• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Maui Bay Villas

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
After spending a week in Lahaina at the Sands of Kahana we are spending the weekend at the HGVC Maui Bay Villas. Everything is new here and they do have some adjusting to do with the units. This has the potential to be a great resort. Only one building is open right now with 11 more to go. There are 2 other building almost completed so by next year at least 2 other building should be open. There will be 400 or so units when completed. The pools are great and the Ocean Front Restaurant will be completed in the next year. The terraces overlooking the pool with the bar will make this a very deairable location to have happy hour before dinner while experiencing the sunset. Hopefully people will Uber, Bus, Walk or have dinner in their room after happy hour to stay safe.
While the flooding in Kihei was a traffic concern while out shopping it didn't effect this resort at all except for the traffic.

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the location? We have a booking for the end of October and I have been looking for an extra room or two because our kids will be joining us. It seems that this resort is quite a ways from other timeshares and hotels.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
What do you think of the location? We have a booking for the end of October and I have been looking for an extra room or two because our kids will be joining us. It seems that this resort is quite a ways from other timeshares and hotels.
It's at the north end of Kihei, but if you have a car it's not far from anything.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

Since this is September the only possibility for Timeshares for the end of October would be a last minute cancellation which you may be able to find in HGVC due to the 30 day cancellation timeframe. Keep checking RCI also since there are a few RCI resorts in the area and you can never tell when someone might cancel. Late October is a low season so you should be able to find a hotel. I don't know any hotel in the immediate area but there are some spectacular ones in Wailea a few miles down the road. They are expensive. The only one we have ever stayed at is the Grand Wailea which is a property that we reserved with Hilton Hotel points. Back in 2009 it was 80,000 points, I don't know how many it is now but the Grand Wailea is very nice.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Since this is September the only possibility for Timeshares for the end of October would be a last minute cancellation which you may be able to find in HGVC due to the 30 day cancellation timeframe. Keep checking RCI also since there are a few RCI resorts in the area and you can never tell when someone might cancel. Late October is a low season so you should be able to find a hotel. I don't know any hotel in the immediate area but there are some spectacular ones in Wailea a few miles down the road. They are expensive. The only one we have ever stayed at is the Grand Wailea which is a property that we reserved with Hilton Hotel points. Back in 2009 it was 80,000 points, I don't know how many it is now but the Grand Wailea is very nice.
There are more timeshares in Kihei, but I'm not sure being close to them is important. As you stated the big resorts are in Wailea. Again, proximity probably depends on what you want to do there.

If @optimist is wondering how close the HGVC resort is so they can walk to other places, it's not really close. You would definitely need a car to get to grocery stores, restaurants, etc.

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. Have been sitting all day putting together my itinerary incorporating the restaurant and beach suggestions from another thread...
There is a 2br available on Redweek at the Maui Schooner. I have not jumped at it since I would prefer us to all be in the same resort. I will try my luck on HGVC open season as soon as the window opens up. It is unlikely I will find seven days in a row so I might have to supplement with one of the hotels in Wailea. They are all crazy expensive and I don't have the points to cover it but for a few nights we can splurge.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Beach side pool area.
There’s a small patch of beach in front of the resort but there’s also a path to a larger beach nearby.

B750597E-E0C0-4239-B21A-80081348100C.jpeg

A80F8910-9C33-4944-A57C-1094EE0A1319.jpeg

388710D7-6C9E-4C47-AA1B-3CBAB673854D.jpeg

194E4711-76CE-43A5-B6EE-A95423FAC4D1.jpeg

D6F14A23-D836-4B91-A585-20C23DC0A873.jpeg

CD29DDE5-EC12-4C9D-A94A-6AFD0E41612F.jpeg

3E1329F4-0DCA-470E-A422-ACE5BD69BAFF.jpeg

71F1B352-7FC9-42D7-8FDC-585C0814251B.jpeg

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I had no idea they were expanding the resort to that extent. That's wonderful. Kihei is such a nice area.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I also found a good YouTube Video dated January 2022.