• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Door County May 27, 2006

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at the Rushes in unit 602 starting May 27, 2006 for the Memorial day week but will have to head back on May 29,2006.

If any of you others are going to be in Door County that week end give us a call and maybe we all could hook up and do something.

I think Rapmarks and her husband will be staying with us.

Bruce:D

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
we will see you thre Bruce. I thought you were going to stay a little longer; I know Judy has to teach the rest of the week. Please get some warmer weather!
Is this unit on the lake?

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pat, yes it is a lake unit.
Bruce :D

jojotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Bruce and Pat,

Joanne here.......I met the both of you a couple of years ago at CMV (I stayed in one of the Timbers). Good to hear you are both still in the area and still vacationing :)

Over Presidents' weekend, my sister and I and our daughters stayed at The Rushes and loved it.......the girls loved the outdoor ice rink and indoor swimming pool, my sister and I loved the real fireplace ;)

My husband and I will be back at CMV (in a Villa this time) over Memorial Day weekend, so I'm sorry to hear we'll be missing you guys this time around. Best of luck on your upcoming travels!!

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember you as a charming lady whos husband had a sore back at that time. I hope his back is now OK and if I remember correctly you had a unit close to Deluxe Timbers number 815. In fact unit 815 was reserved by us for the last and this upcoming 4th of July with our UDI's Bluegreen Points and both times rented out to someone else.

I may be up at CMV this week depending if the weather is good enough to let us drive my 65 Vette up for the big collector car show in the Dells and that someone does not take our unit.

We will not using our week 26 ownership (a fourth of July week) at the Rushes as we rented it out for this year but have traded into the Rushes for Friday Oct 7, 2006 for the fall colors and maybe for some Salmon and Trout fishing.

We really like the uncrowded feeling of the 48 units set on about 100 arces. I was told because of prior zoning aggreements that no more units are allowed to be built at the resort.

There were several reasons why we paid the bucks to get a prime summer fixed week and one was the 1 in 4 rule. We also really enjoy the September- October time period up there.

Maybe we will get to try to sail one of the resorts free Catamoran sailboats next week end.

jojotravel said:
Hello Bruce and Pat,

Joanne here.......I met the both of you a couple of years ago at CMV (I stayed in one of the Timbers). Good to hear you are both still in the area and still vacationing :)

Over Presidents' weekend, my sister and I and our daughters stayed at The Rushes and loved it.......the girls loved the outdoor ice rink and indoor swimming pool, my sister and I loved the real fireplace ;)

My husband and I will be back at CMV (in a Villa this time) over Memorial Day weekend, so I'm sorry to hear we'll be missing you guys this time around. Best of luck on your upcoming travels!!

jojotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey there Bruce,

Oh my gosh how time flies! I forgot about Pat's back--you are totally correct about that (old wound that acts up once in a while), and he was really bumming that golfing was so painful--and affecting his game :) (You are so sweet--thanks for the charming bit!)

Looks as if the weather may be turning in your favor this weekend. It's supposed to be partly cloudy but at least a break in the rain we've had for over a week! I hope you are able to make it to CMV and enjoy the drive in your Vette.

We loved The Rushes in the Winter and can only imagine what it would be like in the Summer and Fall. We were tucked into the woods and absolutely loved the privacy! Maybe in another four years we'll be able to get in there again ;)

Have a great weekend at CMV and Memorial Day at the Rushes--we look forward to seeing you again sometime in our future travels. Take care!!

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well Joanne you are a charming lady.

We own unit 2002 which is a Rushes "Woods" Unit. Seeing that we live on a Lake we really like all of the trees around our Rushes woods unit. We really like all of the fairly thick foliage in the summer and the fall.

IMHO I think that the RCI pictures do not show the real beauty of the Rushes. The units are nice but it would be very hard to beat the resorts setting with its various landscapes.

P.S. I see that we seem to like the same resorts as we both own at the same resort in Florida.

Bruce:D

Last edited:

jojotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce! When did you buy a RCB unit? I don't remember your having that resort in your portfolio the last time we met at CMV! We bought ours in 2000 and would love to hear if you've exchanged it through RCI yet..... We've exchanged it twice and would love to hear how it trades for others.

I wish I remember the unit number we had at the Rushes, but I don't :( I do remember we drove behind the building with the swimming pool and up a hill. We had the first building you would come across, the right side of the "duplex." We were shocked to get our own garage and giggled about it the entire long weekend we were there. That is only the second timeshare we've ever stayed at where you got a garage, and we sure loved it.....and the free firewood for the real fireplace! We would really enjoy going in the Fall--like CMV, the kids would be pretty safe riding their bikes around the resort.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joanne, I enjoyed our "Short";) Phone conversation today. Let me know how due Diligance turns out if you decide to take a close look at some of those :whoopie: options.