• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Giving away a timeshare ~ Sedona Pines

RASTUS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon:

We are US citizens who choose to live in Australia & have owned a Timeshare for quite some time, but are unable to use now or in the future, because of the obvious.

I have contacted the 'company' a number of times over the last 3 years by email asking questions about handing this property over to friends of ours ~ brick wall & not one response.

3 or 4 months ago I called the number listed for Guest Services & got some nice guy who indicated he would put me through to the lady who looked after these type things.
Straight to voicemail indicating her mail box was full, so was unable to leave a message. Tried calling back over an extended period with the same result.
We do have a magicJack & a US NV number to keep in contact with friends stateside.

The dues, from memory less than $500, are paid up, & are paid bi-yearly plus there are 45,000 points which seem to go a long way in the US with swaps.

I have friends in NV who are interested. So what exactly needs to be done to transfer the property & current points to him & his wife, or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks, John

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would help if you told us what the property name is and which timeshare company.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Knowing the property is important because a transfer to your friends could end up with heavily restricted usage of the points. While it would be great to get rid of it and give it to them, they need to understand how it will work as a resale ownership. Otherwise, friends may not be friends for long.

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
I believe the timeshare is Sedona Pines from OP's title of post

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, Sedona Pines is not located in the city of Sedona but is a short drive (like the Oak Creek properties.) It is close to Cottonwood (which actually has a WalMart!) Also, I would characterize it as a nice collection of "modular homes".

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW someone may end up taking it here on TUG.
But if you really want to GIVE it away you may need to expand your reach.
Dare I say Craigslist. Yes. Dare I say Facebook marketplace. Yes.

Yes you have a captive audience here on TUG. You have millions to reach on the other platforms. I had good results years ago on Craigslist. You will have to weed out the Nigerian scammers on CL. Or just go with the FB route. However you still may end up with the scammers. Just block and ignore them. They are like flies. Just a fact of life.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon:

We are US citizens who choose to live in Australia & have owned a Timeshare for quite some time, but are unable to use now or in the future, because of the obvious.

I have contacted the 'company' a number of times over the last 3 years by email asking questions about handing this property over to friends of ours ~ brick wall & not one response.

3 or 4 months ago I called the number listed for Guest Services & got some nice guy who indicated he would put me through to the lady who looked after these type things.
Straight to voicemail indicating her mail box was full, so was unable to leave a message. Tried calling back over an extended period with the same result.
We do have a magicJack & a US NV number to keep in contact with friends stateside.

The dues, from memory less than $500, are paid up, & are paid bi-yearly plus there are 45,000 points which seem to go a long way in the US with swaps.

I have friends in NV who are interested. So what exactly needs to be done to transfer the property & current points to him & his wife, or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks, John
Sounds like you need a TS transfer company? Who can recommend Timeshare transfer company. Looks like he has a taker!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I used JRA.
If anyone is in need of timeshare transfer/closing or escrow service, as many of you know, I am no longer with JRA Services, Inc., but I am still in the business providing these services and I'd love to hear from you and to help you with any timeshare closing and escrow needs that you may have. Please call me if you need assistance 954-632-5856, or my current work email address is Deeding@Bocatransfers.com. Thank you!! Janet Ammirati

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Many years ago I used JRA.
If anyone is in need of timeshare transfer/closing or escrow service, as many of you know, I am no longer with JRA Services, Inc., but I am still in the business providing these services and I'd love to hear from you and to help you with any timeshare closing and escrow needs that you may have. Please call me if you need assistance 954-632-5856, or my current work email address is Deeding@Bocatransfers.com. Thank you!! Janet Ammirati
I wonder if Janest is still doing this now? I used her for our first timeshare purchase back in 2007. I tried going to that Bocatransfers domain and it doesn't look like it works.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Seconding LT Transfers.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Janest is still doing this now? I used her for our first timeshare purchase back in 2007. I tried going to that Bocatransfers domain and it doesn't look like it works.
IDK. But I took this from FB. Yes I reactivated my account on FB for the time being.
I am also FB friends with Janet. I tend to think yes she would still be doing this Part Time.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Hope the suggestions above give you what you need to transfer ownership to your friends. That's definitely the best way to go - give it to someone who can use it!

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Also, Sedona Pines is not located in the city of Sedona but is a short drive (like the Oak Creek properties.) It is close to Cottonwood (which actually has a WalMart!) Also, I would characterize it as a nice collection of "modular homes".
WTH? Feel better?

Sedona Pines is definitely in Sedona. It's West Sedona. It's just past Red Rock State Park. It's a great location if you come to enjoy the rocks, which is also true of VOC but Sedona Pines is not the distance of VOC.

The units are individual, separate Park Models or tiny homes. So, you have beautiful windows all around with lots of ventilation and can enjoy seeing the hot air balloons in the morning from the clearstory windows. You have your own deck and grill out your back door if you are into that sort of thing.

Sedona Pines has the largest pool in the area, and it is heated. They also have multiple hot tubs and an adult-only lagoon, which is very nice.
They also have a popular Italian restaurant which many locals travel to and enjoy. They've added a patio and have live music. So, it's quite lively!
It's hardly the dumpiest T/S in Sedona.

It totally kills me that people try to make some sort of class-knock on the units when most T/S are just apartments. What's so great about that?

"which actually has a Walmart" - Cottonwood is a popular destination in tis own right, and has a much more charming downtown than Sedona.