• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Platinum points

flamtilivom

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Flamingo
I've owned this for 7-8 years now, any idea how much this is worth? I'm interested in selling as we now have kids and don't get to use it as much.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
A Vegas Platinum at one of the maintenance fee efficient FEPS Resorts (Flamingo, Elara, Paradise, Strip) rule of thumb is about 0.65 to $0.9 cents a point.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
A Vegas Platinum at one of the maintenance fee efficient FEPS Resorts (Flamingo, Elara, Paradise, Strip) rule of thumb is about 0.65 to $0.9 cents a point.
I think that would be acquisition cost including closing, club transfer fee etc. the seller would likely get less I would think.

It depends on how fast you want to move it. Price it around $6-7k or less and I think it would go pretty quick.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
One listed on Red Week right now by Diane Nadeau for $6500
ROFR.NEt shows much lower actual sales but they are dated and few

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've owned this for 7-8 years now, any idea how much this is worth? I'm interested in selling as we now have kids and don't get to use it as much.

I think the suggested price is spot on - but you can always look thru completed ebay sales and get a idea yourself.

Another factor is you being clear that you will or will not cover closing cost - the actual closing (not expensive thru LTtransfers) but also the transfer fees, etc. So a lower price could be offset by saying the buyer is responsible for all closing costs.

You can always join Tug (well spend 15 bucks last time I looked) and post it here. If you go thru a reseller you have to pay them. You can do research here on closing companies that will handle the transfer for you.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Agree. If you use LT transfers to close and post via Redweek, TUG and FB you can earn more. Brokers will eat into your net and market in the same places.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before listing this, I recommend reading the HGVC forum since you can use the club points for great family vacations within HGVC or RCI. Many people are buying the Vegas deeds as a low cost points generator to travel to Hawaii and Caribbean, for example.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
IMO, using this for affordable family vacations is one of the best arguments for owning a HGV deed. Those 11,200 points would make for fantastic family vacations for very little cost. A week at a 2BR vacation condo for about $1,000 in annual fees is a fantastic deal compared to the alternatives.

But to each their own, I guess.

Kurt

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
IMO, using this for affordable family vacations is one of the best arguments for owning a HGV deed. Those 11,200 points would make for fantastic family vacations for very little cost. A week at a 2BR vacation condo for about $1,000 in annual fees is a fantastic deal compared to the alternatives.

Kurt
I agree with Kurt. The OP can make some great memories with his or her family by using their ownership for some relatively inexpensive vacations. I would encourage the OP to look into how they can best use their ownership unless other factors just don’t allow them to take any vacations.

Best regards.

Mike

flamtilivom

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Flamingo

Kurt
Thank you, that was my idea when I bought it. Used Valdoro a few times and it was great.

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Echoing above points - HGV deed ownership is a potentially huge advantage for families looking to vacation somewhere. $1k/year in maintenance fees for a week in posh accommodations versus $3-4k+ for a week at a hotel or similarly appointed Airbnb in a nice area.

Assuming family life permits vacations to be taken, and finances are sound, I think it's worth considering keeping the deed and utilizing it for family vacation savings. After all if the ability to vacation does arise again, you'll find yourself in a position of paying general economy ($$$) prices for vacation accommodations or buying a timeshare deed all over again.

If you find you'd like to keep the deed but aren't able to utilize all 11,200 points annually, make sure the point rollover process or the RCI conversion is being taken advantage of so that the points will be there to use when you want them. For the $150 or whatever it costs to roll current year points into next year, it's definitely worth it to save 11,200 points, and have 22,400 points to burn and take a REALLY nice vacation (or two) the following year.

Another option if you know you aren't going to be able to use the points is to rent out your home week and use the proceeds to pay the maintenance fees, so at least you aren't completely in the hole for the years the points aren't used.

FilthyForever

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Anderson Ocean Club, HGVC On The Boulevard
Echoing above points - HGV deed ownership is a potentially huge advantage for families looking to vacation somewhere. $1k/year in maintenance fees for a week in posh accommodations versus $3-4k+ for a week at a hotel or similarly appointed Airbnb in a nice area.

This is exactly how I think about it. Hotels and vacation rentals have gotten so expensive, and you never really know what exactly you're going to get until you check in.

For the $150 or whatever it costs to roll current year points into next year, it's definitely worth it to save 11,200 points, and have 22,400 points to burn and take a REALLY nice vacation (or two) the following year.

I love the concept of planning multiple years out. I'd tweak this slightly so that you are always borrowing points from a future year and avoiding paying the fee to save the points. So I'd do it like this: take a 2-week vacation every other year by using the current year's points plus the following year's points. And it comes at no surprise, I'd recommend spending those two weeks in Waikoloa (half Bay Club half Kings Land).

I know we're presenting alternatives to selling what you have, but it's because you have one of the most valuable types of deeds in the entire system!