• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone used airgorilla.com for airfare?

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
Has anyone used airgorilla.com for airfare? Their prices are so much cheaper I am wondering if it is legit.

zoobiedo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no personal experience BUT I have 2 friends who use it for all their trips and think it is fabulous. So I guess that legitimizes GorillaAir.

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked a test fare on airgorilla vs AA for jfk/sxm and AA was $50 cheaper on the same flights.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
airgorilla

I checked my Easter week dates for Pittsburgh to Aruba. Airgorilla gives me a price of $433.63 on United. United's current price for the same flight is $1317.80. The cheapest flight United offers that day from its website is $1287.30. Travelocity's best price is $698 on AA with connections that are much worse than United's. If I save $50 with a bargain website, I'm happy. If I save this much, I'm a little suspicious. We already got our tickets on Delta at $508 in July and I was very happy about the price as Easter week is apt to be expensive. We are renting a 2-bedroom and are thinking of asking friends to go with us if they can find reasonable airfare.

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Decent interface (especially wrt time parameters) but pricing no different on my control bookings than pulling fares off ExpertFlyer and ITA and booking on the airline site.

Only negative I immediately noted is lack of creative routing within parameters of legal connection city pairs, so perhaps some loss of potential deals.

Pat

Mom2MNEm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

:) I just tried it to see what I would get. We want to fly to Orlando during Passover week ( Sat April 19-Sun April27). I have been getting $370 RT. That would get me in and out of LaGuardia ( Just over 1hr drive from our house-plus having to deal with baggage and getting back to our car).

airgorilla had it at $222 --which included a non-stop to Orlando on Delta and 1stop on the way home using AirTran. And the flight times were in the timeframe I wanted. Now i have to decide if I want to do that or if I should wait for Southwest to open up their booking--they fly from MacArthur --which is 20-25 min from my house and easier to deal with as far as baggage and check-in etc............ :shrug:

Lisa