• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help needed to rescind

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Charter Club, Marco Island
My husband and I met a widow traveling alone for the first time. She attended a sales meeting and after 4 hours and being overwhelmed she made a purchase of $50k. That afternoon she wanted to cancel the contract. I gave her a sample rescission letter and advised her to mail it certified before the 7 days expired. I told her the address to send the letter was in her contract. I was shocked when she stated that she had not yet received her pdf copy of the contract.

Does anyone have the address, so that I can provide it to her?

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Edit: Nevermind, just realized it’s obviously Wyndham since this is in the Wyndham forum, disregard.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

hope she is still within her 7 day rescission period!

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate

BrianinCA

TUG Member
Reaction score
From my contract, I did email and postal.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Inc.
Attn Rescission Department
6277 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, Fl 32821

or fax 407-626-6753
or e-mail Rescissions.wvr@wyn.com

hope this helps,
brian

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
Thank you

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thank goodness she ran into you @RRedlich (and of course thank goodness for TUG).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SWFL HGV Affiliate Resort
I do not mean to sound heartless and incapable of feelings but I do not understand how this happens. Maybe because I do not have $50,000 that i could even imagine spending in one transaction, but how does this happen, when people aer held "captive" for 4 hours with someone until they agree to purchase something? My parents have been to a couple timeshare presentations. Im not a native Floridian so it was a family tradition to sign up for the timeshare presentation, so we can go to Orlando for 3 nights for $150 and get $150 Amex card of whatever they're offering... and NOT BUY a timeshare.....

Im sure my parents had a Westgate timeshare for like a year, i have no idea whatever became of that thing LOL im talking back in like 2002. Maybe it wasnt a FULL timeshare but like a sample thing? They went to Vegas and once to Orlando and that was it. No more timeshare.

RRedlich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Vero Beach
DVC Saratoga Springs
Wyndham Avenue Plaza
Wyndham La Bell Maison
Wyndham Bentley Brook
Wyndham Kingsgate
I do not mean to sound heartless and incapable of feelings but I do not understand how this happens. Maybe because I do not have $50,000 that i could even imagine spending in one transaction, but how does this happen, when people aer held "captive" for 4 hours with someone until they agree to purchase something? My parents have been to a couple timeshare presentations. Im not a native Floridian so it was a family tradition to sign up for the timeshare presentation, so we can go to Orlando for 3 nights for $150 and get $150 Amex card of whatever they're offering... and NOT BUY a timeshare.....

Im sure my parents had a Westgate timeshare for like a year, i have no idea whatever became of that thing LOL im talking back in like 2002. Maybe it wasnt a FULL timeshare but like a sample thing? They went to Vegas and once to Orlando and that was it. No more timeshare.
I do get what you're saying, it took my breath away when ahe told me. I guess, she was naive and lonely. She was genuinely a kind person.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score

People fall for it all the time. That is just the reality. We here at TUG are doing our best to get the word out to stop people from falling for it. Those who did fall for it and are fortunate enough to find themselves in this forum have been helped to rescind. There is thread that tries to capture how much has been saved for the second scenario.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After 40+ years of T/S ownership, I am no longer "an owner"
I agree with the comments here . . . I'm constantly amazed that people "fall for it" . . . and empathetic when I hear their stories and how easy it is for them to feel they got a decent deal. I met a few people on our most recent trip to Pompano Beach, several of whom were getting ready to attend their presentation the next day (or two). I sure hope I was helpful enough to the one couple who needed to rescind and to the others to avoid caving in and buying anything.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SWFL HGV Affiliate Resort
Maybe im still a child at heart, i'll cry scream throw a tantrum LMAO

"GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!"

they might kick me out of the hotel lmaoooo

That the problem with us Customer Service Angels. I've heard enough BS to know how to use BS LOL :whooopie: