• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Renew Membership - ??

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am new to timeshare ownership and plan to renew my II membership prior to the current expiration date.

I have received several offers to renew and for 3 or 5 year renewals, I was offered a free gift plus a discounted price.

I didn't renew at that time and I have now received a different mailing.

The second offer was for 50% off a getaway purchased in the 59 day window. (The call it an Accomodation Certificate) but with restriction of the 59 days.

What I am wondering is if their offers continue to get better the longer I hold off on renewing.

The AC offer is really tempting.

Teresa

TUG Member
Reaction score
You didn't mention the date your membership expires (in 3 weeks, in 8 months, etc.).

Save all the offers you get and then use the best one (for you) when it's time to renew. Of course, if there is an expiration date on the offer(s) you need to be aware of that.

I get offers all the time and my membership doesn't expire until 2010. I recently received an offer for a two for one deal (buy one year, get another free).

When you DO renew your membership, that's the time to add any other timeshares you've acquired. It's free to add when you are renewing. It costs some bucks if you just want to add mid-membership. If you want to add a resort in the middle of your membership, it might be cheaper to renew for an additional year and get the add-on for 'free'.

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
My membership doesn't expire until August 08 so I have a while.

How can you tell when the offer expires?

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
My membership doesn't expire until August 08 so I have a while.

How can you tell when the offer expires?

If your being offered a two for one that is pretty good offer! :clap:

Remember you can pay a small amount to up grade and get the Getaway you may like at good price plus $25.00 off that price. Getaways are only good if you plan on using them.

We have a AC from our resort that is up in May and its so restricted we told II it wouldn't be used even though its listed in our II acct.

With our trip to Maui in May 2008 and our trip to our resort in Lake Tahoe July 4th week we just didn't have the time anyway and the locations are nothing of interest to us.:eek:

You need to think about any exchange you might be thinking of making in 2008. You can only book a week that ends before your II membership is up.

Also the closer you get the worse the offers from what I have seen. I see you own a very nice resort and area so your offers might get better but you just never know!

IMHO I would grab the two for one offer now and then you stay a member and can put a exchange in that has more dates available. Of coarse this is if you are planning on staying a member anyway!

Last edited:

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only have 1 trip planned next year and that's in August '08 to Aruba, my home resort. It would certainly be possible to take a trip using the AC I would recieve. I would take a trip to Branson, someplace within driving distance.

There is a restriction "...and may not be used to travel to your home resort, or any other resort under the common ownership or management of your home resort. "

Does this mean I can NOT stay at the Marriott Horizon in Branson?

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, you can stay at Horizons Branson as long as it is a time that that resort is available by AC. I stayed at Marriott's Surfwatch using an AC from my deposit of Marriott's Ocean Point last year.