• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Estoppel Question

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if monthly assessment charges quoted on the estoppel provided from Wyndham during the transfer of a contract/property from one person to another includes the program fee or is it without the program fee? I know this question is better suited for LT Transfers, but they are closed today, and I am sure someone here knows.

Thanks!

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
Does anyone know if monthly assessment charges quoted on the estoppel provided from Wyndham during the transfer of a contract/property from one person to another includes the program fee or is it without the program fee? I know this question is better suited for LT Transfers, but they are closed today, and I am sure someone here knows.

Thanks!
The one I received in 2014 does not include the program fee. However the two I received in 2017 did include the program fee.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one I received in 2014 does not include the program fee. However the two I received in 2017 did include the program fee.
Thanks. Wonder what it is now. I guess I can call and ask ! Thanks.

Lsfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham ("Prefer Hawaii")
Hi -

I'm in the process of (trying) to sell several Club Wyndham contracts. The estoppel letters we received have a different amount for maintenance fees than does our 2023 Annual Summary letter for these contracts. [And, to be sure, what we are being billed by Wyndham agrees with the 2023 Annual Summary.] The estoppel letter MF quote is about 10% greater than the annual summary letter.

While I've made an inquiry with Title Service asking for clarification I thought I would inquire here: has anyone else run into this? And, if so, can they clarify for me why the difference?

Thanks much!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I kind of wonder wtf is going on with Wyndham's estoppels, in my (very limited) recent experience of seeing them. A few months ago, someone on FB posted an estoppel for Midtown 45 that was clearly incorrect that they'd received from an eBay seller - it was basically half the expected MFs. And I just received an estoppel (generated in December 2022) for a free EOY even points contract that states that it's biennial even years, has full points available for 2023, and zero points available for 2024. It was so perplexing that I got hold of the current owners' deed from the county, and indeed it confirms a biennial even contract. So we'll see what happens when it eventually transfers (it's free and the MFs are good so I will roll with whatever happens).

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I kind of wonder wtf is going on with Wyndham's estoppels, in my (very limited) recent experience of seeing them. A few months ago, someone on FB posted an estoppel for Midtown 45 that was clearly incorrect that they'd received from an eBay seller - it was basically half the expected MFs. And I just received an estoppel (generated in December 2022) for a free EOY even points contract that states that it's biennial even years, has full points available for 2023, and zero points available for 2024. It was so perplexing that I got hold of the current owners' deed from the county, and indeed it confirms a biennial even contract. So we'll see what happens when it eventually transfers (it's free and the MFs are good so I will roll with whatever happens).

That's awful! Seems that whenever there's a conflict between Wyndham and anyone else, it's best to put your money on anyone else.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If the maintenance fee figures on the estoppels from Wyndham are incorrect as often as it seems to be happening then what are the chances the estoppels are just as frequently in error that the maintenance fees are paid up to date and there aren't any loans or liens? Although we do know that Wyndham won't complete the transfer if there are any unpaid balances.

Fair warning, there's zero percent chance Wyndham will accept any responsibility In the matter.

The seller/owner and the buyer would have proceeded in good faith that the information provided in the estoppel was accurate and correct. If the seller/owner accepted payment by credit card or PayPal the buyer will have recourse if there is an unpaid balance and the seller/owner won't pay it.

If the amount of the monthly/annual maintenance fees quoted in the estoppel is only slightly off it's not worth the buyer wanting out of the sale. Has anyone seen instances that the quoted amounts were wildly off and not in the good way? The only instance I remember is when the estoppel was two years old and didn't include the program fee. It still wasn't a bad deal for the buyer just not as good as they were led to believe.

Lsfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi -

I'm in the process of (trying) to sell several Club Wyndham contracts. The estoppel letters we received have a different amount for maintenance fees than does our 2023 Annual Summary letter for these contracts. [And, to be sure, what we are being billed by Wyndham agrees with the 2023 Annual Summary.] The estoppel letter MF quote is about 10% greater than the annual summary letter.

While I've made an inquiry with Title Service asking for clarification I thought I would inquire here: has anyone else run into this? And, if so, can they clarify for me why the difference?

Thanks much!
On travel now, but wanted to share an update from earlier in the week.

Spoke on phone to someone from title services. They claimed estoppel should have exactly the same numbers as were on the annual summary. Suggested I email title services back the estoppels and scan copy of annual summary and ask for clarification. This I have done. Waiting for response.

Lsfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On travel now, but wanted to share an update from earlier in the week.

Spoke on phone to someone from title services. They claimed estoppel should have exactly the same numbers as were on the annual summary. Suggested I email title services back the estoppels and scan copy of annual summary and ask for clarification. This I have done. Waiting for response.
New estoppel letters arrived. They now agree with what was in our annual summary statement.

Pro-tip! When selling your Wyndham timeshare warn buyers first set of estoppels from Wyndham may be wrong, but you’ll re-request to get them right!

Lsfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Y
New estoppel letters arrived. They now agree with what was in our annual summary statement.

Pro-tip! When selling your Wyndham timeshare warn buyers first set of estoppels from Wyndham may be wrong, but you’ll re-request to get them right!
Yes, I know that’s hardly reassuring: the alternative is that they might decide to walk, claiming you “misrepresented” the MF or available points, etc.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
And I just received an estoppel (generated in December 2022) for a free EOY even points contract that states that it's biennial even years, has full points available for 2023, and zero points available for 2024. It was so perplexing that I got hold of the current owners' deed from the county, and indeed it confirms a biennial even contract. So we'll see what happens when it eventually transfers (it's free and the MFs are good so I will roll with whatever happens).
Just to follow up on this one, when the contract transferred it was indeed an even year contract. Zero points transferred for 2023, full points transferred for 2024 - just as I would have expected had I not seen the estoppel that stated the opposite. :ponder: