• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Give Back to MVC

goodbadugly

Reaction score
Hi folks, looking to make my life a bit easier. Considering giving back to MVC a gold week at Grande Vista Orlando. Between MF's and additional reserves (rising regularly) unable to cover costs by renting out. Thoughts?? Thanks

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, looking to make my life a bit easier. Considering giving back to MVC a gold week at Grande Vista Orlando. Between MF's and additional reserves (rising regularly) unable to cover costs by renting out. Thoughts?? Thanks
I'd list it on TUG as a give away buyer paying closing or for a small price on TUG or Redweek. This is better than a deed back in most cases.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Deed back can be a very time consuming process and depending on when you start it you may still be required to pay the following year’s MFs. You might want to check this with the MVC Exit Team before making any decision.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If your Grande Vista week is Platinum season, it may still have a little resale value and the process might be a bit quicker than a deed back. You might end up with some cash in your pocket. That said, if you want to give it away, give it away in the Free Timeshares forum instead of letting Marriott Vacation Club take it back and flip it for tens of thousands of dollars.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If your Grande Vista week is Platinum season, it may still have a little resale value and the process might be a bit quicker than a deed back. You might end up with some cash in your pocket. That said, if you want to give it away, give it away in the Free Timeshares forum instead of letting Marriott Vacation Club take it back and flip it for tens of thousands of dollars.
The original poster said it was gold.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Deed back can be a very time consuming process and depending on when you start it you may still be required to pay the following year’s MFs. You might want to check this with the MVC Exit Team before making any decision.
I would agree with Barry, I'd check with the exit team but likely go ahead and list it for free. If one can get them to agree to take it back and not have to pay the 2025 fees, I'd just let them have it back with the knowledge it's set even if it takes a while. For a gold week at any of the usual "traders", my opinion is they have no value unless you'd actually use them almost exclusively and even then there are often better choices unless it's a difficult unit type to trade to like a 3 BR. One might even have to pay the closing costs to get someone to take it. If so, I'd make sure to either require a specific closing company, like LT Transfers, or specify a dollar amount you're willing to pay. I will admit that I am unsure how it works if the seller is to pay the closing costs and MVC exercise ROFR, that knowledge would affect my decisions if I were in a situation where I was going to pay anything to get rid of it. .

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
With our recently deeded back St Kitts Beach Club weeks the whole process took almost 9 months!
It seems that the rules governing St Kitts property might be particularly challenging, thank goodness I had kept all the original documentation from many years ago as otherwise we would have had to go through an even more protracted and costly process.
As it is, we “just“ had to have our documents notarised, which cost under $100.
I say just, as we had to go to the US consulat in Mallorca to get this done (actually easier for us than going to the UK one in London and they said that US companies don’t realise how much more difficult it can be getting documents notarised outside of the US.
We jever believed that this deed back could take so long, but it is now complete and we are $5,000+ better off each year now.
So more spending money for all our other MVC resorts.