• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free resort accommodation certificate with exchange at interval international

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received this email today.

Amazing deals coming all month long. You deserve it.

Starting today, exchange and you'll get a Resort Accommodations Certificate for an additional seven-night resort stay at a choice of one of our many exciting destinations.

Don't miss out on this incredible offer! You'll have up to a year after your Resort Accommodations Certificate is issued to travel. Act fast, this offer ends Sunday, August 11th!

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
I also received this email, this promotion seems to run frequently. It seems the AC received for a deposit 'pulls more inventory' than the freebie ACs ... at least that has been my experience.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also received this email, this promotion seems to run frequently. It seems the AC received for a deposit 'pulls more inventory' than the freebie ACs ... at least that has been my experience.
this is an AC for doing an exchange, not the one that turns up for no reason.
I think these have similar inventory to the ones for a deposit, but who knows, it could all be different!!!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
this is an AC for doing an exchange, not the one that turns up for no reason.
I think these have similar inventory to the ones for a deposit, but who knows, it could all be different!!!
These promo type ACs tend to also be limited to Flexchange only.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
These promo type ACs tend to also be limited to Flexchange only.
Can be, but not the ones I've got for depositing or exchanging previously. Did the ones you refer to specifically state the 60 day limit in the Terms and Conditions?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I don't have an offer for my Sheraton weeks, not that I will need such an offer after depositing 15 weeks into II. Rentals were bad for 2024, even in Myrtle Beach. I am thinking of booking a few weeks and going again, just the two of us. We just went in June.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Can be, but not the ones I've got for depositing or exchanging previously. Did the ones you refer to specifically state the 60 day limit in the Terms and Conditions?
I recall only getting one for exchanging in the past and it was only good inside Flexchange. ACs for a deposit and the freebie ones don't have that limitation. It only seems to be promo ones they offer for upgrading membership or confirming an exchnage.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall only getting one for exchanging in the past and it was only good inside Flexchange. ACs for a deposit and the freebie ones don't have that limitation. It only seems to be promo ones they offer for upgrading membership or confirming an exchnage.
Thanks, all mine for exchange and depositing have had no limit to flexchange, seems to vary a lot. I know the getaway ones last year were limited.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks, all mine for exchange and depositing have had no limit to flexchange, seems to vary a lot. I know the getaway ones last year were limited.
Thinking about it now, our AC may have been for booking a getaway and not for confirming an exchange.

fishwithwater

TUG Member
Reaction score
The AC from this promo just dropped into my account and it can see through the expiration of 8/2025, and is the kind that I can place a request. One question, if I place a request using this AC and it never matches, do I get the $349/379 I paid for the exchange back?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The AC from this promo just dropped into my account and it can see through the expiration of 8/2025, and is the kind that I can place a request. One question, if I place a request using this AC and it never matches, do I get the $349/379 I paid for the exchange back?
I have not had to pay in advance for an exchange request with an AC. If I did, I cannot even answer the question because I wouldn't know if I was refunded. I don't think I had to pay until the request was filled.

Don't ask for something outrageous because it won't come through.

The last time I used an AC with great results was when I needed another week on Maui after Covid, 2021, and I was able to get a Westin north studio for $3??+ tax. It was a bargain for a studio at Westin North. Island view, but still a great find. Those were the days.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes you get the exchange fee back.
With the requests, it can be very frustration as the request follows the exclusion rules, so it is very challenging to actually submit a request successfully for many resorts or dates. In addition, it is quite common for dates and resorts that are excluded to be available, so I've given up trying to request and just search manually.
All the best, don't be deterred from trying to request, just know what is happening if it keeps rejecting.

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually had to call them to manually add it. Yes you get the exchange fee back if it goes unmatched.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Colonies at Williamsburg
Are you able to add eplus after a match or exchange with AC, or it’s final like getaways?

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you able to add eplus after a match or exchange with AC, or it’s final like getaways?
No e-plus with ACs.
Its not quite final, as you can sometimes cancel within 24hrs, but that can be hit and miss, if you get the wrong CS agent.

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
No e-plus with ACs.
Its not quite final, as you can sometimes cancel within 24hrs, but that can be hit and miss, if you get the wrong CS agent.
I have never had issues getting a cancellation for anything within 24hrs ii or rci, it should not be hit or miss, you should be able to escalate to customer relations or manager. Sometimes I find tier one reps to be improperly trained like many other companies and require an escalation to the next level, but the cancel within 24 hr rule is solid.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never had issues getting a cancellation for anything within 24hrs ii or rci, it should not be hit or miss, you should be able to escalate to customer relations or manager. Sometimes I find tier one reps to be improperly trained like many other companies and require an escalation to the next level, but the cancel within 24 hr rule is solid.
Thanks, have you been successful in cancelling an II accomodation certificate booking?

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Colonies at Williamsburg
Are you able to cancel getaways within 24 hr?

TravelJoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you able to cancel getaways within 24 hr?
Getaways are a different beast as dioxide points out. I have never had to cancel any as they are generally very last minute with airfare in hand. I suppose that would be up to the rep. I'm sure they could work something given extenuating situations but I would not bank on it.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many days did it take for II to deposit the AC in your account? I'm trying to decide if I need to call about mine. It is been about 3 days since I placed the exchange request.

fishwithwater

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many days did it take for II to deposit the AC in your account? I'm trying to decide if I need to call about mine. It is been about 3 days since I placed the exchange request.
This one was really quick, maybe the day after the request.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I was able to cancel a II getaway about a half day after I made it. The rep said they usually don't do this. Currently, II has sent us an email telling us we have a certificate but I would have to renew my account to use it.

Bill