• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Eskimo Candy Cafe on Maui Closing

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Closing January 27th. We were looking forward to returning. This came up on our Maui Schooner Facebook page.

Screenshot_20230110_183944_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230110_183956_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230110_184006_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Noooooo. We loved that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Oh no! I was planning on going there on our trip in March.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Oh no! I was planning on going there on our trip in March.

One of the reasons I posted it. I know this place has come up in a few threads over the last few months.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
It is a shame that the owners didn't decide to sell/lease/rent the restaurant business to a 3rd party. After all, the building, equipment and clientele all have resale value. To start a new restaurant is expensive and it takes quite a while to become profitable. Taking over a turnkey business could be a win-win-win (owner - buyer - customers).

Perhaps the owner tried to sell it but couldn't find a suitable buyer...

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
It is a shame that the owners didn't decide to sell/lease/rent the restaurant business to a 3rd party. After all, the building, equipment and clientele all have resale value. To start a new restaurant is expensive and it takes quite a while to become profitable. Taking over a turnkey business could be a win-win-win (owner - buyer - customers).

Perhaps the owner tried to sell it but couldn't find a suitable buyer...
Have you been there? I hadn't yet, but when I looked at pictures it doesn't look like a booming location. What I mean is it's off the beaten track, it looks more like a food truck with picnic tables. I think a lot of people bought the food and took it elsewhere to eat. I'm not sure how desirable a location or set it might me.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I have not been there, but since they are keeping the wholesale food business, it maybe there was not really an option to sell the cafe, if they they are co-located.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Have you been there? I hadn't yet, but when I looked at pictures it doesn't look like a booming location. What I mean is it's off the beaten track, it looks more like a food truck with picnic tables. I think a lot of people bought the food and took it elsewhere to eat. I'm not sure how desirable a location or set it might me.
@Luanne , perhaps you're right. I saw this picture on the internet:
1673578347030.png