• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Vista next March. Suggestions please.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've reserved a week at Grande Vista early March 2024. I really wanted a deluxe studio at Lakeshore Reserve but there weren't any available. Lakeshore Reserve is attractive to us because of the Ritz and JW being so close that's it's a self-contained community. We like walking the path between the 3 properties. Grande Vista is a beautiful resort and I told myself a 1 bedroom is a nice alternative (they were the same amount of points).

Orlando isn't my ideal vacation location. The sprawl and highways mess with my head. The week is a stop between our time on Hilton Head and Ocean Pointe.

Once we settle at Grande Vista I'd like to find a way to enjoy the resort and it's local area so I can mostly ignore the highways.

I'm looking for suggestions that will help me look forward to the stop and not dread the greater area. I don't mind a bit of driving. Looking for places to visit that are quaint, charming or calming.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
Winter Haven is suppose to be a quaint, nice town. There is a Tiffany Glass museum there. Check trip advisor for best places to visit in Orlando and Winter Garden.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Downtown Lakeland has some charm as well. One could easily combine the 2. Both will require busier roads but you could avoid the Interstate if you wanted though using I-4 would make it an easier trip. Celebration is also a decent experience. There are quite a few dinner shows that one might consider, there are 2 outlet malls if one is so inclined and any trip to a larger Bass Pro Shop or similar can be a good time.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
We enjoy visiting gardens in the Orlando area- even if it’s not prime season they are lovely to wander.
Look into the Harry P Leu gardens- near by Winter Park is a great spot to wander and eat lunch.
Bok tower gardens are also a great outing.

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some nice parks and restaurants in downtown Orlando. You may want to check that out.

I'm just going to throw you a curve ball.....tons of spring training baseball if you have any interest at all. There are games within an hour and more over in the Tampa area.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Head up to Winter Garden and walk or bike on the West Orange Trail, then have lunch at the Plant Street Market. You can rent bikes at several of the trail stations...there's one right in Winter Garden. It's faster by expressway obviously but you can get there via local roads too. It's the local roads that drive me nuts down here (we're at Cypress now).

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Visit Lakeridge Winery. It's out in the country, about a 40 min. drive from MGV in sort-of the country. You get a free tour and can taste 8 wines (complimentary), and their wines are very reasonably priced.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting out of the Orlando area you won't be able to avoid highways all the time. Spring training for baseball is in March. We went to a game in Lakeland a couple weeks ago. An enjoyable afternoon!

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Winter Haven is suppose to be a quaint, nice town. There is a Tiffany Glass museum there. Check trip advisor for best places to visit in Orlando and Winter Garden.
I think you mean WinterPark. It’s a historical old town and really nice. That’s where we spend our time. Really nice restaurants and boutique stores but you have to get on the highway.