• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to see ongoing request deposit

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I deposited a week into interval and paid for the deposit with ongoing search. But when I go into my account, it takes me through the steps of adding resort requests, but it includes all of the payment info and I don’t want to have to pay again.
Is there a way for me to check what is available on my own in addition to the request I have already paid for? And if so, how do I do that? If I saw something I would like to trade for how would I do that if it’s not on my requested units?
Thank you for your help!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I deposited a week into interval and paid for the deposit with ongoing search. But when I go into my account, it takes me through the steps of adding resort requests, but it includes all of the payment info and I don’t want to have to pay again.
Is there a way for me to check what is available on my own in addition to the request I have already paid for? And if so, how do I do that? If I saw something I would like to trade for how would I do that if it’s not on my requested units?
Are you using your phone? Are you using the app? Are you on a laptop / ipad?

If on a laptop,
Exchange > Vacation Exchange > My Units

You should see these two buttons next to your request:
1690143709616.png

To search online, select Vacation Exchange.

To review what is in your request, or to modify resorts / unit size / dates, select Review Request.

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much to all of you! I just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t have to pay again for the ongoing search(or somehow delete my request search), and that I would be able to look for myself, too, at options. Also, I am using an iPhone, so I’m not sure if that makes a difference. But thank you so much!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you logged on to the full interval site, it is the same. If you use the "Interval app", it is quite different.

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
For an ongoing exchange request, most of the time I don't get the 'Search Availability' button on the Android app, despite an instruction screen saying it should be there. This function is available on the full Interval website. It's been like this for a while. I do have the current version of the app.

HudsHut pointed out in another post that the referenced action can be accessed by clicking on the 3 dots by your exchange number. It did work last night but the 'Search Availability' button isn't there this morning ... very strange.

Clicking on the 3 dots should bring up:

Options
View Exchange Request
Search Availability
Cancel

Last edited:

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
Now I'm seeing the 'Search Availability' button on the app. What changed? I received a call from an II rep saying they had a potential alternative match to my ongoing search.
My ongoing search is set up as a list of specific resorts for a date range, not just a location. They had another resort available that wasn't on my list. When I told the rep that I wasn't interested in that particular resort as an exchange she said they would enter that in their system with that resort being rejected. I'm guessing that when they have a 'possible match' identified in their system it might take away the ability to see the 'Search Availability' button in the app until the time that potential match is rejected. Can anyone else confirm seeing something like this with the app?
The odd thing is I never had an issue with the 'Search Availability' functionality on the website.