• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairfield Nashville in May

Banker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just reserved a one bedroom at Fairfield Nashville for one week starting Saturday May 19th. Hopefully the weather will be good. My husband and I will be going. I would love my 81 year old Mother to join us, but the resort did not have a two bedroom available. I am not too sure that the sleep sofa would be comfortable enough for her. My uncle lives in a place called Old Hickory, TN and hopefully that is not too far from where we will be so that I can visit him there for a day or two. We do not have children. Neither of us are country music fans, but I do love to shop, not the husband though.

misterb

TUG Member
Reaction score
i also am going too be there the week of may 19th..both my wife and i are also not country music fans..we have no kids...we are in our mid 40's..this will be our 1st time too nashville...also hoping theres lots too entertain us for the week...

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Fairfield Nashville and things to do there are a fairly frequent topic of discussion. If you will use the Search feature, you can locate those threads and get some suggestions.

Shopping-wise, Opry Mills is right there, as is the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, the Grand Ole Opry, etc.

teachingmyown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just reserved a one bedroom at Fairfield Nashville for one week starting Saturday May 19th. Hopefully the weather will be good. My husband and I will be going. I would love my 81 year old Mother to join us, but the resort did not have a two bedroom available. I am not too sure that the sleep sofa would be comfortable enough for her. My uncle lives in a place called Old Hickory, TN and hopefully that is not too far from where we will be so that I can visit him there for a day or two. We do not have children. Neither of us are country music fans, but I do love to shop, not the husband though.

May is a great time to come to Nashville! You'll find plenty to do...look back a couple of weeks or so in this thread (search for "teachingmyown") and you'll find a post I made in response to another Tugger destined for my hometown with a great list of area attractions to begin with. I can add to it if I know your specific interests. It is not necessary to have children or be country music enthusiasts to enjoy middle TN.

Old Hickory isn't far at all from the Fairfield resort. I'd guess maybe an easy 15-20 min trip, but it does depend somewhat on just where in Old Hickory he is. It (the OH community) wraps around a lake and so has unexpectedly ragged borders.

And just to play "devil's advocate", maybe you could consider giving mom the master and you and hubby take the sleeper...? :zzz:

Banker

TUG Member
Reaction score
changed the plans somewhat

We are still coming to Fairfield Nashville May 19th but my husband decided to come back Friday the 25th instead of Sat the 26th. So, I decided to call RCI to change this since for this trip we are using points, not weeks. They said no problem, and guess what, suddenly they had a two bedroom available which they did not have initially! They said it sleeps eight and is a lockout. So I reserved this and now my mom can have her own unit and more privacy also. Oh, and the part of Old Hickory, TN where my uncle lives is on Woodland Farms Ct and his zip is 37138. The house was only built in the last year or two or three. I am in my early 50's and my husband is in his 60's.

teachingmyown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ok, from Fairfield to your uncle's you're talking less than 15 miles, probably around 25-30 minutes because of traffic, a bit of construction, and unfamiliarity with the route. He lives in a beautiful neighborhood!

As for activities, I dug up that list of suggestions I mentioned and will include it here. You may also want to consider a day trip down to Lynchburg and eating at Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House. They draw visitors from around the world for their true southern cooking and genteel hospitality.

Other day trip options include Mammoth Cave Park in Kentucky, Huntsville Space and Rocket Center, Shiloh Battlefield, Chattanooga...Rock City, Lookout Mountain, the Aquarium, Ruby Falls, etc.

Here's the list I offered in the other thread:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39852...
It (the Opryland Hotel, next door to the Fairfield) is simply HUGE! But it is beautiful. In fact, it is a destination itself. While in Nashville, consider a ride on one of the river boats, either the Belle Carol or the General Jackson...the General if it will fit your schedule. June should be great weather for such an excursion.

A visit to the Parthenon (Centennial Park) is very cool. The 42' tall gold plated statue of Athena is worth seeing, especially if you are able to arrange a tour guide who can fill you in on all the tidbits surrounding her.

... "a couple" of days in Nashville just won't be enough. There is simply too much to consider. For example...
Do you want to do history? The Hermitage, The Battle of Franklin, The Timeline at Bicentennial Park, Belle Meade, Fort Nashboro, the Civil Rights Room at the Downtown Library...
Do you want to do Country music? The Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, Country Music Hall of Fame, Stars' Homes Tours...
Outdoor/Sports activities? Nashville Shores Water Park, Shelby Bottoms Greenway (bicycle path), golf courses, Two Rivers Skateboard Park, Wave Country, minigolf...
Cultural? Frist Arts Center, Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Cheekwood Gallery and Gardens, Tennessee Performing Arts Center, Concerts in the Park...
Touristy? Gibson Guitar at OpryMills Mall, The Cowboy Church, 2nd Avenue, Printer's Alley...
Professional Sports? The Nashville Sounds (we also have the Predators the Titans, and the Kats but I don't know that those teams offer anything while you'll be here)
Leisure time?fishing, boating on the lakes, driving the Natchez Trace, walking in the parks, taking the walking tour around town...

The list goes on...this only scratches the surface and I didn't even mention the special events held throughout the summer.

Restaurants...A Southern Favorite is Cracker Barrel. You can have breakfast there all day as well as other "good eats". Beef Stew and Biscuits, Pork Chops and Fried Apples, Catfish and Hushpuppies or Country Ham w/ Red Eye Gravy. YUM!!!

Monell's is a local favorite as well. (Ask Shaggy about Monell's...she LOVED it!) Despite their name, they serve great Southern cooking, family style so even if you come in alone, you'll leave with new friends. It's a one-price place so come HUNGRY!!!​