• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does anyone have a "DP/Abound" II account yet?

sunski

Reaction score
I own both Marriott and Vistana mandatory. I have a corporate account for Marriott via club dues for my enrolled week. I also had a preexisting corporate account for my mandatory Vistana resale week. Now that I have been charged club dues for the Vistana week, I am expecting to have the Vistana corporate account to allow free exchanges. I've gotten many different stories from Vistana, II about the status, the latest being that II is still working on the software to convert the Vistana accounts.
So, I am just curious if anyone has a "club dues" type account with Vistana yet or is everyone just asking for a refund when they make an internal exchange?
TIA

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I check our Vistana II account every now and then to see if the exchange fee is being waived yet, still charging the fees. We don't exchange our Vistana weeks in II as we use them in VSN. I don't know what is taking them so long.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I check our Vistana II account every now and then to see if the exchange fee is being waived yet, still charging the fees. We don't exchange our Vistana weeks in II as we use them in VSN. I don't know what is taking them so long.
Right, it's not like they didn't have all of 2022 to plan for this and make it happen ;)

sunski

Reaction score
I got "abounded" today in II. Coincidentally? Anyone else?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yup, looks like we can trade with points and Vistana to Vistana and Vistana to Marriott now have $0 exchange fee online.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
So does that mean that we can trade our 500 Abound points won via the recent contest winnings via II if we don't see anything in Abound? If so, how would that work? Do we access via our existing Vistana II account and apply Abound points? Can you search without depositing first.

FWIW even though we are enrolled, we will rarely trade our Vistana unit and have no plans to do so. Trying to figure out what we can do with 500 Abound points. :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So does that mean that we can trade our 500 Abound points won via the recent contest winnings via II if we don't see anything in Abound? If so, how would that work? Do we access via our existing Vistana II account and apply Abound points? Can you search without depositing first.

FWIW even though we are enrolled, we will rarely trade our Vistana unit and have no plans to do so. Trying to figure out what we can do with 500 Abound points. :)
I don't think Plus Points can be traded in II and even if they could, the minimum for a trade is 1,000.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yup, looks like we can trade with points and Vistana to Vistana and Vistana to Marriott now have $0 exchange fee online.
Huh, not in my case. I have Abound-enrolled Sheraton Flex and it still shows a $164 exchange fee when I try to do an exchange to Vistana or Marriott using 2023 usage.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Huh, not in my case. I have Abound-enrolled Sheraton Flex and it still shows a $164 exchange fee when I try to do an exchange to Vistana or Marriott.
Here is what I see trading SVV to SVV;
1682368475195.png

And SVV to MGV;
1682368556286.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So you are exchanging weeks. Perhaps they haven't applied it to home options yet.
That is possible. I don't have any HomeOptions to test with.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is possible. I don't have any HomeOptions to test with.
I'll take it working for weeks as a step in the right direction! Guessing they will fix home options soon too. And happy for all the weeks owners for sure! I don't have any exchanges planned to do until summer so they have some time to fix it before I call and whine ;)

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting $0 fees for my Vistana-Vistana and Vistana-Marriott trades in the new "Abound" Vistana account, with my Vistana week. I am glad the website has finally been upgraded.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Good for a couple of nights in a small unit in Tahoe, SF, the Desert
Or a week in Hilton Head in January at Harbour or Sunset Pointe.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As of this morning, they have added the Abound to home options in II and now it shows $0 fee for Vistana & Marriott exchanges using my Sheraton Flex. Whew!

One wonders if their next logical step would be to merge the II corporate accounts for Vistana and Marriott together so all enrolled/VSN eligible ownership can be viewed and used together. It would seem they are part or maybe most of the way there with the current changes.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As of this morning, they have added the Abound to home options in II and now it shows $0 fee for Vistana & Marriott exchanges using my Sheraton Flex. Whew!

One wonders if their next logical step would be to merge the II corporate accounts for Vistana and Marriott together so all enrolled/VSN eligible ownership can be viewed and used together. It would seem they are part or maybe most of the way there with the current changes.
If they merge, it will save my having to pay for 2 platinum II accounts, or in my case, one platinum and one standard and hate to use the standard one to trade and pay for size upgrade. To maximize revenue for II, I bet they won't merge them.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If they merge, it will save my having to pay for 2 platinum II accounts, or in my case, one platinum and one standard and hate to use the standard one to trade and pay for size upgrade. To maximize revenue for II, I bet they won't merge them.
Given that they just made this change, I think it is doubtful they will merge them. Merging them may also cause issues with priority and preference periods when trading within and between the systems. I suspect the cirle is now complete given that they have finally fixed the $0 exchange fee and also added the ability to exchange Abound Club Points through the Vistana corp.

It would be nice if they merged as we are in the same situation as you, our MVC account carries II Platinum but we don't pay for it on the Vistana side as we haven't used it to trade our Vistana weeks as we always use VSN.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Given that they just made this change, I think it is doubtful they will merge them. Merging them may also cause issues with priority and preference periods when trading within and between the systems. I suspect the cirle is now complete given that they have finally fixed the $0 exchange fee and also added the ability to exchange Abound Club Points through the Vistana corp.

It would be nice if they merged as we are in the same situation as you, our MVC account carries II Platinum but we don't pay for it on the Vistana side as we haven't used it to trade our Vistana weeks as we always use VSN.
From an acquisition standpoint, I would think their roadmap after Abound launch would be to continue to bring the administration of the programs closer and closer together to save money by streamlining and consolidating internal processes. That is what acquirers do to wring out value and what shareholders expect. My guess is that they are working towards one unified reservation system platform where ownership from both systems resides in one owner online account and can be transacted upon from there. At that point I feel they would merge corporate II accounts and unify priority periods to apply equally across/to enrolled/VSN eligible ownerships regardless of brand. These are just thoughts that to me fit the logic of what they have said in earnings calls about this vacation initiative they have been working on.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score

I still don't have it, which makes me nervous that something is wrong with my account, seeing as I do have Abound-eligible Sheraton Flex points that have been elected into Abound for 2024 and 2025. At the same time, I realize I am being completely silly, since I fully intend to use those points in Abound and not II.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I still don't have it, which makes me nervous that something is wrong with my account, seeing as I do have Abound-eligible Sheraton Flex points that have been elected into Abound for 2024 and 2025. At the same time, I realize I am being completely silly, since I fully intend to use those points in Abound and not II.
Haha. It's not silly to want to stay ahead of things and make sure they are lined up properly for when you might need them. It is likely a staged rollout given how many owners there are. Keep checking! Here's how mine looks now:

FlexAbound.jpg

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haha. It's not silly to want to stay ahead of things and make sure they are lined up properly for when you might need them. It is likely a staged rollout given how many owners there are. Keep checking! Here's how mine looks now:

View attachment 75955
Finally showed up on my II account, went through the process to check and no exchange fee for VSN/MVC resorts. *sigh of relief*