Before you pay an upfront fee to someone to "take your timeshare off your hands," please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it.
-You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
-You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
-You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
-You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
-You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.
There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.
- the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)
- Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
To make it more attractive I would:
1) Pay 2012 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.
2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple deed preparation and title transfer with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Many people have used Tugger TTT (Alan) at Time Travel Traders for this service in the past, but he is retired and is referring most business to Lisa Short for this service -
Phone - 706.219.2709
Fax No. 706-219-0092Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.
Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.
3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012 for the new owner
4) Here is the CRITICAL
step that most people miss - come back to to your post once a week and bump it with new info. to keep it on the main page.