• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Encore Package - Elite Night Credit

SGould

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you stay at a resort with an Encore Package do you get elite night credits like you timeshare stay?

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
you are not supposed to (it's not a "qualifying rate"), but YMMV...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Generally no. They also don't usually include free parking in places like Hawaii where there is a daily charge to cash guests for parking. They are not the same as timeshare ownership (home resort, exchange) bookings.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
We just completed a 5-night Encore Package stay at WKORV. Our checkout day was 2/11/23. In my Marriott Bonvoy Activity it shows up as a one-night stay 2/11-2/11 with the correct points earned for the incidentals and the Elite member check-in bonus points. However, my annual elite night stay total increased by one night which corresponds to this Encore Package stay. I knew the stated T&C and was expecting to receive no elite night credits for this stay. Anyone know why I would receive one night credit? Anyone else had this happen? Should I give a missing stay request a go at the end of the 10-day wait period (or be happy with one and keep my mouth shut)? You know, gift horses and all...

The disparities and unexpected outcomes in all things with the Marriott name affiliated with them never cease to amaze me!

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We just completed a 5-night Encore Package stay at WKORV. Our checkout day was 2/11/23. In my Marriott Bonvoy Activity it shows up as a one-night stay 2/11-2/11 with the correct points earned for the incidentals and the Elite member check-in bonus points. However, my annual elite night stay total increased by one night which corresponds to this Encore Package stay. I knew the stated T&C and was expecting to receive no elite night credits for this stay. Anyone know why I would receive one night credit? Anyone else had this happen? Should I give a missing stay request a go at the end of the 10-day wait period (or be happy with one and keep my mouth shut)? You know, gift horses and all...

The disparities and unexpected outcomes in all things with the Marriott name affiliated with them never cease to amaze me!
Did the one elite night stay perhaps come from Bonvoy credit card spending or something else?

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
Did the one elite night stay perhaps come from Bonvoy credit card spending or something else?
shaka Yes, even though I checked that possibility and supposedly checked the math before I posted above, I believe now that one ENC from my Bonvoy Boundless credit card must have shown up right around the same time as the WKORV checkout. :doh:

Not trying to start a new thread in this thread, but as addicted as I am to that Bonvoy Boundless 1 ENC/$5000 feature, I sure wish they had an easy way to track your progress on each $5,000 (short of creating your own tracking spreadsheet)!

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
shaka Yes, even though I checked that possibility and supposedly checked the math before I posted above, I believe now that one ENC from my Bonvoy Boundless credit card must have shown up right around the same time as the WKORV checkout. :doh:

Not trying to start a new thread in this thread, but as addicted as I am to that Bonvoy Boundless 1 ENC/$5000 feature, I sure wish they had an easy way to track your progress on each $5,000 (short of creating your own tracking spreadsheet)!
You can at least see a count of what category elite nights are coming from on the Bonvoy website by going to your activity then clicking the DETAILS link under the count of total elite nights you have. But as you said, no way to see your progress toward each.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
One stay we did get credit for our encore package when we added an SO stay to it. We also got a better location. When we used just the 5 nights we did not get credit and got a parking lot view. To be fair, when we bought the package, the rep warned us that we would get an inferior view

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
One stay we did get credit for our encore package when we added an SO stay to it. We also got a better location. When we used just the 5 nights we did not get credit and got a parking lot view. To be fair, when we bought the package, the rep warned us that we would get an inferior view
This is a good suggestion to increase chances of getting Elite nights or better preference in unit location. Add a stay using points (StarOption or Abound). Just make sure you book the exact same unit type/size. It seems that they combine the reservations into a single one and retain the reservation number from the single night, causing the stay to then qualify for Elite Nights.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
This is a good suggestion to increase chances of getting Elite nights or better preference in unit location. Add a stay using points (StarOption or Abound). Just make sure you book the exact same unit type/size. It seems that they combine the reservations into a single one and retain the reservation number from the single night, causing the stay to then qualify for Elite Nights.
It doesn’t work at Lagunamar; probably because they never automatically give me the Bonvoy credit.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
When I use an Encore package, I always tag it on to the end of an ownership stay. I don't think I've ever gotten elite night credit, but I've also never had to change rooms. In other words, I've gotten to stay in the "good view" room from my ownership stay through the entire stay, including the Encore nights.

I do usually find that my key card stops working after the ownership stay and I have to go to the front desk to get it reprogrammed.

I'm sure it's cheaper for them to keep you in the same room than have to do a full clean and make you change rooms, so while there's no guarantee this will always work out, it usually does for me.