• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Edisto Beach (Ocean Ridge)

rick100

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to go to Edisto Beach next May. My family has never been there. In booking the room it gives me choices as to Bay point, Marsh Point, Sea Oaks, Sea Palms, Fairway Terrace, The Village, Southpoint. Which area would you recommend? My first priority is a recently remodeled unit and then one with a view. Thanks for your help.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Most of the units at Bay Point have a wonderful view of the Edisto River or Big Bay Creek and we love sitting on the balcony watching the dolphins and the boats coming and going. Unless I got a Bay Point unit, i'm not so sure I would go as there is not much on the island to do. The BP unit we had a couple of months ago, had been refurbished but I'm not sure if they all had.
The only other place we stayed there was the Village at Ocean Ridge and they were nice and more modern, no view though except for the pool.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to go to Edisto Beach next May. My family has never been there. In booking the room it gives me choices as to Bay point, Marsh Point, Sea Oaks, Sea Palms, Fairway Terrace, The Village, Southpoint. Which area would you recommend? My first priority is a recently remodeled unit and then one with a view. Thanks for your help.
My wife and I, as well as our children and grandchildren, have been to Edisto (Wyndham Ocean Ridge) annually for several years. We like the slower pace of life and uncrowded beaches. We usually go in May when the weather is not so hot.

We have stayed in all of the sections you mentioned at one time or another. All units in these areas have been remodeled within the past couple years.

The best views are found at Bay Point that overlooks where the ocean meets the inlet waterway. The sunsets from there are incredible! The best units with views at Bay Point are #985, 987, 989, 991, 983 and 981 (2nd floor), or 980, 982, 984, 986, 988, and 990(1st floor).

Bay Point does not have a pool. However, there is one within reasonable walking distance at Marsh Point. Sea Oaks, Sea Palms, and Fairway Terrace have a pool within easy walking distance. The Village and Southpointe have their own pools. You can use any of the pools while staying at Edisto.

Southpointe has 4-bedroom units only (4 BR Deluxe and 4 BR Presidential). They are enormous in size at over 3200 sq ft. The layout is the same for deluxe and presidential. The only difference is the decor.

If you like a lot activity, like Myrtle Beach, then Edisto is probably not for you. However, if you want a "laid back" vacation at the pool and beach, without a big crowd, then Edisto is a good place. And, if you like golf, there is a nice course on the property. If you like fishing, you can rent a boat to take you out for the day (ocean or inlet waterway).

There are about a dozen "mom and pop" type restaurants. We have eaten at all of them many times. There are only a couple that I would categorize as "fine dining" such as Ella and Ollies (on Wyndham property) and The Old Post Office (a few miles out), while the rest are just good solid eating places, mainly serving seafood, but also offering other foods (steak, chicken, pasta, etc.). Plus, there are a couple pizza places as well.

Another thing we like about Edisto; it's less than an hour's drive to Charleston, SC. We usually take a day trip to Charleston to see the sites, attend various festivals, and eat at some really nice restaurants. Or, you can travel south from Edisto to Savannah, Ga. It's less than 1 1/2 hours and there is a lot to see and do there as well.

Another thing I like about Edisto; it doesn't take many points to book a unit compared to other Wyndham resorts.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the comments about Bay Point. Very nice views, easy parking. The Marsh Point pool is very close. A mile away is the main resort pool that has pool parties and kid's activities that were fun. Restaurants were just OK. There was a BI-LO on island last time we went.
One downside about Edisto. Biking is not great. An adult can circle the entire island in 15 minutes. To ride back to the mainland you have to bike over a 1/2 mile, 2 lane bridge over the marsh with a narrow bikepath and lots of traffic going 50 mph less than 3 feet from you. There are some short paths that are off road. Suitable for kids under 12. And a state park at the opposite end of the island where you can ride on sandy paths. $5 fee required per adult, little less for kids.