• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gatlinburg Town Square

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have reservations for the first week of June. I was wanting to know if anyone has visited this resort recently? What can I expect?

Dave

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Traffic :wall:

Just kidding (sort of). Schools in this area get out late May, so things will be picking up by then.

I've never stayed at the resort, though I've driven by it. It's in a convenient location for seeing Gatlinburg and is convenient to the National Park.

Enjoy your visit.

Sheila

sully4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Convenience
Gatlinburg is one of those areas where you lose the convenience if you have the views; if you have the views you lose the convenience. We stayed here last Oct and were pleased overall with the resort. Units are large and well-equipped, and they have an elevator!
You'll enjoy,
Sully4

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you will be pleased with Town Square. You will be 2 blocks from the main street of Gatlinburg. The trolley also picks up in front of TS. For things to do, check out the reviews. We did the Biltmore in Asheville(a day trip) the last time we visited a couple of years ago. You can get discount tickets at AAA if you are a member. Highly recommend getting the earphones for the self guided Biltmore tour. Have fun!

jmd42

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to check on the internet that week for highway const. Some of my friends and I went to the bristol race 3 weeks ago and ran into some traffic on I-75 and on rt. 40. they were working on bridges and traffic was down to 1 lane.You can always take the back way in down rt. 77 to the east.

Tom52

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your unit is in phase 1 you may not have any views with the new Crown Park resort being built right next to it, but I think the best thing about the resort is that it is right in the middle of town and you don't have to contend with all the parking issues if you can handle the walk. Even though the resort is older, I understand they do a good job keeping the units refurbished.

I am currently closing on a unit at GTS right now and am looking forward to my first stay this September

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Tom52,

They must be farther along than I realized on the Crown Park Resort. It came up as available in RCI Points for this Spring. I think it was for May dates. I didn't realize it was already open.

Sheila

Perl04A

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never been to this resort or area. What things are there to do?

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Gatlinburg last fall for the first time. We definitely want to return. The National Park is wonderful. We went to some shows in Pigeon Forge and Dollywood, but the highlight was the national park! Take time to walk, do the drives -- and just enjoy nature.

Tom52

TUG Member
Reaction score
sfwilshire said:
They must be farther along than I realized on the Crown Park Resort. It came up as available in RCI Points for this Spring. I think it was for May dates. I didn't realize it was already open.

Sheila

I was in Gatlinburg over last Christmas. The first building at Crown Park was built right next door to Gatlinburg Town Square phase 1 building, it was fairly far along at that time. I think it is also 6 stories and a little taller than the GTS phase 1 building. I think it is supposed to be open starting in June, but I am not sure about that date. The view, or lack of one, didn't bother me in my decision to purchase at GTS. The location is what I wanted.

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the response.

Does anyone have any current photos of this resort?

Dave

breezylawn

Reaction score
:rolleyes: We enjoyed our visit in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, but would not care to return. We went for the view cause staying in town is loud, noisy and congested. There are the ususal things to do in town, but we felt the whole town reminded us of Kissimmee....We did tour Cades Creek, I think it was called....we were not impressed by anything other than beautiful scenery.