• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt update during MVC investor day call

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark

travelguy84

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRC Maui, HRC Pinon Pointe, HRC Coconut Plantation
Galleries are the sales offices I believe.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are definitely not focusing on legacy HRC, @Mongoose.

Just depends on whether Welk is personally appealing, though. We bought Hyatt because we didn't see anything at Welk appealing. So the Hyatt Portfolio Master Exchange Company can be great (and expensive with Maintenance Fees) but we're happy with legacy HRC.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lots of good conversation on this over on the FB HRC page. My take is that HPC and Welk will be combined into a single product of the "future" with full access to the combined points inventory. HRC legacy will have access to HRC legacy and limited access to the new HVC points inventory. Any the new development will be HVC points. This will look a lot like HGVC and HGVMax and there will be a lot of pressure to upgrade your "worth-less" legacy product.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
It makes no sense to MVC to roll HRC and Welk together into a cohesive program for legacy owners -- they can't resell the same properties twice that way.

If they do, I will be absolutely stunned. Having Welk and Hyatt accessing each others portfolio with the ease of the current HRC would be just fine with me. I'm truly hoping that Welk gets parity with Hyatt Residence Club.

But I think this will end up a way for them to sell more of their points system.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of good conversation on this over on the FB HRC page. My take is that HPC and Welk will be combined into a single product of the "future" with full access to the combined points inventory. HRC legacy will have access to HRC legacy and limited access to the new HVC points inventory. Any the new development will be HVC points. This will look a lot like HGVC and HGVMax and there will be a lot of pressure to upgrade your "worth-less" legacy product.

Yes, in terms what the legacy would see, it's hard to know how Welk points and Portfolio points would integrate. Are there any blueprints where MVC has done this before with two pure Points programs (sorry I know there are things going on with Abound/Marriott/Vistana but wasn't sure whether Vistana was pure Points)?

The way Aspen is treated now, it's not part of legacy HRC, but is a Portfolio resort. So from 12mo-6mo, the Portfolio Aspen weeks are available only Portfolio members. Then from 6mo-0mo, the Portfolio Aspen weeks are available to both Portfolio and Legacy HRC members.

So it's possible for us to get some 'dregs' of Welk at 6mo-0mo, but at what exchange rate of X Welk Points = Y Hyatt points? I guess my earlier posts on the current trade between the two in Interval Intl might give a clue.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, in terms what the legacy would see, it's hard to know how Welk points and Portfolio points would integrate. Are there any blueprints where MVC has done this before with two pure Points programs (sorry I know there are things going on with Abound/Marriott/Vistana but wasn't sure whether Vistana was pure Points)?

The way Aspen is treated now, it's not part of legacy HRC, but is a Portfolio resort. So from 12mo-6mo, the Portfolio Aspen weeks are available only Portfolio members. Then from 6mo-0mo, the Portfolio Aspen weeks are available to both Portfolio and Legacy HRC members.

So it's possible for us to get some 'dregs' of Welk at 6mo-0mo, but at what exchange rate of X Welk Points = Y Hyatt points? I guess my earlier posts on the current trade between the two in Interval Intl might give a clue.
I hope by 2024 the dregs will be brought up to Hyatt standards. I don't think Hyatt will allow poor quality once the rebranding is complete, especially when they are on the Hyatt.com site.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.