• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging blue week

ocowner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious, and probably a stretch...but has anyone ever used RCI to pull Hilton Head in the summer with a blue deposit (say maybe another east coast beach week?)

And, would anyone care to share their exchange experiences using a blue beach week?

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have not tried to get into HHI, but I can tell you that location of the blue week plays a big factor in where you can go.
In 1987, we bought a blue one bedroom at Sands Ocean Club in Myrtle Beach. Since my wife in a teacher, most of our trades have to be in the summer. Here's some of our exchanges for the first several years.
1988 Sutherland Crossing, Crystal Beach FL.
1989 Sky Valley Resort, GA
1990 Vistana Resort, Orlando
1992 Oak and Spruce, S. Lee, Mass.
1993 FF Kingsgate, Williamsburg, VA
In 1996, we bought a second TS and I didn't keep track of which one was used to go where after that, sorry.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'd guess that only if the resort system has some kind of internal exchange priority (say, a VRI resort) would that work for you if you're trying ongoing search. I have a hard enough time getting HHI summer weeks using a red tiger trader banked two years in advance. Using blue you'd have to luck into somebody cancelling at last minute and you getting their cancelled exchange. So keep your options open and good luck! :hi:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
There have been times that summer HHI was offered as cheap RCI auctions on SkyAuction, at a choice of a number of resorts. I haven't been looking at those auctions lately, however.

I would suspect that a handful of resorts in places like France and Italy might have blue weeks with the trading power to pull things like summer HHI at least at the lesser resorts, but there wouldn't be many. There might also be a ''super blue'' like Thanksgiving somewhere that might also do it.

ocowner

TUG Member
Reaction score
...and I'm assuming the same would be true for Myrtle Beach, or even more difficult on the OBX, correct?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carol C said:
I'd guess that only if the resort system has some kind of internal exchange priority (say, a VRI resort) would that work for you if you're trying ongoing search. I have a hard enough time getting HHI summer weeks using a red tiger trader banked two years in advance. Using blue you'd have to luck into somebody cancelling at last minute and you getting their cancelled exchange. So keep your options open and good luck! :hi:
VRI priority works only for the same color season or lower. So, blue VRI weeks only have prority for other blue weeks, not for red weeks like summer HHI.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen Hilton Head in summer with my red week....

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
mbender10 said:
...and I'm assuming the same would be true for Myrtle Beach, or even more difficult on the OBX, correct?

A Thanksgiving OBX blue week will pull some early June and late August on east coast beach resorts if deposited a year out, according to a friend who owns and trades one. I would be surprised if any others would.

I have pulled HHI in summer with SA red weeks, but not the best resorts.

ocowner

TUG Member
Reaction score
and how will they do pulling April/May or Sept/Oct. in MB or HHI?

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used a blue week to get points, and then used the points to pull HHI. But I don't believe that your question related to a points conversion of the blue weeks.

However, that is one way to do it.