• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairfield Nashville!! Yay!

nursetanya1973

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just confirmed a 2BR for Nashville for the week of June 25th this year. It was on my list of possible choices and was the first one to come through.

We have been to Nashville once, without kids, and that was when Opryland was still open. Not sure what all we should do. We have done the General Jackson and went to New Orlean's Manor for a very special seafood dinner. Now what?

I, and the kids, love country music, husband hates it. I plan to do GOO, hoping that by some miracle Pam Tillis will be there that week (the Tuesday schedule that week is open).

The kids are 7 & 8. Anyone have suggestions? How is the backstage tour of GOO?

Thanks!
Tanya

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Jenny will be there starting 7/30 for her annual Grils Week Out, when all the girls in her family, from 2 to 72 go there.

Her sister is the Director of Operations at the GOO. Because she works a bajillion hours a week and never takes a vacation, the girls go to her once or twice a year.

wdaveo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! We are going the week of July 4th...I am looking forward to the festivities.

JLB...does GOO usually have anything special that week?

Dawn

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Tanya,

Since you are a county music fan, you'll appreciate this. My son was in an All-State Choir last week with a Friday night concert in Nashville. We were pleased to see Ricky Skaggs in the audience. His son sang in one of the three choirs.

Unfortunately, he left after his son performed and missed the opporuntunity to watch my son. :) My husband gave him the benefit of the doubt and said maybe he had to perform that night and didn't just leave because he couldn't be bothered to watch the other two groups.

Sheila

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
nursetanya1973 said:
I plan to do GOO, hoping that by some miracle Pam Tillis will be there that week (the Tuesday schedule that week is open).
Wish you luck with seeing Pam Tillis. We saw her in a venue that was an old middle school auditorium a couple years back. There were only, maybe, 200 people there, at the most. It was like she was playing to us in our den. Afterwards she signed autographs for everyone. It was great!

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
We had friends here the last couple of days, Fairfield owners. Jenny and they were talking about Fairfield Nashville and they said they had never been there.

Then Jenny said something I hadn't heard before. She said they really need to update, that the units aren't anywhere near as nice as the Fairfields here in Branson.

http://www.opry.com/

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordopryland/

http://www.ryman.com/

https://www.fairfieldresorts.com/ffr/resort/search.do

http://www.epinions.com/Fairfield___Nashville_TN_37214_United_States

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...-Fairfield_Nashville-Nashville_Tennessee.html

wdaveo said:
Congrats! We are going the week of July 4th...I am looking forward to the festivities.

JLB...does GOO usually have anything special that week?

Dawn

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Fairfield Nashville in March and the units were fine. The furnishings weren't new but everything was functional and we had no problems. The staff there were all very helpful and courteous. They have a lot of activities offered there, some free and others at reasonable prices. We saw Pam Tillis and Lonestar at the GOO along with several other performers. We had a great time.
Bernie

nursetanya1973

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see that Terri Clark will be there the week we will be. There is also a Star Spangled Tribute on the 1st and the 4th. Only thing I didn't realize was how much the tickets are. $50/person is a little steep when you consider that my kids are so young and my husband hates country music.

I told my husband we may have to do the TS presentation for tickets. If we only get 2 tickets I will take my daughter and my son and husband can stay at the resort.

We will also be there during Play Days, so I am curious what they will have going on at that time.

I definately want to do the GOO backstage tour. Still hoping that Pam Tillis will be there the Friday we are there as it is not booked yet. I wish they listed which stars, if any, will be there for the Star Spangled Tribute.

As far as the units go, my husband has only seen a pretty rundown unit in Cape Cod, so I am sure Nashville will be an improvement. I have been in a slightly greater variety and I am not very picky. Although as an owner I might be a little disappointed in the way our money is spent.

nursetanya1973

TUG Member
Reaction score
sfwilshire said:
Tanya,

We were pleased to see Ricky Skaggs in the audience. His son sang in one of the three choirs.

Sheila

I am so jealous. I did meet Keith Urban once, I got razor burn from him kissing my cheek. Wow! He is very hot! And his music is good, too. I saw Keith at Walmart, entered a contest for backstage passes, and stupidly entered my husbands name as well. When the radio station called to give him the backstage passes, I was taking my son to the doctor. My husband turned down the tickets because they were for that night, and our son was sick (I think he had an ear infection). :(

My mother has still not forgiven him, but they wanted to put him right on the radio to accept them and he didn't even know who Keith or the radio station was.

I'm thinking that Keith won't be meeting and greeting in any more Walmarts for a while. ;)

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will love Nashvilee!!! Kelli keeps wanting to go back!! Good luck with Pam Tillis, Kelli has had her pic made with her at least 3 times. She's a big fan and Pam is very nice to her fans.

For fun, take the Mystery Tour on I believe Wed with Tootsie's tours. Try to go with Tommy. Also a unusual tour is the one that goes to the graveyard where all the country stars are buried. Also good, is the one of the country stars house. I have tons of pics of my Nashville trip if you want to see them.

A great meal is at Monell's. Great home cooking!! The Ryman is fun and at their age I bet they'd like the zoo. They have a nice one there. Shaggy

nursetanya1973

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those sound like great ideas, Thanks! Thanks for the links as well. Even though I am excited, this was not my first choice for this year. We were planning a more rustic vacation with hiking, waterskiing and horseback riding. We will still do some of that, but we were planning on getting a resort that had those elements onsight. This was the resort that came through and it was on my list, so off we go.

I am getting more excited. I am wondering if we can get GOO tickets from the resort for sitting through the presentation? If so, would we only get them for the adults?

Tanya

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, fine is likely a good description.

In our last house, before we moved to the lake, we had a lot of fine furniture. I occurs to me that I don't see it around any more. ;)

Bernie8245 said:
We were at Fairfield Nashville in March and the units were fine.