• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do I go in person or mail the cancellation letter? Starpoint Resort Group/Sapphire Resorts) Jockey Club Resorts Las Vegas, NV

Bandjk1226

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starpoint Resort Group/Sapphire Resorts) Jockey Club Resorts Las Vegas, NV
Hello. I’m new here. Stupidly believed we were getting a great deal yesterday and after finding this group (thank goodness), realize we were not. I have 5 days from yesterday to rescind/cancel the contract. I can mail it from here or should I go in and cancel it? If I go in, do I go back to where we purchased it, or to the address on the cancellation paper? Thank you for your help!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Send it by USPS Certified. W/return receipt. That way there is a record, and the sales weasels don't get another chance at you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on rescinding, you just saved a fortune!

what do the instructions in the cancellation section of your sales contract specify as your options?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
mail it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
  • Mail it in, no good comes out of going in person.
  • Recommended sending it certified mail (requires them to sign and you get proof of delivery), you don't need return receipt.
  • Also send first class mail (regular stamp $0.66) with Certificate of Mailing ($1.50). This just provides you with something to show a the letter you sent was postmarked on the date you sent it. PS Form 3665

Two letters may seem like overkill, but the first class stamp and certificate of mailing fee is in the event they refuse certified mail. No one has to sign for or accept certified mail. I wouldn't expect timeshare companies to play those games, but an extra $2.16 is nothing when looking at tens of thousands of dollars in future costs of the timeshare.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You do not want to talk to the people that swindled you - either by going in or answering their phone calls.

As said, follow the mailing instructions and "get yourself free" (Paul Simon reference)

Congrats on finding TUG in time. Once you get this done, you may want to consider still purchasing a timeshare resale (paying what it is actually worth, not the inflated developer prices). There is a wealth of information here on TUG. You will find many happy owners in many timeshare systems that enjoy what they own. I know that over the years I have traveled a lot more than i would have without my ownerships - and I am really glad that we did it. I would also say that our many trips over the years have been less expensive because of my timeshare ownerships - but i have spent more money than i would have. My ownerships have not been a financial investment , but an investment in traveling and experiences, fun and relaxation.

Good luck!

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can mail it from here or should I go in and cancel it? If I go in, do I go back to where we purchased it, or to the address on the cancellation paper?
Do what we tell all others who come here asking how to rescind. Follow the instructions given to you in the owner's package you received upon purchasing. It will tell you how to send your rescission letter. In your case, it's likely it says certified mail. Some companies and jurisdictions have different instructions on how to send your rescission letter. Again, follow carefully what is said in the instructions.

Double D

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sapphire
Hello. I’m new here. Stupidly believed we were getting a great deal yesterday and after finding this group (thank goodness), realize we were not. I have 5 days from yesterday to rescind/cancel the contract. I can mail it from here or should I go in and cancel it? If I go in, do I go back to where we purchased it, or to the address on the cancellation paper? Thank you for your help!
Get your money back asap and I would send it certified mail if I were you. You can send an email to rhoffman@getawaysresorts.com he is the one who handles the returns and make sure to save the email. Tell him in writing that you want out and that you will be sending him a certified letter to the sapphire resorts headquarters and then when you get the certified stamp take apic of it and email that to him as well. These guys will use any and everything they can not to pay you or let you out of your contract so make sure you Dot EVERY i and cross EVERY T. I didn't and even my daughter dying didn't touch them enough to let us out of the contract.