• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enrollment of week pending transfer

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Hello Tugg experts.

I am trying to enroll 3 weeks via purchasing a Spain week. My last resale a 3 bedroom gold seafront week at Playa Andalusia has not been transferred yet. I was told it cannot be in the contract but they can delay closing so that it can be added. Has anyone gone thru this?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They made me a similar offer before, delay closing so that I can get a resale week through. I wasn't interested in buying from them so it was a moot point. Make sure that they document all of these before both sides sign off on the purchase.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
They made me a similar offer before, delay closing so that I can get a resale week through. I wasn't interested in buying from them so it was a moot point. Make sure that they document all of these before both sides sign off on the purchase.
I am apprehensive and don’t think I will do it unless I see that it’s been done before and the transfer was added. Not sure where they would document it as it cannot be on the contract.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am apprehensive and don’t think I will do it unless I see that it’s been done before and the transfer was added. Not sure where they would document it as it cannot be on the contract.
It has to be stated on the contract or an addendum and signed by all parties, as word of mouth is worthless.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tugg experts.

I am trying to enroll 3 weeks via purchasing a Spain week. My last resale a 3 bedroom gold seafront week at Playa Andalusia has not been transferred yet. I was told it cannot be in the contract but they can delay closing so that it can be added. Has anyone gone thru this?
I've been told the same by a trusted contact in the past. I think the limitation was 180 days IIRC. Something he said a few months ago made me think this was less of an option but if it's in the contract and you haven't closed, worst case scenario is you just cancel the agreement.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I've been told the same by a trusted contact in the past. I think the limitation was 180 days IIRC. Something he said a few months ago made me think this was less of an option but if it's in the contract and you haven't closed, worst case scenario is you just cancel the agreement.
It will not be in the contract so i refused the deal. He said they would make an addendum to include the 3rd resale when it got into my account.
The price was to enroll 3 weeks and I was not going to do it without the 3rd resale.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It will not be in the contract so i refused the deal. He said they would make an addendum to include the 3rd resale when it got into my account.
The price was to enroll 3 weeks and I was not going to do it without the 3rd resale.
I agree with you. The addendum needs to be made now and not later. There is nothing to stop them from denying ever indicating that they would add the addendum to include the 3rd resale after it got into your account.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I agree with you. The addendum needs to be made now and not later. There is nothing to stop them from denying ever indicating that they would add the addendum to include the 3rd resale after it got into your account.
That cannot be done either . So I passed on the sale.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I did this when I enrolled a bunch of weeks with Dean's contact at Aruba. There was no addendum but he did verify it in an email to me.

He explained that there was no way to add it to contract back then but assured me it would be done. Dean assured me his contact is straight shooter. With those assurances and an email that said week would be enrolled I went ahead with deal.

Everything went as gentleman promised and I am very happy. Everything went as he said, even though it took longer for my last resale week to be added to my account. When my resale week was finally added to my account, I emailed him and it was enrolled in a week.

Gentleman at Aruba is a straight shooter and I would not hesitate to do business with him again. He is definitely a very rare person in this field of timeshare salespeople.

On another note, I got months of run a round from MVC in San Fran years ago to get my weeks enrolled from another purchase. It took about 5 months and calls to Salt Lake City office to get rest of weeks enrolled, but it was done finally. A few weeks ago, at MVC pulse in San Diego, we had to attend a presentation for the Journey concert package. Guess who walked in to try to close me on a purchase? The same sales weasel manager that assured me he would be getting my weeks enrolled at San Fran years ago. I had some choice words for this weasel.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I did this when I enrolled a bunch of weeks with Dean's contact at Aruba. There was no addendum but he did verify it in an email to me.

He explained that there was no way to add it to contract back then but assured me it would be done. Dean assured me his contact is straight shooter. With those assurances and an email that said week would be enrolled I went ahead with deal.

Everything went as gentleman promised and I am very happy. Everything went as he said, even though it took longer for my last resale week to be added to my account. When my resale week was finally added to my account, I emailed him and it was enrolled in a week.

Gentleman at Aruba is a straight shooter and I would not hesitate to do business with him again. He is definitely a very rare person in this field of timeshare salespeople.

On another note, I got months of run a round from MVC in San Fran years ago to get my weeks enrolled from another purchase. It took about 5 months and calls to Salt Lake City office to get rest of weeks enrolled, but it was done finally. A few weeks ago, at MVC pulse in San Diego, we had to attend a presentation for the Journey concert package. Guess who walked in to try to close me on a purchase? The same sales weasel manager that assured me he would be getting my weeks enrolled at San Fran years ago. I had some choice words for this weasel.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Omg it’s good to have this testimony !! Thank you . This is also a contact from Dean and Gemini Chica as they gave me the same contact.

igopogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll just jump on the Aruba bandwagon. I’ve done three enrollments with Dean’s contact. I’m always freaked out but everything has gone perfectly and he’s a good guy.

I handwrite a note on the understandings page that the enrollment is part of the deal before I sign it, and no one has complained. But I think the email and texts from Deans contact are sufficient.

It would save a lot of grief if Marriott would just make a form that gets attached to the agreements