• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I love this town, Vancouver BC

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
20220928_123329(1).jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
20220928_133100_HDR.jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love your photos, @easyrider! Vancouver is such a beautiful city.

Yes it is. We are lucky as the trees are beginning to change colors. There are so many food options here. We have been hanging out in Yale Town the last couple of evenings. We kind of like Yale Town better than Gas Town for restaurants and bars.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In all of my visits while our daughter was in school never accosted by panhandlers. It has been a few years since I've been there though.

@easyrider if you haven't gone already be sure to visit the Museum of Anthropology on the UBC campus.

We made it over to the MOA yesterday at about 10 am. Sheila was doing tours so we lucked out and had one of the semi retired professors showing us the exhibits for hours. Some of the staff came out to see a picture I had that generated a bit of excitement. They think they know the family that carved our comercial pole in the 50's. Off the get go I was told I painted it in colors that are not authentic but that was ok as I was close. I painted this 35 years ago so kudo's to Benjamin Moore. It was an interesting day. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is our pole which was traded to us for work on a commercial project about 40 years ago. I had sent pictures of this to UW anthropology and received a letter from their department saying it was a commercial pole of unknown artist but the style looked Tlingit from SE Alaska. Yesterday the MOA said it was a commercial pole and because of it's age and the wing it was likely carved right after the moratorium that prevented the First Nation people from cultural norms such as carving poles. The carver placed the wing on this possibly to make the pole a Christian Cross to signify his identity as Christian. It really was an interesting day having experts mull over our pole. They want more pictures front and back.

Bill

20200424_142258.jpg

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
20220929_112254.jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
20220929_111827.jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
20220929_113436.jpg

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
20220927_125226_HDR(1)(1).jpg

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you like art, you should check out the the A-maze-ing Laughter statues in English Bay right by Davie/Denman street

We always get a kick out of them when we're there visiting

Attachments

• laughter pic.jpg
    laughter pic.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 14

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since you like art, you should check out the the A-maze-ing Laughter statues in English Bay right by Davie/Denman street

We always get a kick out of them when we're there visiting

We did see these while riding ebikes along the seawalls and bike lanes. Now I wish we would have stopped for a closer look.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We decided to hit the road early because of the increasing border crossing wait times. We were at the border by 6:30 am and the line of cars was two lane up to the middle of the park. The line moved incredibly slow. When we finally made it to where we could see the border gates there was only one of the nine open plus the nexus gate. It took almost 90 minutes to cross. In contrast, it only took 10 minutes to cross into Canada.

Bill

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
The view from our room at the Rosedale on Robson. The view is from the bedroom. While I was looking out at the other buildings I saw others looking at me looking at them.

Bill
How'd you like the Rosedale on Robson?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How'd you like the Rosedale on Robson?

I really like the location. Very easy walk to many places in Gas Town and Yale Town. Plenty of restaurants on Robson. The view of the one bed unit we had was pretty good from the bedroom which has floor to ceiling windows. The one bed unit was on the smaller side of one bed units we have had else where but was fine for two adults. All in all I do like the Rosedale on Robson but compared to the Worldmark it is a bit lacking.

Bill

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We were just there in August. We stayed in hotels with points we had to burn.

I loved everything. I loved White Spot. We used to have one in Denver years ago, and here they were, all over Vancouver. We ate great burgers and fries and other good stuff at White Spot.

The kids museum was great for our five-year-old but goodies in the main big area kept her from wanting to do much. She wanted candy and ice cream. I like that our museums in Denver don't have that stuff right in the middle of the place.

Loved the little ferry boats. We went to Granville Island and ate great food. Everything was good, and we got a variety and shared (all four of us). Elizabeth didn't eat much. The babies didn't care. :)

gayashin68

Reaction score
What are the best timeshare resorts in Canada?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at quite a few Canadian timeshares in the west. None in the east as of yet. I would say embarc has the fanciest resorts in great locations 6 of which are in Canada. From the east to the west they have resorts in Tremblant, Quebec, Blue Mountains north ot Toronto in Ontario, Panorama resort in eastern BC, Vancouver, BC, Whistler, BC, and Ucluelet, BC. I have as of now only stayed in their resort in Vancouver. Very nice timeshare in a great location. I also own Worldmark that has 5 Canadian locations, Canmore, Alberta near Banff, Vancouver, 2 in Whistler, and Victoria. WM resorts are nice but not super fancy. Price per night is more reasonable than embarc. There are several in the Banff/Canmore region so I won't assume I know the best. I think there are a few north of Toronto but some have closed I believe. One or two by Quebec City and a couple in Nova Scotia. I hope to get to all of the embarc locations in the next couple of years and I would love to get to Whitepoint Nova Scotia but it's not going to happen I doubt good weeks ever come up. To me location is the most important thing and living in Alberta Ihave bought WM and embarc to have access to resorts that interest me in locations that I enjoy travelling to. For a while I had a timeshare in Nanoose Bay but unfortunately it closed. There are also tons of timeshares in Fairmont BC but they fleeced owners out of thousands of dollars so I don't go there any more except to Fairmont Mountainside which is owned by a different organization. I also own at 2 resorts in Kelowna, one fancy one not, but I love them both. Delta grand okanagan is the nice one right downtown. As with all timeshares you have to decide what is most important to you for me it is locations I enjoy going back to. I enjoy Banff ROcky Mountain resort as it is the only timeshare right in Banff but it is worn down. It's like a ski lodge that has been well used. It needs updating and a good cleaning but you can't beat the location.