• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV Annual Mtg

jsfletch

TUG Member
Reaction score
I plan on attending the May HHV annual mtg and was wondering if any HHV owners had any issues that they would like to be brought to the board's attention. I know some are concerned with non guests using the new pool. Are there any other concerns?

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I plan on attending the May HHV annual mtg and was wondering if any HHV owners had any issues that they would like to be brought to the board's attention. I know some are concerned with non guests using the new pool. Are there any other concerns?

Thank you! I don't know how hard it would be to require wrist bands like they do at Waikoloa. Even if it wasn't policed closely, I have to think it would discourage many non-guests to hang by the pool if all of the real guests had wrist bands.

Good luck!

nonutrix,
owner at Grand Waikikian

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a HHV Lagoon tower owner and have not been there since the GW and new pool opened. But I am concerned (from reading threads on this board) about non-HHV guests using the new pool and also the noise factor.

I have no problem with requiring wrist bands. The main pool at Disney's Beach Club requires wrist bands, and while it doesn't totally solve the problem, it helps.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I don't think you'll get an answer but I would like an explanation for the HHV availability issues last year. We went from very little availability to tons of availability (see threads below).

No availability at HHV in January? - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68581
Wow, all of the sudden Kalia tower is available from Jan thru July - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82935
There's good HHV open season availability!! - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86889

Knock on wood...So far, I don't think I've heard any complaints about availability this year.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I don't own there but stay there every year, so I have several suggestions.

Put recycling bins in the laundry rooms of Lagoon Tower or somewhere else in both towers for all those bottles and cans I pay a fee for but can't get back. I always leave them in a separate bag in the unit but never know if housekeeping takes them for the refunds or they get thrown away. (I sure hope it's the former.)

Some units in Lagoon Tower have laundry baskets, and some don't. Every unit should have one since the washers and dryers are down the hall.

Another vote for wristbands for the pool. If I owned at HHV, I'd be furious that nonguests were using the pool I was helping to pay for.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Put recycling bins in the laundry rooms of Lagoon Tower or somewhere else in both towers for all those bottles and cans I pay a fee for but can't get back. I always leave them in a separate bag in the unit but never know if housekeeping takes them for the refunds or they get thrown away. (I sure hope it's the former.)

I would prefer a small recycling bin in each of the rooms to avoid odors in the laundry room or central areas. Some folks are plain lazy and don't rinse bottles and cans.

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the wristbands. That's huge, and it would make the pool far more manageable. I'm not sure how they could police it - it's not like there's a single entrance/exit where they could watch people.

Ditto also on the recycling. We noticed a dearth of it all over the island, which is surprising for a place with limited space and such a premium on natural resources. More bins all over the place - preferably near all the trash cans.

Also, I would be pissed if I owned at the Lagoon Tower and heard the way they're dissing it in the GW sales presentation. They went to town going after the Lagoon Tower ("it's outdated," "we're through with it," "it can't compare with this....").

Incidentally, while here I put up a friend in a 2BD premier in the GW, and took a look before he moved in. Guess what, it's got nothing on the Lagoon Tower. Hardwood floors are nice, furnishings are marginally better, if that, but it was boxy, with a long hallway and disjointed rooms. No open feeling. 2 balconies were nice, but for 2 times the number of points to stay there? Not worth it. So, I'd like to emphasize how nice the Lagoon Tower is, and remains. I still choose it as the best place to stay.

jestme

Reaction score
Again, the pool policing. There already is a person watching the slides for wristbands, the same person could watch the whole pool area as well.
Where the current sales office is in the bottom of the Lagoon Tower, there was originally supposed to be a new restaurant, with the sales offices moving to the Waikikian. With all the closures of the other restaurants at the HHV, is that plan still going ahead.
What is a "Studio Premier", and will it require more points? (The 2010 club season reservations calendar has both a "Studio Plus" and a "Studio Premier" listed as room types in the Lagoon Tower, even though I verified this morning the "Studio Plus" is the same point cost as a studio).

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I would prefer a small recycling bin in each of the rooms to avoid odors in the laundry room or central areas. Some folks are plain lazy and don't rinse bottles and cans.

That works, too, although it's easier for housekeeping to have central areas for recycling drop-offs. If the bin were emptied every day, I don't think there'd be a problem with odors.

jsfletch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tuggers: Thanks very much for the great input! I'll put these suggestions in the form of a letter and submit it to the board a wk or two before the mtg. This should allow them time to evaluate and respond to the issues.

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are wrist bands given out but no monitoring except at the slides. We saw local kids using the hot tub and pool. There are at least 4 staff people around, but they do not do or say anything to the kids. Also, getting a wrist band is easy. Just flash a room key card, sometimes the attendant do not evn ask to see it.

If you are not out there by 11AM, you will have little chance of getting a chair till after 3PM. We saw a girl throw towels and free magazines at 3 chairs at 10AM and never saw her or anyone use them for the rest of the day when we left at 5PM. At least 50% of the chairs are not occupied with towels on it. Getting a towel is too easy, just show a room key card. No checking to see if the person is really registered. No charge if lost or never returned. Towels should be removed after 2 hours of non occupancy. The attendants are just walking around or talking to each other most of the time and do nothing to make the pool environement more enjoyable.

The sales people are so proud to announce that Grand Waikikian gets money for sharing the pool with the rest of the resort. Don't think it is worth it when it is not enjoyable by owners who paid so much with a promise of a fantastic pool.

Good luck and looking forward to your report.