• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do Wyndham Banked RCI Point Transfer with a Resale

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
Good day all,

I am sure some of you have run into this before. We are under contract to receive some point more points. The seller stated that they had some points associated with the contract at Wyndham this year and some points that are banked at RCI. I know the Wyndham points transfer over. My question is the points that are in RCI, do they transfer over and if so, what do I need to do? In not is there someone to talk to at RCI to look for an exception. There are quite a few points that I would like to save and not just give away to RCI.

Steve

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I believe they do transfer. When we purchased, we found out that we had both Wyndham points credit pooled and point deposits in RCI. Neither were in any of the information we got pre-purchase, and I didn't know about them until I checked my points.

lcml11

Reaction score
Good day all,

I am sure some of you have run into this before. We are under contract to receive some point more points. The seller stated that they had some points associated with the contract at Wyndham this year and some points that are banked at RCI. I know the Wyndham points transfer over. My question is the points that are in RCI, do they transfer over and if so, what do I need to do? In not is there someone to talk to at RCI to look for an exception. There are quite a few points that I would like to save and not just give away to RCI.

Steve

Great question. When I went through the transfer process it was before the points. However, the banked weeks did not transfer unless both parties had a weeks account then RCI would move the weeks between the two accounts. A conference call was made between the owners and/or the person who had power of attorney for one of the owners of record and RCI where both agreed over the phone to the transaction. RCI was made aware that this was the movement of the underlying contracts from the respective estates involved to family members.

You might want to give RCI a call and see if they still are moving things between RCI weeks account holders.

Talked to RCI. The answer is no they will not move things between weeks accounts, a guest pass needs to be used. Ask to speak to a supervisor, I did numerous times to resolve issues related to a transfers of ownership of the underlying contracts. The supervisors appear to have significant authority. RCI sometimes does grant one time waivers to their rules with proper approval. Make clear that this involves a transfer of ownership on the underlying account and is not a re-occurring issue. If a one time waiver is granted, move everything all at once.

Trust me, sometimes it is not worth the savings of the cost of a guest pass, just use guest passes. Also, make clear in the purchase agreement, if not signed already, that the RCI points/weeks go to you.

The other way to try do this is to have the seller put your name on the RCI account and delete their name. Open up your own RCI account when the purchase goes through Wyndham. Then, merge the two accounts. RCI will still merge two accounts that have the same owner's names.

Or, just found this link, do it by the book and walk off with the weeks account with the transfer of the underlying account using this site as the guidance. Good luck. Bets the heck out of the selling party using a guest pass and keeping the use of the weeks.

http://pgs.rci.com/landing/InsideRCI/mta/index.html

I guess the moral of this story is to make sure to ask for screen shots of both the Wyndham Account and the related RCI account and make sure the terms of the sales agreement include transfer of the RCI account along with the transfer of ownership on the underlying Wyndham contact.

Apparently, another trick of the trade would be buy a contract, get the associated RCI account or set up a new one, then get rid of the contract and keep the RCI account for the special pricing benefits of the RCI account. The RCI rental/fees would surely be a great move when dodging the MF is taken into account.

The next thing we may see pop up is buy a re-sale contract from us, the RCI account will be transferred to you. The contract will be subsequently bought back with the buyer keeping the RCI account. Sorry, just a bad joke.

Happy hunting.

Last edited:

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
Thanks for the replies.