• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Experience with Interval International Travel Insurance (Allianz Global) and Marriott Vacation Club Vacation

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what experience people have had making a claim with Allianz Global for an Interval International vacation, of a Marriott to Marriott exchange. We had an exchange that we had to cancel (due to sudden illness and hospitalization), we lost our week and airfare.

Any hints for managing Allianz CLAIMS process would be appreciated.

Do you know how Allianz arrived at the value of your week?

Other than the obvious, exchange week, airfare, did you claim any other expenses?

Thank you.

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
To follow-up on my post, our experience with Interval International's travel insurance company, Allianz Global Assistance, was horrendous. Ironically, many airlines sell Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance, on their website, when you make a reservation at an airlines website.

Our experience with Allianz Global Assistance was beyond description - BAD. I will never again purchase travel insurance from Allianz Global Assistance.

Allianz Global Assistance is a third-party, brokering insurance. They are very sketchy, in my opinion. The claims process with Allianz Global Assistance was a nightmare, and they have refused to cover the maintenace fee for the week that we exchanged, even though they and Interval International represented that coverage.

For a seemingly accurate account of Allianz Global Assistance, have a look at their Yelp reviews: Allianz Global Assistance, Richmond, Virginia

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
To follow-up on my post, our experience with Interval International's travel insurance company, Allianz Global Assistance, was horrendous. Ironically, many airlines sell Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance, on their website, when you make a reservation at an airlines website.

Our experience with Allianz Global Assistance was beyond description - BAD. I will never again purchase travel insurance from Allianz Global Assistance.

Allianz Global Assistance is a third-party, brokering insurance. They are very sketchy, in my opinion. The claims process with Allianz Global Assistance was a nightmare, and they have refused to cover the maintenace fee for the week that we exchanged, even though they and Interval International represented that coverage.

For a seemingly accurate account of Allianz Global Assistance, have a look at their Yelp reviews: Allianz Global Assistance, Richmond, Virginia
Never used them for a timeshare. Heard bad reviews from family trying to settle with them during covid. I simply buy refundable airfare high isn’t much more and easier to work with.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with Allianz claim process twice. They were not through II or MVC. First time, I bought the insurance directly through Allianz and it was a small claim and it was fairly painless. The second time, it was through Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. Allianz was their claims adjuster. It was a large claim and very painful as they kept asking for more and more documentation, even they were already submitted to them before. They finally paid out the full claim after about 6 months but it took alot of perserverance on my part.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
We had their coverage on a Hawaii trip that got somewhat derailed by health issues. I filed a claim about medical stuff, delays and so on. They called and said you're only claiming the small stuff ($200 or so) to which I said we're just claiming out of pocket expenses per policy (max per policy was $400.00).
I later received a check for the full $400.00.
Happy with them :)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I purchased an Interval Getaway and added Alliance insurance. Wife had a medical event, had to cancel. I sent in documentation from hospital stay and Dr note that she could not travel, full amount of Getaway cost was refunded.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
Alliance Travel Insurance - I signed up to cover a transaction and then read the policy. The coverage was terrible in relation to the insurance through vacation club. I cancelled and received a prompt refund. Just read these policies.......

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
In 2020, when we needed to cancel a trip to Marco Island Crystal Shores due to my wife testing positive for Covid days before the trip. We had the Travelex Insurance (Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance) through MVC. We got back every dollar of the maintenance fees we paid for the points used for this trip during Christmas week! They could not have been easier or more helpful to deal with.

sandra kraft

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2020, when we needed to cancel a trip to Marco Island Crystal Shores due to my wife testing positive for Covid days before the trip. We had the Travelex Insurance (Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance) through MVC. We got back every dollar of the maintenance fees we paid for the points used for this trip during Christmas week! They could not have been easier or more helpful to deal with.
My experience with them has been beyond terrible. Although not travel insurance, I would personally never do business with them again.