• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Don’t miss out - Phantom of the Opera streaming April 18, 2020

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I just watched this and so glad I did. I have seen it live in San Francisco years ago. There is still nothing like a live production, but this was excellent. And if you watch, watch all the way through to the end.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
We watched it this afternoon with the sound bar cranked up and it was great. It's only available until sometime Sunday, so don't miss it.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Watching it now. It's really good. I've seen it on stage four times (I think), so it's great being able to sing along in my head to the great music. :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Watching it now. It's really good. I've seen it on stage four times (I think), so it's great being able to sing along in my head to the great music. :)

Dave
Be sure to watch all the way through to the end.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too...one of my all time faves. The end is special
Looking forward to what's in store for this week.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Watched Friday night on our big-screen over the fireplace, with lights off. Nice!

-----------------------------------
Not to brag, but I was reminded of going to see Eric Clapton in concert at the
Royal Albert Hall, many moons ago.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That ending was great to watch, too. Lots of talent on that stage.

Dave

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watched Friday night on our big-screen over the fireplace, with lights off. Nice!

-----------------------------------
Not to brag, but I was reminded of going to see Eric Clapton in concert at the
Royal Albert Hall, many moons ago.
Me too... I had seen Billy Joel back in 1979.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Me too...one of my all time faves. The end is special
Looking forward to what's in store for this week.
I'm waiting for "Evita".

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I went back and watched the last part again. So wonderful!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's still available, so I watched it yesterday. Thank you for alerting us to this. It was wonderful.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
This week was a program at the Royal Albert Hall in honor of Andrew Lloyd Webber and featured songs from several of his productions.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
This week was a program at the Royal Albert Hall in honor of Andrew Lloyd Webber and featured songs from several of his productions.
It was filmed in 1998 in honor of his 50th birthday.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Was that the production with a stage "in the round," with various people coming and going, performing songs from various ALW productions they were in? (Such as Donny Osmond singing 'Any Dream Will Do" and Elaine Page doing "Memories" and "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina"?) If that's the show, it's really great. I especially liked Bonnie Tyler doing "Tire Tracks and Broken Hearts." Great stuff. I'll have to try and see it again.

Come to think of it, I think I own this on DVD. LOL! :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Was that the production with a stage "in the round," with various people coming and going, performing songs from various ALW productions they were in? (Such as Donny Osmond singing 'Any Dream Will Do" and Elaine Page doing "Memories" and "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina"?) If that's the show, it's really great. I especially liked Bonnie Tyler doing "Tire Tracks and Broken Hearts." Great stuff. I'll have to try and see it again.

Come to think of it, I think I own this on DVD. LOL! :)

Dave
Yes, this was the one. I wasn't sure I was going to watch it, then thought "What else am I doing?". I was looking up who some of the performers were, and then who the original cast members were in some cases. I never know that Judi Dench was supposed to create the role of Grizabella in "Cats" (never think of her as a singer), but due to an injury she had to bow out and Elaine Page did the role instead. Maybe that's why Judi Dench was in the movie (which I didn't see).

Still waiting for "Evita".

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes, this was the one. I wasn't sure I was going to watch it, then thought "What else am I doing?". I was looking up who some of the performers were, and then who the original cast members were in some cases. I never know that Judi Dench was supposed to create the role of Grizabella in "Cats" (never think of her as a singer), but due to an injury she had to bow out and Elaine Page did the role instead. Maybe that's why Judi Dench was in the movie (which I didn't see).

Still waiting for "Evita".

I did see the new Cats movie, and enjoyed it, as a variation on the stage play (which I've also seen a few times.) Judi Dench was great - as Old Deuteronomy - not Grizabella. That part in the movie is played (fantastically, I might add) by Jennifer Hudson. I liked the original film version of the stage play, as I think it more closely followed the Broadway production. This new movie was a nice variation on that and the CGI special effects are great. But it's definitely a different approach. Worth seeing, but quite different.

Evita will be awesome. I own that one on DVD, too. Hmm, come to think of it I own a lot of ALW stuff... I think I must like musical theater. :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I did see the new Cats movie, and enjoyed it, as a variation on the stage play (which I've also seen a few times.) Judi Dench was great - as Old Deuteronomy - not Grizabella. That part in the movie is played (fantastically, I might add) by Jennifer Hudson. I liked the original film version of the stage play, as I think it more closely followed the Broadway production. This new movie was a nice variation on that and the CGI special effects are great. But it's definitely a different approach. Worth seeing, but quite different.

Evita will be awesome. I own that one on DVD, too. Hmm, come to think of it I own a lot of ALW stuff... I think I must like musical theater. :)

Dave
Will you still like me if I tell you that I didn't like "Cats"? Saw it in San Francisco. Dh and I couldn't wait until it ended. The other couple we were with loved it and planned to come back and bring their daughters.

I do love "Evita", saw that twice in San Francisco and also saw "Phantom of the Opera" twice in San Francisco. Those two, and "Jesus Christ Superstar" (not live but the moved and then the John Legend television version) are the only Andrew Lloyd Webber shows I've seen.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Luanne, my friendship with you is way more evolved than whether you liked a stage play with people in fur costumes dressed as animals, crawling around the stage, fighting with each other while they're waiting for an old one to die. I am MUCH more shallow than that. LOL! :D

That's the beauty of live theater - some people like it, others don't. Everybody has a different experience. We saw "Book of Mormon" on Broadway during its initial run, with Andrew Runnels. The experience was really exciting, and I enjoyed myself, but I felt the show was kind of Meh. I'd watch it again, but I wouldn't want to pay that kind of price for tickets to see it again. I saw Wicked the same week, and I've paid to see it in touring productions two times since. That show did, and still does, give me goosebumps. I can't explain why, it just does. :shrug:

Now, seeing The Music Man on Broadway with Hugh Jackman? That is a show I'd gladly pay to see. I can only imagine how great that one will be. :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I love musical theater. Don't see as much as I'd like, especially living where we do now. My first musical was "The Sound of Music" with Florence Henderson in Los Angeles. My grandparents, then my parents, had season tickets. These were the kind of tickets that got handed down generation to generation. I would sometimes get to go when someone in the family didn't want to. I still remember being devastated when my grandmother told me she didn't like "West Side Story", which was my favorite movie, I think I saw it 8 times.

I wasn't wildly impressed with "Wicked" or "Lion King". We saw "Wicked" in San Francisco and "Lion King" on Broadway. My all time favorite musical still is "A Chorus Line". I saw the original Broadway cast when they came to Los Angeles.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think our taste in musical theater is similar. I'm not interested in The Lion King. Never seen it. (Shocker!) But then, A Chorus Line is a show I'd enjoy again, even though I've seen it on stage a number of times. Never seen The Sound of Music live, but I can sing along with the movie like a pro. ;) I've only seen West Side Story on the screen, but agree, it's a great story. Romeo and Juliet for a modern audience.

Anyway, I think I need to go find some Andrew Lloyd Weber show to watch. I'm n the mood now. LOL! :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We only saw The Lion King because it was our first trip to NYC with our daughters. We had seen the movie ad nauseam to the point we could sing along. The staging was great, but not sure we would have gone if it hadn't been for the dds. On that trip we decided to see another show and picked up tickets for "Fiddler on the Roof" with Alfred Molina in the lead. The girls LOVED it. Such a different show than Lion King. And at the time one of the Spiderman movies was out with Alfred Molina playing Doc Octopus. That really impressed them.

I've seen Chorus Line several times as well. Besides seeing the original cast, we saw it in San Francisco when they did the revival and saw that cast.