like a good deal. Thanks for all the insight. you can probably get some good upgrades closer to your checkin